View Full Version : seat on my 2000

05-07-2003, 06:24 PM
Should the seat be very loosly fit toward the back? Mine is mounted solidly in the front but not attached at the rear. It can be picked up and move around about 2"s.

05-07-2003, 06:41 PM
My seat, it's nicely fitted and it doesent move from where it seats at.

05-07-2003, 06:53 PM
I took a look and there are no attachments at the rear. The seat just flops around?

05-08-2003, 12:14 AM
Mine moves around a bit.....it is OK....don't worry about it. You just don't want to pick the bike up by the ducktail (seat unit) but why would anyone want to do that anyway :)

05-08-2003, 06:59 AM
It moves a bit (the seat, not the ass), but not that much. There should be two hoops that are welded to the subframe that match up with two prongs/tabs on the bottom of the seat. Occassionally the hoops will get bent back on my bike, but they're all-too-easy to bend back with my fingers.

Speaking of seats, I was wondering if anyone has come up with a clever racing seat? Seems like the stocker is a bit of overkill for those of us who never ride our bikes more than 30 minutes at a stretch....

CCS #242

05-08-2003, 10:52 AM
Ted, what about just getting some plexiglass or something, and sanding it to fit the size of the seat space, and just getting some of that thin foam sticker stuff and stick it on there... like I've seen on some of the 125s (I think). But their 'seat' is part of the actual sear/tail fairing.

Clear as mud?

05-08-2003, 01:46 PM
I know what you mean, it was my friend's GP bike that made me think about it. I pondered taking the seat apart and using the stock seat-pan to create a more compact, lightweight replacement. But you have to factor in the ability to get the tank off easily and access the battery and fuses, and pretty soon it all seems like too much bother, and especially since the stocker really isn't too bad. Then I realized I was creating a problem I didn't need.... Doh.

the two stroke terrorist
05-11-2003, 08:48 PM
my seat also only moves around a small amount at the back
which direction does the seat move in?

have you fitted it correctly into the metal loops that hold the seat in place

05-13-2003, 05:44 AM
It moves up down and from side to side.

05-14-2003, 07:53 PM
The tabs were bent back for some reason. Bent them back and the seat is tightly in place. Thanks for the response's.