PDA

View Full Version : tuono-mille conversion

clayd
03-14-2006, 08:28 AM
hi all,
is there anyboyd make this conversion, which '03 mille fairings will fit to tuono without any mods. I found some on ebay ; tail, upper head, lower, cf side inserts but no side fairings yet. I will paint them anyway so no problem if minor mods necessery to make them fit (upper head is the most important to me for better wind protection). I will go to collect parts according your advices, thanks.

008man
03-14-2006, 01:43 PM
I have thought about retrofitting a falco fairing to my tuono. Not seriously enough to take any measurements yet to see if it may be possible, but just toying withthe idea. I would think tthe mille fairing would be too low to accomodate the tuono's handle bars, but I could be wrong. I have seen the spiegler conversion to fit regular bars on an R1. Any thing is possible.

clayd
03-14-2006, 02:12 PM
I have thought about retrofitting a falco fairing to my tuono. Not seriously enough to take any measurements yet to see if it may be possible, but just toying withthe idea. I would think tthe mille fairing would be too low to accomodate the tuono's handle bars, but I could be wrong. I have seen the spiegler conversion to fit regular bars on an R1. Any thing is possible.

I will lower the handlebars to more sporty position anyway, may be mille clipons with risers.

Ceros47
03-14-2006, 02:58 PM
If both bikes are the same year you should be able to swop over the fairings quite easily. I think you'll run into other sorts of problems, like if you change an 03 sports type to a Tuono configuration you are going to have to be very imaganitive with the throttle cable routing - or just buy a Tuono throttle cable.

Same I think applies to break hose length and a few other bits an' pieces. The fairing are the least part of the problem