PDA

View Full Version : Sportcity 200

GPM
02-20-2012, 02:25 AM

Just doubled my Aprilia collection - 200cc 2006 model only 1,800k's on it.

Being an automatic, riding in stop start traffic is a breeze.

Gets off the mark quicker than the general traffic but there's not a lot of acceleration to get you out of trouble.

Makes for an easy daily commute of 5k's each way.

SoulDaddy
02-20-2012, 03:14 AM
Do the chicks dig it?

DR-JEKL
02-20-2012, 04:24 AM
How much are they worth?

lol @ SD's comment :)

go_modem_go
02-20-2012, 05:27 AM
I like these Sportcitys! Congrats to your purchase!

Albeit a bit too expensive for my potential use for it (my Vespa oldtimer and my cheapo 50cc chinese scoot does the 5k return trips inside the inner city for now...). What I don't like on my scoots are the utterly silly and flimsy 10-inch wheels, very hazardous if you ride aggressively with a knife between your teeth (which I do on a scoot) - A proper 15" wide-wheel scooter like the Sportcity is just SO MUCH better in that respect...

The older Sportcity 250 or the newer Sportcity 300i.e. CUBE top models with 23hp should fix the lack of acceleration to get you out of trouble on major roads - at least up to 110km/h (gets a bit sluggish until top speed of 125kph).

And that's more than enough for any European inner city driving, where speeds can reach 70km/h at the very maximum, if you race illegally through narrow mediaeval back streets...

Oh, and the girls really dig scooters - it's absolutely no problem whatsoever to get a girl to hop onto the comfy back seat for a short ride on an old Vespa scooter (or any other scoot for that matter). With the Falco or any other motorbike they are usually much more scared and wouldn't even dare think about hopping on! :D