PDA

View Full Version : Manhattan, NY Motorcycle storage?

joeybeppy
06-06-2005, 07:19 AM
I live in Cincinnati, Ohio, and have twin boys who just graduated from college this past year, who both landed jobs in NY, NY. I'd love to ride up and see them on occasion, but have no idea what to do with my bike. They both live in highrise apartments in Manhattan (no parking lots). On previous car visits over the holidays, I discovered that pay garage parking is outrageous, even for bikes. One of my twins discovered that he has cancer two weeks after he arrived, and is battling that horrific incident. I'd love to be able to cut some costs out of my visits (bike instead of car...), therefore increasing my time with them.

Does anyone have any ideas, contacts, or input for me? I really would just like a place to store the bike for a few visiting days at a time.

Thanks

redman412
06-06-2005, 08:40 AM
There is a place in the East village, in Manhattan that deals only in motorcycle parking. I'll try to check on it and send you the website.

hank
06-06-2005, 11:22 AM
It's tough finding off-street parking in NYC since most garages do not acept bikes due to insurance reasons.

The place in the East Village is called Rising Wolf & it's owned by Mike & Nori - call them at 212/476-5858.

I don't know if they take short-term parking but they can probably direct you to someone who does....

Be willing to spend $$$ no matter what.

redman412
06-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Thats the one, thanks for replying to joeypeppy. :peace: