PDA

View Full Version : Tmax vs Atlantic etc

Leo250rider
08-08-2002, 12:02 AM
Anyone have experience/word of mouth on the Tmax.
Am considering the Tmax vs Atlantic.
Looking for feedback guys! There is a serious issue of handling here, my main gripe with otherwise a great thing-twist and go!

Washy
08-08-2002, 01:05 PM
In England we get a magazine called "Twist & Go" with reviews of all scooters available. Their word on the T Max - an absolute pleasure round bends with loads of ground clearance and enough handling (me - has a separate swing arm unlike the Atlantic) and braking capacity to worry sports bikes. The only downsides are the ultra-noisy screen, relative thirst, tall seat height (me - 795 mm against the Atlantic 780mm) and silly price.

Atlantic - well there is plenty of comment on this site but from the mag - Aprilia's experience on both the track and road means they got the Atlantic to reach a ton without a wobble. A comfortable scooter and with a reasonable price tag.

Leo250rider
08-08-2002, 02:43 PM
I have been buying that here in New Zealand, so I have read that too. Owners opinions differ of course...
I am 6'1" so the tall seat height is no problem. And I've found that all scoots are pretty thirsty when driven hard. Especially some like the Dragster 180.
The other relevant things are the seperate engine/swingarm, as that effects tire wear I expect.
And thats alot of weight hanging off the back..