PDA

View Full Version : Stolen today in west hollywood, ca: 2010 aprilia tuono 1000r

Highpriestess
02-01-2014, 09:33 PM
My beloved Aprilia Tuono in ice white and silver was stolen from my underground parking garage today, Sat, Feb 1, 2014, in West Hollywood, between noon and 2:15pm. If anyone comes across this bike or any parts on craigslist, chop shops, ebay, etc, please call 911 immediately and then send me an email at Highpriestessnili@yahoo.com...bike is almost completely stock with only very minor cosmetic adjustments (LED front turn signals and backseat cowl with ice white and silver stickers with red Aprilia logo), license plate is "SPMONI"...I'm sure it's already chopped up for parts, but this is a pretty rare bike and I have only seen two other bikes of the same make and model in my entire riding career and they were a different color. Handlebars are gold color, rims are black, tires are Power Pros, no other distinguishing marks...please share this with everyone you know...it's insured but would love to see my baby come back to me. Please help a fellow rider out. Thank you!

drvacation
02-02-2014, 11:15 AM
bastards, I'd rather they stole one of my kids, but you got a set of eyes in las vegas if it comes this way, on an up note my old bike got stolen,insurance paid me than they found it 6 mos. latter with light damage and dead battery and they sold it back to me for very cheap! good luck

ralphcor
02-02-2014, 12:05 PM
sorry for your loss. keep an eye on craigslist, some crooks are stupid enough to list parts for sale

Highpriestess
02-03-2014, 01:13 AM
I am hoping that would be the case...I am looking for top dollar for insurance on my beautiful bike so I can get back to riding quickly. I am not sure if I would want my Spumoni back knowing that horrible things were done to her, but honestly, for sentimental value, I would probably take it. This bike contained my heart and soul inside the V-twin...I'm sure all the riders on here understand. Now I have PTSD every time I go down to my car and see the space where my bike used to be and see the effing bootprints of the a**hole who walked through an oil spill in the next parking space to lift my bike up onto what probably was a small pickup truck to steal it. This one is going to hurt for a while. I have been scouring craigslist and ebay as well for parts and whole bikes...

Banned
02-03-2014, 10:00 PM
It won't be listed locally and they wait 6 months to a year before selling off parts, thay will most likely use ebay to sell parts. That assumes they are smart. If stupid, you may find stuff listed right away. Is there no CCTV in the parking garage?

auditude
02-14-2014, 01:21 AM
Bastids!!! As a fellow tuono owner/lover I truly feel for you. Got my eyes peeled for parts or whole moto. Good luck and keep us posted!