PDA

View Full Version : Pistons

suzuki1
06-20-2003, 12:18 PM
What companies carry pistons for the RS in different sizes?

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative to the Aprilia pistons, and in sizes between 55-65cc. The CCS rules allow bikes up to 65cc for one of the classes, so I was trying to set it up so nobody would protest us... even though the RS is still slower than the KX65 powered GP bikes (Honda RS65), anybody that you beat can legally protest you for the extra 3cc's. I sent the measurements to Wiseco and they couldn't match them to anything that they stock because the compression height is so tall.

sandbergdenmark
06-20-2003, 12:39 PM
if you mail the measurements to me im opretty sure i can get them for you, as i also special order pistons for my motor and normally can get them the way i want:)

mail to: sandberg@metanurb.dk

suzuki1
06-20-2003, 02:50 PM
I can't seem to find the paper that I faxed to Wiseco with all of the measurements, so I'll have to measure it again. I remember where they wanted it measured, but not the results... These are the required measurements that I sent to them, just let me know if you need all of these or something different and I'll email it to you:

1. overall length
2. dome rise
3. compression height (center of pin hole to top of the piston)
4. bore size
5. locating pin locations (intake side, measured from the center)
6. wrist pin size
7. pin hole depth (top of pin hole to top edge)

sandbergdenmark
06-20-2003, 02:59 PM
canŽt see what els i would need, so if you mai lthe measurements iŽll get on it as soon as possibel:)