View Full Version : Time to buy or wait
11-21-2002, 10:46 AM
I was at my local dealer in New England and the price had been reduced to $5399 “to make room for new models”. I have a couple of questions for the group:
1. How new will the next shipment be, given that this is already a 2003?
2. Also, the stalling issue concerns me greatly, though the dealer downplays it as an isolated instance. Do we think it will be fixed in the new batch coming over?
3. Does anyone know if ABS will be offered as in option soon?
11-21-2002, 08:13 PM
1. New is New. I just ordered a left-over, unopened obsolete hand held computer for a fraction of the original price. I am eager to have it. No new model is quite the same. But, the one I'b getting should be entirely satisfactory for my limited needs. Chances are, the scooter will cost more next year. There are some scooters and motorcycles that I would not hesitate to buy as left-overs -- either because of price advantage, discontinuation of a nice model, or both.
2. Stalling. I doubt if the problem is widespread. I have not had the problem. If I did, I trust that my well-trained dealer mechanic would remedy it. You are unlikely to find any model of any mechanical/electrical device that is totally trouble-free.
3. ABS. The left brake on the Atlantic is wonderful. Do you expect to ride much in rain, snow and ice? Then get a Reflex with ABS. I do not commute on mine. So, I am seldom forced to ride in the rain. When I do, I slow down, I make very smooth changes of speed and direction. I crashed a motorcycle because of slippery pavement a few years ago. I don't think ABS would have prevented my crash (I'll spare you the details).
Check out the brief review in the January MotorCyclist. Mine came in the mail today.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.