PDA

View Full Version : which tire would you choose.sportec m1 or 208zr

solosyko1
04-13-2003, 08:22 PM
which tire would you choose.sportec m1 or 208zr to go to the track?

micah apriliaforum com
04-14-2003, 08:35 AM
M1's are cheaper and have a lot to offer...especially on a lightweight 250. I have a set of the 208's on my Mille track wheels and they are good tires but I will continue to spend my money on the Metezelers.

splatgirl
04-14-2003, 09:45 AM
If you want a set of very lightly used Sportec's to try for cheap and are here in the US let me know. I have a set that is almost new. I did't like them and switched to the D208's.

splatgirlie@yahoo.com

solosyko1
04-15-2003, 01:50 AM
would you guys use street 208s on the track.

TedMeyer
04-15-2003, 12:05 PM
Depends on how you'll use them. If it's just for the track, you'll get more absolute grip from race tires. But they take longer to heat up and won't last nearly as long as street rubber. So if you're gonna spend a lot of time on the street with the same rubber, I'd go with street rubber.

I used the Metzler Rennsport Race tires (supersoft front / soft rear) last weekend and I liked them. More of a round profile than I'm used to (I run Pilot Sports on my Duc), and in the 120/160 size I had small "chicken strips" on the front and rear -- with the Dunlops in the same sizes I wore them edge to edge. I'm gonna try the Pirelli Supercorsa next and then Dunlop and maybe Michelin until I find the right match for me.

Ted