PDA

View Full Version : Some closure for you

ThEGr33k
05-18-2010, 03:10 AM
Well I thought since (im quite sure) I've been annoying people with many many questions over the past few months asking about possible causes of that damn 3K rpm stumble...

Well I seem to have remedied it finally *all cheer!* so thanks for putting up with me all this time and giving me idea's, its been testing for me but I finally saw it through and it seems to be 99% sorted. The rest a Power Commander tune for 100% good fuelling will sort I think.

What I did;

Replaced the Throttle bodies with some newer and much cleaner ones off of Ebay. Balanced them and its running much better. Guess I cant say for certain what was wrong with the original set as im using new fuel pressure reg and injectors but if I was to guess; id guess slightly slow/clogged injector...

Glad that seems to be over!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

paddyz1
05-18-2010, 03:40 AM
So what will be the next problem:)

D-Rider
05-18-2010, 03:50 AM

ROFLMAO

:funnypost:funnypost:funnypost

Paddy - you've just made a grown man cry !

ThEGr33k
05-18-2010, 03:50 AM

Shhh, none touch wood! I honestly dont like having issues.

Not problems but I have some 4 pad calipers to fit (waiting for one of the springs that hold the pads in to come as one is missing), might also have to chase some Oz wheels... Wish me luck! :o

ROFLMAO

:funnypost:funnypost:funnypost

Paddy - you've just made a grown man cry !

I knew I was well regarded, didnt realise how well... :crowbar:

D-Rider
05-18-2010, 04:17 AM
Now, those 4-pad callipers ..... don't get any ideas about stripping them down and servicing them before you fit them .... (though, obviously do make sure they are in good order before you come to use them)

I've also got a set waiting to go on but I thought I'd strip them down first ....

..........body count so far .... 1 torx bit twisted, 1 brand new chrome-vanadium torx bit snapped .... callipers still together (2 torx bolts loosened, 1 won't shift) ..... 1 impact torx bit now being procured ....

.... and I only wanted to get the seals out so I could find out what they are and find a good source for spares ......

mangocrazy
05-18-2010, 04:52 AM
.... and I only wanted to get the seals out so I could find out what they are and find a good source for spares ......
(Sigh) - you could always have asked, Andy. I stripped mine down over the winter and gave them a quick going over. Once again, KTM came to the rescue...

And the Torx bolts were a tad tight, I must admit...

ThEGr33k
05-18-2010, 05:10 AM
They do look good to be honest so I wasnt planning on any strip tease with them. :)

D-Rider
05-18-2010, 05:11 AM
LOL ... never mind, Graham - I'd sooner service them before putting them on TBH.

I was fairly sure that KTM would be a good backup but I'm hoping that Chabi on Ridersite can use his contacts to find a good match like he did with the OEM clutch slave seal.

.... and once I've got these 4-pad beauties on there, I'll strip the standard callipers to try to source seals for them too (in addition to the KTM source) ...

mangocrazy
05-18-2010, 05:18 AM
Yes, I agree that finding some alternatives is definitely the way forward. It's good to know that KTM can be used as a back-stop, but they're pricey for what they are and you are forced to buy an overhaul kit that includes pistons and seals. Being an honorary Yorkshireman I object to paying through the nose for a few rubber seals...

ThEGr33k
05-18-2010, 05:24 AM
I didnt actually realise they did the 4 pad ones, knew about them supporting 2 pad ones. Good to know. :)

mini_me
05-18-2010, 06:05 AM
Glad you sorted it out nick! Now what to do wil ALL THAT SPARE TIME?! :D