PDA

View Full Version : water soaking the spark plug

Norfolk_aprilia
07-09-2004, 11:20 AM
theres water getting onto the piston and soaking the spark plug, is it what i said to you craig about warped casings or is it something alot less severe. cheers

NickRS250
07-09-2004, 11:42 AM
which part of the plug? if its getting into the cylinder you need to get it sorted STRAIGHT AWAY, due to the heat of the piston and then cooler water going onto it the sudden change in temperatures, and with the expansion contraction being uneven on the piston crown, part of the piston will be hotter and more expanded then others causing the the piston to crack, leading to parts breaking off and eventually seizing the engine.

Nick

OldSkool
07-09-2004, 01:12 PM
Prolly the head gasket gone. replace the o ring and check the cylinder head for warpage at same time. Will more than likely solve it. The head had warped on my AF1 so meant the head gasket would blow. Got a new head (well re machined one) from Peter Knight for not alot. Sorted the problem.

Craig
07-09-2004, 01:29 PM
We know the heads good as its one i had... :S

Is it a new barrell as that could have warped?

OldSkool
07-09-2004, 01:32 PM
You gave him good head then Craig??? :D

Couldn't resist :happy:

darren
07-09-2004, 01:32 PM
the head would only warp if it had over heated and boiled the coolent and the barrel would take high temp for that to warp prb ur head gasket mate

Norfolk_aprilia
07-09-2004, 02:32 PM
the head gasket is fine though, would the engine casings be warped or would it be a new cylinder at most? cheers, couldnt care anyway probably will just get a new engine used good 1 at lease and a new cylinder, then it the nsr, turn to be treated.