PDA

View Full Version : urgent help needed!!!!

Crazy RS Rider
06-15-2004, 06:44 AM
I was testing me 34mm carb running kindof good but as i was goin i noticed that the bike was jumping like a kangaroo between 5-7k rpm next thing i notice is that me rev counter stops working and theres no spark. What the hells goin on im havin no luck wid carb and now the bloody electronics HELP!!!!!:(

JonnyRS50
06-15-2004, 06:51 AM
rev counter not working.......you aint acidentally hit the kill witch have ya?

Crazy RS Rider
06-15-2004, 06:54 AM
Im crakin up well bad i jus checked it n da kill switch waz off but i didnt touch it some how it must of switched itself off when i waz drivin.
Cheers mate :peace:

JonnyRS50
06-15-2004, 06:57 AM
lol you wont be the first person its happened to lol

I like to remember it that if the rev counter aint moving but startermotor works then its the kill switch.

Crazy RS Rider
06-15-2004, 07:08 AM
Glad im not da only one who feels like a plonker + u know anythin bout my carb bein like a kangaroo ts mainly when its at bout half throttle its got a 155 main jet im tempted ta change it to the next size down

JonnyRS50
06-15-2004, 07:10 AM
i dunno m8, having a few technical mishaps of my own atm since i installed a chopped back blanking plate, it sounds like 1 big misfire below 8k, but then it gets to 8k and screams all the way out.

Done a plug chop to make sure its running right?

Crazy RS Rider
06-15-2004, 07:15 AM
mines exactly da same like 1 big misfire below 8k and its exactly the same bike as ure Rossi Rep perhaps its a Rossi Rep thing lol
me plug looks a bit black so i think its to rich and tampering with the air scew doesnt seem ta do anythin it gotta be the main jets to big cos the needle clip is on the top notch
What main jet u got cheers
:cool:

JonnyRS50
06-15-2004, 07:28 AM
dunno, never touched the carb setting on it lol, it runs well enough for me, so as the old saying goes, if it aint broke then dont fix it =p

Just try a smaler main jet, but make sure you plug chop it as soon as you have changed it, the last thing you want is to seize it!