PDA

View Full Version : A-team story?

sdsurferone
12-17-2002, 03:28 PM
I remember reading an article about a bunch of strong armed dudes in England who will ambush would be thieves by hiding in a van next to a "bait" bike, then springing into action and dragging the @#%$ inside where he gets a very decent beating... not enough to brake bones or inflict serious harm but enough to be scared shitless about doing this again. Of course the victim won't be reporting this to the police as he was also videotaped in IR doing the attempted robbery :-)

Anyhow... was looking for the link (probably from motorcyclenews.com) and couldn't find it.

I was never victim of bike (or car) theft, but I know I live in an upscale part of San Diego, not some carjacking prone rat hole in LA. Besides vigilante scare I hope technology will let a bike not only be well immobilized but maybe used neural technology to make it "reject" a rider which pattern it doesn't recognize (like a horse). Fuel cell bikes are also good... as a 10000 PSI hydrogen storage tank can be linked to an alarm and explode on trigger... he he

micah apriliaforum com
12-18-2002, 10:29 AM
I have always wanted to put a shaped charge (PETN) in the seat with a remote trigger....but, I honestly would probably blow up only myself by mistake. If technology improves this may be a viable option...I may not get the bike back, but it would really make my day.

sdsurferone
12-18-2002, 05:56 PM
A sue-me less prone method (given here in Cali you will get invariably sued by whatever @#%$ steals your bike and breaks their necks using it, or by their family if they die...) is to use some explosive dye that would be highly toxic for the eyes like pepper spray and ruin whatever clothes the idiot would be wearing + make them blind by painting their helmet visor black or something...

A flashing light by the dash would let you disarm the system safely...

As for really making your day, just exploding the gas tank would do it by a charge on the petcock... and if the dude sues you you can always claim the robber was tempering with the electronics of the bike and there was a "malfunction", no intended malicious intend... 3rd degree burns are as charming as the destruction of a hollow charge + extra pain...

micah apriliaforum com
12-19-2002, 09:54 AM
If it is pain you are after shoot for 2nd degree burns...

astroboy
04-07-2003, 04:04 AM
the articale ure thinking of was in performance bikes magazine, was a good read and should serve as a warning. i havnt had any of my motorbikes stolen...... and hopefully wont! but have had 4 pushbikes stolen all with $100+ chains on them, differnt bikes and places. 5g worth of pushy makes me want to deliver some street justice.

Cannon Fodder MOO
04-26-2003, 07:43 AM
yep PB had an article on them between 94 and 96 (i'm too lazy to look it up)

sooty103
05-10-2003, 02:54 PM
Check this ut if they got it on them you could go looking for them,it dyes they skin for 7 days=7 days to ask around for sombody with a green face,find them,and kick the @#%$ out of them.

Sooty103