PDA

View Full Version : Should i get the Mx/Rx 50?

HARRISON702
07-07-2009, 08:10 AM
:burnout:Hi all,
I was on here a month ago because i was asking about the Rs50.
But after much research, and a firm 'NO' from my dad i have turned to the Rx/Mx 50.
However theres a few questions i would like to ask.
Are they more reliable, less prone to break than the rs50?
Is there a difference between rx/mx 50 ?
And also i am looking at the bike, just wanted to now peoples opinion onit.
Its a 2003 Mx50,
done 7000miles.
It looks all good and clean, and also comes with these add ons :
New renthal handlebars (blue),new scott grips,
carbon effect indicators, metallic blue tax disc holder, carbon effect brake leaver and clutch leaver, full arrow system exhaust
a new Malossi 21mm carburettor, a k&n style air filter, a heavy duty crankshaft.
Wants around 800-1000 for it?
Cheers :):burnout::)

Dom.C
07-07-2009, 09:08 AM
:burnout:Hi all,
I was on here a month ago because i was asking about the Rs50.
But after much research, and a firm 'NO' from my dad i have turned to the Rx/Mx 50.
However theres a few questions i would like to ask.
Are they more reliable, less prone to break than the rs50?
Is there a difference between rx/mx 50 ?
And also i am looking at the bike, just wanted to now peoples opinion onit.
Its a 2003 Mx50,
done 7000miles.
It looks all good and clean, and also comes with these add ons :
New renthal handlebars (blue),new scott grips,
carbon effect indicators, metallic blue tax disc holder, carbon effect brake leaver and clutch leaver, full arrow system exhaust
a new Malossi 21mm carburettor, a k&n style air filter, a heavy duty crankshaft.
Wants around 800-1000 for it?
Cheers :):burnout::)

Hiya mate, good questions.

Just out of interest, how come your Dad will let you have an RX/MX but not an RS.

Someone will explain about the engine differences between the RX/MX and the RS.

Are they less prone to letting you down? Probably not, I think they have very similar engines to the RS but someone will explain this better.

I think the MX has supermoto style wheels, where a the RX has bigger, off road type wheels. There won't be a lot of difference between them both, they will probably will have different gearing.

Now, if you've seen a bike you're interested in, go and see it for yourself. They can look so different in real life compared to pictures. Check for wheel bearings/forks/brakes and see if the have farings have been replaced. This can be a sign of a previous crash etc. Ask what oil has been used, any decent owner would use Castrol TTS or something of that quality.

If I was you I'd go with something completely standard (engine wise), less things to go wrong, cheaper etc. You could always put it back to stock if you have the resources etc. though.

May sound good but it could be a bag of nails. Go and see if for yourself, post some pictures up as well, we can get a better feel for it then.

Sorry, I was a bit vague, don't know much about the MX/RX. Someone will be able to clean that up though.

bourney2007
07-07-2009, 03:15 PM
Pretty much the only difference between the RS and MX/RX is the styling.

They all use AM6 engines, strokers and (pretty much) have all had the arse ragged off them by teenagers.

Buy a 2-stroke and expect to do an awful lot of maintenance/repairs. If you want a bike you can just ride then go for a 4-stroke but you may aswell buy a bicycle if you are considering a 4-stroke 50.