PDA

View Full Version : Ordered a '07 RXV550 today

Drt Boy
12-30-2005, 08:57 PM
It looks like we are going to keep the Aprilia dealership! We are really hoping the new owners make the necessairy improvments in the American dealer suport. So, we ordered some machines today and I've reserved a RXV for myself.

I do dual sport rides and trail riding so the street legal '07 should be worth the wait. I'm not really sure I need the 550 but ....... when have ya ever been sorry ya had more power??? Not due until third quarter delivery so the CRF250X will do until then.

DB

Jony2Stones
12-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Welcome to the club!!!!

I had two SXV's on order (different shops) until recently......

This season is going to be awesome..!

Hood
12-31-2005, 10:25 PM
I have barley been able to stand the wait this far, I still have something in the area of nine months

RZRob
01-01-2006, 07:52 PM
I was #3 in the US with a Bimota 500 V Due on order through ProItalia here in So Cal. I waited over 2.5 years and bike never did materialize. I got nervous about ever getting my $2,500 deposit back, but no problem there.

I even had a helmet custom painted to match and had "500VDUE" plate ready for it. Pro Italia managed to "lose" my specialized plate I gave them for the bike. I did actually get to gas one up at Seca and even start it. I was even invited to ride it at Willow Springs, but too short of notice (same day too far away).

Best thing to do is try to take your mind off of it and the date will come before you know it.

RZ Rob

Jony2Stones
01-01-2006, 09:13 PM
Best thing to do is try to take your mind off of it and the date will come before you know it.

RZ Rob

Exactly, and if they say 3rd quarter.....they mean the last day of the last month of 3rd quarter....NO earlier...

I've seen plenty of deposits go south (on other bikes) because excited customers assumed by August delivery they meant Aug 1st.....not Aug 30th....:D

I solved my anxiety by planning the OTHER bike I'll be buying this year....:happy:

priller tiller
01-02-2006, 12:16 AM
I do dual sport rides and trail riding so the street legal '07 should be worth the wait. DB

I was told that the US won't get a street legal bike until the '08's come out, which may be summer/fall of '07. since you work at a shop who told you the 07's are street legal?

:confused:

plus, your shop's site doesn't say anything about selling aprilia?

Drt Boy
01-02-2006, 06:35 AM
Exactly, and if they say 3rd quarter.....they mean the last day of the last month of 3rd quarter....NO earlier...

Right you are !!! In fact, it doesn't mean it will be in the dealership on that date, just that it will be shipped from the wareshouse on that date. The Italians are no different that the Japaneese on that one.

I was told that the US won't get a street legal bike until the '08's come out, which may be summer/fall of '07. since you work at a shop who told you the 07's are street legal?

Aprilia sent us an order sheet that indicated the 06's in both RXV and SXV are "race only" in both 450 and 550 sizes. The 07's (to be shipped 3rd quarter of 06) are not noted as race only.

plus, your shop's site doesn't say anything about selling aprilia?

As I mentioned, we were on the verge of giving up the Aprilia line. Our %&*^#@* internet salesman had the Aprilia information taken off because we had no product and he didn't want to mess with inquires for products we didn't have. This really pissed me off as we are still dealers and still do warranty work. If you check Aprilia's web site and look for Florida dealers you will see Barney's is still there. Aprilia information will be back on our web site this week.

DB

clarkie49
01-02-2006, 08:35 AM

I think you need to kick your dealer in the balls :D

Rollinfast has had confirmation from the horses mouth that they will be homologated by the end of the year and are happily spreading that information .........

... of course some of us know the real story ;)

Hood
01-02-2006, 09:24 AM
The way Clarkie teases, I'm begining to wonder if maybe he is a woman :nutts: :happy:

Drt Boy
01-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Well ....... maybe not. We've been holding off placing our order because we had a few questions that needed answering; we got the answers today .... along with some not so good news.

Even the 07's will be race bikes (at least for now). They don't plan to bring them in as street legal. Why?

This engine is made for racing. The power output comes at a cost of increased maintenance. Like, valve adjustment every 10 hours of use. Aprilia doesn't think this is suitable for a street bike and has decided to market it as race only.

They did say they were working on making changes that would bring the maintenance requirements more in line but until then, race only.

DB

clarkie49
01-14-2006, 08:04 AM
but did you get the information 'straight from the horses mouth' :D

JoeKher
01-14-2006, 08:33 AM
I think you need to kick your dealer in the balls :D

Rollinfast has had confirmation from the horses mouth that they will be homologated by the end of the year and are happily spreading that information .........
... of course some of us know the real story ;)If, by chance;) , Rollingfast is wrong do we get to :nutts: ?

duc slayer
01-14-2006, 11:57 AM
Hey clarkie, I noticed in another thread last night, you claimed you were out playing with the sxv!! Is this true and if so details,details,details....inquiring minds would like to know your opinions!! :worship: :worship:

hank
01-14-2006, 05:21 PM
... of course some of us know the real story ;)

Now play nice Clarkie.... :rolleyes:

(or are you REALYY CC/Fish Head)?

clarkie49
01-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Hey clarkie, I noticed in another thread last night, you claimed you were out playing with the sxv!! Is this true and if so details,details,details....inquiring minds would like to know your opinions!! :worship: :worship:

Just a 'show bike' that doesnt run or at least it doesnt now :D Still pretty cool though, gave me some ideas, thought about some options and stuff like that ;)

duc slayer
01-14-2006, 08:11 PM
I can tell you now, I want more power :D :D :D Can i volunteer(however you spell that damn word) for the 1st bigger bore project, perhaps a n2o kit :cheers:

Jony2Stones
01-14-2006, 08:24 PM
I can tell you now, I want more power :D :D :D Can i volunteer(however you spell that damn word) for the 1st bigger bore project, perhaps a n2o kit :cheers:

Dang!! Beat me to it...well the bigbore anyway...:D

duc slayer
01-14-2006, 08:38 PM
yeah I'm not really a big fan of n2o.............unless it's medical grade :D

Jony2Stones
01-14-2006, 08:47 PM
yeah I'm not really a big fan of n2o.............unless it's medical grade :D

Hahaaa yeah....:)