PDA

View Full Version : 'Invitations' from AF1 for Canadians Crossing the Border

Dr. Thrillride
04-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Hi Ed: When I cross the border with bike and enclosed trailer, the border guards always make me pull over, go into a room, and wait while they get the dogs into my trailer and check it out. Local guys with open trailers seem to never get pulled over since they can see what's in the trailer, whereas I may have a few nuclear warheads in mine, so better safe than sorry I guess.

When they interrogate me, I tell them where I'm going and they ask me for my, 'invitation'. I will usually have a receipt for a trackday, but never have anything for the raceday, which seems to get them a little, 'bothered'. I now go down with an invitation for racedays.

Whatever they need is fine by me, but my short question to a long-winded preamble is, can you make us Canadians a formal invitation to the event on your letterhead to make it easier to get across the border? I could draft the text to make it really simple. I don't know about other parts of the country, but our two crossings are quite strict and it would make it easier for Leo, who's bringing the bikes in his enclosed trailer.

Plus, Leo looks like a drug dealer and he's from Surrey, so I think he may need all the help he can get!

http://users.pandora.be/beffy/Gifs/sofa.gif

Ed / AF1 Racing
04-26-2006, 01:24 PM
no problemo......i'll send you a blank letterhead....write whatever you need, and give it to your Canadian buddies.

duc slayer
04-26-2006, 01:33 PM
That sounds crazy, Over here on the other end of the border I think it would be very possible to bring a truck load of nukes. I've been through before and had the guy just look out the window and wave me through, appearently his spaghetioooo's were more important then our national security. Now this wasn't the real border but one of those bank teller looking deals.

vito
04-26-2006, 05:02 PM
no problemo......i'll send you a blank letterhead....write whatever you need, and give it to your Canadian buddies.

be sure to write it in canadian instead of english - eh, you hoser?

mikeyyc
04-26-2006, 05:42 PM
Actually it's for US Customs, so we'll use crayon, and avoid the big words.

How are you going down Dr.? I still have to work out the details with Leo as to where we're going to meet. Likely somewhere in MT.

Mike

leoxx
04-26-2006, 09:28 PM
Plus, Leo looks like a drug dealer and he's from Surrey, so I think he may need all the help he can get!

http://users.pandora.be/beffy/Gifs/sofa.gif[/QUOTE]

You very funny :kidding:
:funnypost :funnypost :funnypost

Dr. Thrillride
04-27-2006, 10:04 AM
Leo's kind enough to take my bike. I'm going to fly down as time is an issue (as it is for everyone else).

Actually it's for US Customs, so we'll use crayon, and avoid the big words.

How are you going down Dr.? I still have to work out the details with Leo as to where we're going to meet. Likely somewhere in MT.

Mike

Dr. Thrillride
04-27-2006, 10:06 AM
I try to be. Actually, you look more like Italian mafia!

You very funny :kidding: