PDA

View Full Version : "CLASS" @ INFINEON 4/10

jwa1
05-11-2005, 03:03 AM
today was a good day, pridemore's class was a blast. a little slow to start, but the pace picked pretty quick. there was a couple other prillers rumbling around as well as a bunch of ducks, at least i can say that my bitch held her own against the 999, even in the corners the 749 fell back, just a couple of picks. what an awesome day :)

turn 11

jwa1
05-11-2005, 03:05 AM
you'll like the next one :lover:

jwa1
05-11-2005, 03:06 AM
it's nice to see aprilia showing it's face an AMA event.

jwa1
05-11-2005, 03:11 AM
i have to post this one, it,s my favorite,

sorry :cathat:

Catatonic
05-11-2005, 06:16 AM
Nice pics - glad you had a good time. Overall, what are your impressions of the CLASS school? I'm going to one at VIR in July, which will also be my first track day.

jwa1
05-11-2005, 12:50 PM
ok at first i was really irrattated at how slow the the pace was. if you have not been to his school before than you will have to be in the "B" group. you will be in a lecture format for 20min. than on track for 20min. all day, the first 3 sessions you will follow the leader.. at first we are only allowed to 1-2 gears, the pace was tortuosly slow. but what you learn is throttle control. if like to chop at the throttle like myself this exercise will fix that. i have been to a bunch of track days and thought that i had some good speed built up at some points of the day but looking back at myself i was a choppy unpredictable rider. i did learn a lot about the throttle "staying on the gas" espiacally at sears with all those down hill turns. i payed about 400.00 for the day usually with other organizations it would about 300.00 so all in all the extra 100 was well worth it, the instructors are really cool also. a few times i would pull in behind to follow them and before i new it the pace was quicker and quicker. i was more tired after this day than ever before. just remember that it a street riding course so there are a lot of people that have crazy questions. so if you are the kind of guy that wanta to go to another levell of riding than my advise is tell an instructor taht you want ride a faster pace than the rest of the people and they will hook you up. all in all you learn more there than a standard track day.

Jaedee
05-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Too bad you're still slow. :bangwall:

Booger Red
05-16-2005, 09:46 PM
Oh rats, I was there, in fact I saw your bike and meant to stop by and say hi, but never got around to it. I left the Tuono home that trip and took my CBR 600RR. Tuesday was a good day, the weather kinda sucked Monday, but still a great time. Next time I'll be sure and say hello.
As I'm typing this I just got home from the Streets of Willow, Class. Reg is pretty much over the step off he took at Infineon last week. Very windy today on the desert, but no rain. Another very good day. Going back for more tomorrow.