PDA

View Full Version : Pivot Pegz ordered for RXV

olepoop
07-16-2009, 06:06 AM
I don't have many options on my RXV but I seen that Pivot Pegz makes a set for the SXV/RXV so I ordered a set, I stand alot while riding and find that my shins are over strest after a ride so I'm hoping to releave some stress on them and get some better feel and control while riding. I will give a riding rpt after I ride with them for awhile. Has anyone tried them on other bikes or their Ape? These are Mark IIs and the part # is PP-42MK2 just incase anyone is interested. :blah::blah::blah:

RXV550ME
07-16-2009, 07:37 AM
My mate has a set on his ktm and swears by them. Ive had a few goes on it and they feel really nice. I am running the fastway pegs as I like the extra width and grip. FYI - any CRF peg fits

RXV_Poor
07-16-2009, 10:02 AM
I tried pivot pegs on my 525XC. If they were wider & I had a rear hand brake I would have left them on. It seemed like every time I needed the rear brake my foot was a mile a way & them I couldn't modulate it properly.

proslider
07-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Work great for me on my 300. After 3 years I have forgotten they are even there.

Oz215
07-17-2009, 05:35 AM
I have used them for a while now , and have a set on my SXV , they are good & I can recomend them to anyone. Always have a full peg om your sole even when leaning forward or back.

olepoop
07-20-2009, 06:46 PM
I got the pegz today 7/20/09 put them on no issues. They are about a 1/4" wider and slightly heavier but I havent ridden the bike with them on yet.:bond:

O Trader
07-21-2009, 01:04 AM
Depending on which way you mount them you can also lower the height of the pegs by approx 7mm which will give a lower CG.

olepoop
07-29-2009, 03:18 AM
I have been able to ride my RXV with the new Mark II pivot pegs, I do find shifting easier than stock pegs. I don't have to remove my foot from the peg to shift. While standing under full throttle I tend to rotate back, so I have to learn to balence on the peg better, the pegs have taken the stress off my calfs. I might lower the peg change the shaft from left to right and right to left to gain a lower riding position which should help toe to shifter even better. I think I'll keep them. in time like some say I won't even know they are there:bond:

RXV_Poor
07-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Glad you like them.

MBevans
07-29-2009, 06:48 PM
HighJacking time.

I would like to change my pegs on the RXV.

With size 11 boots, I find that I need to lift my foot to get to the brake, seems like the distance of the pegs to the shifter/brake too close.

Even though I love the way the my weight balance is going up steep hillclimbs. Moving the width of the pegs backwards. What's out there for me?

Cheers,
Mark

olepoop
07-30-2009, 12:04 AM
I wear a 12" boot and I had trouble shifting with stock pegs I had to take my foot off the peg to up shift and for rear wheel braking I had to stand to have feel on the pedal if I sat I would lock up the rear and slide out of control. These pegs help me feel the brake and shifter alot better while seated.:bond:

Beau1K
07-30-2009, 12:09 AM
:pics::pics::pics::pics::pics::pics::pics::pics:

olepoop
07-30-2009, 12:25 AM
I can't do pics but you can go to Pivot Pegz web site and check them out if you want pictures.:bond:

Beau1K
07-30-2009, 12:39 AM
Or since it's your thread your could take a second to make it interesting. :rolleyes:

olepoop
07-30-2009, 03:47 AM
Beau1k, if you need to be entertained follow your own lead and guide yourself. Or maybe you have some stickers you want to put on your fender.::rolleyes::bond:

MBevans
07-30-2009, 12:47 PM
I wear a 12" boot and I had trouble shifting with stock pegs I had to take my foot off the peg to up shift and for rear wheel braking I had to stand to have feel on the pedal if I sat I would lock up the rear and slide out of control. These pegs help me feel the brake and shifter alot better while seated.:bond:

Excellent, then I must try a set......

thanks
Mark