PDA

View Full Version : The Hook is Set

CDNSXV
05-24-2009, 09:03 PM
A roadracing buddy has been showing some interest in motards recently. He got a ride on a WR250X and wasn't overly impressed. He has been talking about an SXV and today I handed him the keys to my 550.

I was not at all worried about him throwing the bike on the ground as he is one guy who knows what he is doing. But after about 20 minutes I was beginning to wonder if he was gonna bring the bike back or just keep going. :lover:

When he finally rolled in, I could see a huge grin on his face even under the helmet. When he got the helmet off I was subjected to a long string of unprintable epithets followed by, "... now I HAVE to have one".

All afternoon he babbled on about how much fun the 550 is to ride and that motor. My god THAT MOTOR!

So I think the hook is well and truly set. :cheers:

It seems the SXV just sells itself. :worship:

hym1100
05-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Thats what I like to see - keep converting them. Soon the SXV/RXV will be selling in solid numbers in US - good for everyone!

My Dad just bought a 08 WR250R, same motor as X.

Power wise it's like comparing a bottle rocket to the space shuttle

Cheers

CDNSXV
05-24-2009, 11:07 PM
I have a WR250X for my wife. It is perfect for her. Its a fun little bike but pretty slow.

hym1100
05-24-2009, 11:35 PM
I have a WR250X for my wife. It is perfect for her. Its a fun little bike but pretty slow.

It's actually a superb Dual Sport. I geared his 250R down to 12T in the front, great improvement, still top end in high 70s low 80s. There are some other mods you can do to the WR that could extract another 20% in power :)