PDA

View Full Version : 2003 RSV Tuono R/ tuono

oneducs
12-09-2002, 08:56 PM
what do you think about them . i will put money on one tuesday . like to here what you think and what is right or wrong with them thanks

genem
12-30-2002, 10:16 AM
I have one and have been riding it for about 500 miles. Bad weather makes more riding difficult in my area. Love the bike. Just like a Mille R but better seating.

crackerguy
12-31-2002, 01:33 AM
What kind of range do you get out of a tank? Its the same as a Mille, right?

genem
12-31-2002, 09:15 AM
Fuel light on at 90 miles. Looks like low 30's, maybe less. I have under 1000 miles so the bike is in break-in. Mileage should improve after first service and a few more miles. So far, it is working like my Mille did.

DeTuono
01-02-2003, 02:27 AM
I lurve my Granite'n'Gold Tuono. I had a '01 996 and a '00 KTM Duke II before and the Tuono is the best of both worlds.

I just need a pipe, damn it! :evil:

Nick

oneducs
01-02-2003, 01:54 PM
hey guys i did go and buy a Tuono . a red one . iam still braking the bike in . i don't have much to go with because this is my first aprilia . the bike is tall and big compared to my ducati . would like to know where to get the pipe on the Tuono R cheep , real cheep if possible . any other mods to think about

fairorth
01-16-2003, 10:25 PM
Hey Oneducs,

Congratulations on your new Tuono! I'm hoping to score one too!

Can you tell me where you bought yours? It was cool to hear you got $1k off, I've only been able to get dealers around me to shave off a couple hundred tops.

Thanks!

oneducs
01-17-2003, 01:17 AM
i didn't get the deal i wanted but i didn't pay SMRP . i got about 500 off . i got the bike at american legends in sarasota in Fl. ya i realy enjoy the bike . iam looking for a slipon pipe for the bike right now . it's a great bike . hope you do as good or better on your price for your bike . latter :)

Ricky J
01-17-2003, 01:42 AM
Demo'ed a red Tuono last week. Crazy! It
was about a dozen miles and a little bit
of everything- urban, highway, backroad.
The tall and wide bars took me less get-
ting used to than expected. Compared to
my '00.5 it has WAY more leverage. Flaps
the arms more but I relaxed and pressed
on. Yep, like all the RSV range she's a
tall girl (I dig!) but once underway the
thing felt quite small. Maybe that's be-
cause you sit bolt upright and look over
it. The Tuono seemed to disappear under-
neath me. Quite surprising! Really, that
is one incredible moto...

DeTuono
01-17-2003, 06:20 AM
Hey OneDucs,

I got hold of a RSC pipe and chip from a cashed up Tuono R owner who'd gone to Ti Akropovics from day one. I paid A$1,000 (US$550) NIB. Apparently RRP is ~A$1,300 or US$700. Chip has "Tuono" written on it, but I've no idea if the map is any different to the standard RSC map.

I am very pleased. Motor carburets perfectly from way down low, all the way up. No popping or banging on the over-run either. Good note, similar to my 996 with termis, although unlike the Duke, there is little or no induction roar.

Pretty good value. ;) I'd definitely recommend.

Nick

oneducs
01-17-2003, 10:01 AM
yes i would like the same pipe to put on my bike you say it's the RSC ti pipe off the 02 Tuono R with chip . sounds great and thanks .

RinOz
01-17-2003, 02:43 PM
<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>although unlike the Duke, there is little or no induction roar[/quote]
Nick,
Go the Evo air kit & get an unrestricted snorkel from John at Aitkens

parkec
02-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Street Rumor has it you waited a whole 100 miles to “peg” the tac during break in.

:mad: :rollin: :mad:

DeTuono
02-14-2003, 08:32 PM
Shoot, RinOz didn't wait that long! He pegged the sucker driving it out of the dealer's yard. :D :eek: :D

Nick