PDA

View Full Version : New Griso!!

Kid Thunder
04-29-2009, 12:26 AM
Picking up my new Griso 8V Friday!!! Can't wait1 They got the recall parts today & called to say that the bike was on the lift as we speak!! Good guys!
That's Seacoast Sportcycle Derry, NH. Dealt with them since 2003.
If my son can figure out how to post pictures I will post.
I got them to throw in a dark smoke plexi fly screen.

SoulDaddy
04-29-2009, 12:30 AM
Awesome. Whaddya gonna name her??

Jupiter
04-29-2009, 12:33 AM
Color me jealous, Kid. Great bike that oozes character but performs like a modern bike should.

Nicely done. :burnout::burnout:

pete roper
04-29-2009, 05:25 AM
Color me jealous, Kid. Great bike that oozes character but performs like a modern bike should.

Nicely done. :burnout::burnout:

With aftermarket Guzzitech pipe and #2 map which is absurdly rich at WFO mine makes 96.4 RWHP. Once a decent map modifier is available 105-110 should be easy and another 5 on top of that with some air-box work. Biggest issue is tuning out the eco-fascist inspired flat spots and mid-range lean-ness. This motor will be a great stump puller when sorted.....

No, it's still a big, heavy, old munter but by golly it's fun!!!!:happy:

Pete

Kid Thunder
04-30-2009, 01:15 AM
Pete, check you PMs.
As for a name I have one already.
I own an Aprilia Tuono & she is my Italian Mistress. So this Griso will be a male, my Itailan Modster!!! Maybe they will get TOGETHER & make Vespa's!!!!
It came to mind when the girl that works at the dealership(who owns a Tuouo) said that when she road a Griso that it is a mans bike! She just couldn't comes to terms with it. That's OK with me.
And Pete, That is the pipe that I am going to put on it. I think I will wait until a way to custom map it comes about.
It will be tough because every bike that I have owned I put a pipe on when I got home or after the first checkup.
I had a bad flat spot on my Tuono at about 5500 rpms. With an air filter, a PC III with a custom map it got much better. The only way to get rid of it totally is to put on twin pipes. I have a single Akro end can on now. It was just to expensive to go with the twin pipe.
We will always triumph over the ones who try to kill our fun!!!!
Don-M

SF2DieHard
04-30-2009, 08:37 AM
I'm jumping on the Jealous bandwagon!!

D-Master

Kid Thunder
05-01-2009, 01:42 AM
That's OK. I'll be 61 this year & I deserve it!!!!!
Don-M

Kid Thunder
05-02-2009, 11:39 PM
I picked up the Griso Friday. Had to truck it home because of the rain, about a 100 mile trip.
Just took it around the block. I love it already! It apears to be VERY comfortable. My son hats it. He doesn't like the way it twist to the right when you blip the throttle between gears or at a standstill. I think it KOOL because it does.
He's only 21 & doesn't get the old school stuff. He has a 2000.5 Mille & my bike is a Tuono.
I will try to get some pictures of it posted.
Today I spent the afternoon getting all the fuckin' stickers off! Now it looks beautiful!!
Don-M

RossGuzzi
05-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Congrats !

Ive always thought Guzzi`s respond better to slightly more gradual throttle openings when riding rather than blips.
Its true they require a slightly different riding stye to fast revving 'modern' bikes!

Cheers!

Kid Thunder
05-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Yes, it is a whole new experence than my "03" Tuono.
Don-M

Romeocalling
05-05-2009, 01:05 AM
Don -

If there's one cruiser I'd settle for, it would be the Griso - it is a really sweet ride.

I only ride sportsbikes and got a Griso on loan for the day. Compared to my Factory, it is extremely lazy to ride and effortless. Not as tiring as a sportsbike. Easy going through traffic and the stock bike exhausts are full bodied in the low revs. I really enjoyed it and think I no longer write off cruiser style bikes in my head.

Blipping is no problem - it doesn't take long to adjust. The sound it makes is really special and the engine isn't lazy. It isn't butter smooth like the Factory RSVR for acceleration so your son may be biased towards sports bikes too.

The only downside was that at the traffic lights, I notice the Griso vibrates and I can't see a steady image of the car behind me.

SoulDaddy
05-05-2009, 01:48 AM
:pics:

Kid Thunder
05-06-2009, 12:05 AM
I really love the "shake" at idle!! It makes me feel like I'm on a mo'cykle!!
I have owned standard or sportbikes all my long like. Just couldn't get into the HD thang.
Guys at work say, "When are you going to grow up & buy a HD". I tell them, "Never".
When I go to a store or wherever & have my helmet with me people ask if I own a HD(hair & beard). I say no. Then they ask if I own a Gold Wing(belly). again no. When they see the Tuono they are blown away. One lady said but that's a kids bike! I say exactly!
Don-M

Romeocalling
05-11-2009, 03:59 AM
The 'shake' is something I don't understand. When the Griso shakes at the traffic lights, I wonder if people except me notice. The Harley Davidson Sporster shakes back to front, whereas the Griso shakes left to right. I don't know if Moto Guzzi deliberately designed the Griso this way, but a back to front shake would make me feel ill. A left to right shake is just okay.....no shake is better.

Have you tried the Stelva yet? It is one fantastic tourer!

SF2DieHard
05-12-2009, 08:32 AM
look at the engines in the Guzzi and the Harley, they shake with their crankshafts. The Harley has the cylinders front to back and thats the way it shakes.

The Guzzi is side to side and thats the way it shakes and that also helps with the Guzzi's cornering - it is rolling WITH the crank - not against the crank.

D-Master

SF2DieHard
05-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Oh, BTW, it's very good your son hates the Griso. :rolleyes:

D-Master

Ruff
05-12-2009, 09:31 AM
I threw a leg over one at the dealer, nice looker.

I can only afford 2 bikes at a time and still keep the girlfriend.

Romeocalling
05-13-2009, 11:58 AM
look at the engines in the Guzzi and the Harley, they shake with their crankshafts. The Harley has the cylinders front to back and thats the way it shakes.

The Guzzi is side to side and thats the way it shakes and that also helps with the Guzzi's cornering - it is rolling WITH the crank - not against the crank.

D-Master

Yes - I think this is why I find the Griso a better motorcycle overall.

Kid Thunder
05-13-2009, 11:33 PM
That's what I told my son! Guess what? He said the other that it's growing on him!!! I told that it is junk & he should never ride it. he doesn't believe me!!
Ross Guzzi: Thanks for the tip about the blip. If I just roll on the throttle on down shifts it is SWEET!! Just have to get used to it, never had to do it that way on all the other bikes I've owned.
Don-M

aprilianlove
05-14-2009, 01:48 AM
Not to beat a dead horse, but:

Also, I am completely on board with another poster-- I want a Griso for my "cruiser."

SF2DieHard
05-14-2009, 08:24 AM
My wife is getting on me to get a cruiser/tourer (in addition to my Falco). I keep telling her: Bassa!!!

D-Master

Kid Thunder
05-14-2009, 10:56 PM
I will post pictures as soon as I pick up my new camera.
Don

jrflanne
06-04-2009, 01:19 PM
I do believe my next standard-type bike will be the Griso. There is a post here with an Agostini exhaust and that thing looks the shit for sure! A lot cleaner than the stock thundercan. Now kid, go out, buy a camera now because, wait for it...

RossGuzzi
06-08-2009, 07:59 AM
I think its the Ago pipes that suffer from bracket cracks. Go the Termi !

SF2DieHard
06-08-2009, 10:28 AM
My 1999 Laverda 750 had Termi's - and EVERY policeman within a mile heard me. hee hee hee. I loved those pipes. They had the kind of sound that would make the girls drop their knickers in anticipation........

D-Master