PDA

View Full Version : RSW OR RSV GP BIKE INFO

tonga281081
04-24-2003, 10:04 PM
guys,
can someone please let me know what the difference is between a normal rs 250 and a gp rsv or rsw bike in both mech aspects and cost terms aswell as maintanance.... also how available are they??/ I live in Australia... PLEASE HELP!

splatgirl
04-25-2003, 08:32 AM
See the recent thread on page two titled "Difference between 250 Challenge and GP bike"

Splat

micah apriliaforum com
04-25-2003, 08:33 AM
Basically everything is different....they both have two wheels but that is about it.

RSV/RSW use Rotax rotary valve motors and make 88-100bhp at the tire....rings are good for three hours, pistons twice that, cranks every few weekends.

RSW, some have carbon wheels, brakes, swingarms....etc, not a bit of ferrous metal anywhere....

RSV, new price $80,000, used anywhere from $15,000-50,000.

RSW, new price (they choose the buyers) ?$$$ . A 9 year old RSW125 will still sell for like $12,000 here.

twocycler
04-25-2003, 12:48 PM
The RSW is NOT an entirely different bike from the RSV. It just just a collection of bolt on WGP 'kit' parts. This consists of a carbon swingarm, carbon wheels (separate lease), kit cylinders, kit Ti exhausts, Ohlins suspension front and rear, powerjets on the carbs, different ignition curve programming...thats about it.

There is also an 'Officiale' bike that has a slightly different frame and many other different parts.

I believe a 2003 RSV250 is E92,000 right now. The 'Officiale' is about five times that, but you get many spares (very few spares with a new RSV) as well as full factory assistance at the races.

BTW, you can no longer run carbon brakes in WGP250 and Aprilia says that the engine is now all Aprilia and no Rotax...

Rocky Stargel
Team Stargel Aprilia