PDA

View Full Version : Tuono Owners?

sargent
12-22-2002, 11:57 PM
Are there any around yet? I'm interested in their impressions of the bike. No, not Vroom Vroom, but how the bike works in the real world and not a magazine test.

genem
12-30-2002, 10:14 AM
I have one. Love the bike. I was a former Mille rider but found the riding position too extreme for my older body. I have about 500 miles on the tuono r and love it.

DeTuono
01-08-2003, 02:36 AM
I got a streetfighter in December. I traded an '01 996 and an '00 KTM Duke2. I'm 44, 6'2" and 220lb.

I have always been a Ducati man. I had a love-hate relationship with the 996 and bought the KTM to try and fix the more egregious issues I was experiencing with the superbike (comfort, range, difficult and expensive servicing. Did I mention comfort?).

With the Tuono, I have both bikes in one. More power than the 996 even though the 996 had cans, chip and dialled cams. More comfort than the KTM. Easy servicing and better range. Of course it's not perfect. Part of what the upright riding position gives in comfort it takes away in ultimate control at speed. There's a slight loss in feel and it's difficult to get weight on the front in corners. Probably it's fine, and I just need to trust it.

I put a can on it, because a v-twin should be heard. Otherwise, it's hard to fault. I'm very happy with my choice and would recommend it to anyone who is tired of fooling himself that a crotch rocket makes a sensible everyday bike.

Cheers, Nick 8o