PDA

View Full Version : fwiw-Guzzi info

rdbandkab
05-10-2010, 09:49 AM
From Motorcycle Daily.com

The Milan motorcycle show later this Fall will be the perfect place for two of Italy's premier manufacturers to display new models.

The acquisition of Moto Guzzi by Piaggio a few years ago is about the bear more fruit. You may remember the design studies shown by Moto Guzzi last year. Precursors, no doubt, to future production models including a rumored 1200cc Le Mans. Reports indicate Piaggio has revamped and improved Moto Guzzi production methods to improve reliability and increase performance (we have already seen frequent tweaks to the engines and transmissions inherited from the former owners). A new Le Mans might not be the only new model displayed by Moto Guzzi.

abouc
05-10-2010, 08:03 PM
That would be cool to see a new Le Mans.

SF2DieHard
05-10-2010, 10:24 PM
No! No! No! must buy Norge! or Bellagio. cant get Bellagio. Must buy Norge!

DungeonMaster

pete roper
05-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Don't hold yer breath. This rumour circulates on an anual basis. The world economy is in the terlet. They ain't gunna launch anything radical any time soon. Want 'Sporty'? Buy a Griso and stop whining........

Pete

SF2DieHard
05-11-2010, 08:15 AM
Norge?
Griso?
Norge?
Griso?

I think the Griso is lower priced. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bill in OKC
05-11-2010, 09:46 AM
The Norge is pretty sweet...

SF2DieHard
05-11-2010, 05:52 PM
The Norge is Real sweet. but I would prefer the sportier suspension on the Griso. But I think a sport-tourer would suit me better. but, but, but, but I think I need some mental help. :)

DungeonMaster

pete roper
05-13-2010, 12:27 AM
I'll be in LA in about a month with my 8VG. If you want to take one that has beens et up properly for a flog let me know and we'll meet up somewhere and you can take it up to the SM mountains for a day or summat? Usual caveats about you bend it? You mend it!

Pete

SF2DieHard
05-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Oh yeah. you said you were visiting! where is my calendar???

DungeonMaster

SoulDaddy
06-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Let's make that happen, shall we?

OZSLR
06-16-2010, 06:22 PM
Norge?
Griso?
Norge?
Griso?

I think the Griso is lower priced. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

If you're torn between these 2, why not consider a Sport 1200? For my mind it is the perfect compromise. Based on the same platform as the Norge, with hard luggage available, but with the added performance and improved handling/suspension.

SoulDaddy
06-16-2010, 08:59 PM
What a great suggestion, those are cool to the extreme.

And speaking of picking up cool new bikes, Mr. Pete Roper dropped by this morning and picked up my old and his new Eldorado.

I think he was quite pleased with his purchase and I was sad to see it leave but it was indeed a pleasure to meet The Man with the Blue Beard. And his friend, John, too, who also did not leave empty handed ... he selected a fine old Soul Daddy's surfboard, and I do mean old.

Here's hoping Pete finds some friendly Austrian curves to ride the old soldier upon in the best of health. :cheers: :cheers:

OZSLR
06-16-2010, 11:00 PM
Shame the Eldo had to go, but a better home it could not find I am sure. Did he mention if the Scura had found a new home?

pete roper
06-16-2010, 11:09 PM
Scura sale is a work in progress but it should be finalized within a fortnight or so.

Meeteing Garywas a splendid experience and I am EXTREMELY happy with the purchase. It's exactly wat I like. Not an over-restored munter but a bike with low mileage and almost all of the original stuff, (Including paint!) but with a decent patina of age and use. At $2,900 it is, to me, a fantastic bargain and means I now own one of each of my beloved Guzzi designs apart from a spine frame V11, (I couldn't take my Scura home.) and an early Hi-Cam and they can wait.

SD's a gent. Pleasure meeting and doing biz-nizz!!!

Pete

SoulDaddy
06-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Yep, I asked him about that and sure enough somebody, I believe in the LA area, has just taken it off his hands. So that was good news.

:plus:

:peace: