PDA

View Full Version : sl 1000 falco temp display not working

piro
04-24-2009, 04:33 AM
Hi guys , looking to buy a second hand 2004 sl 1000 falco which i've already put down a deposit . My only concern is the right side LCD is not working , ie temp guage , lap timer . Is this a common problem as i'm new to the ape . Any help would be greatly appreciated as i should be picking the bike up in a couple of days .

Thanks

Piro

smithrep
04-25-2009, 10:30 AM
wish I could help...but I'm a newbie as well. Good luck though, I'm sure its an easy fix and these guys can definitely help you out!

Aladinsaneuk
04-25-2009, 11:24 AM
if it is from a stealer, then make them fix it

if not, then check the prices on evil bay for a replacement unit - be aware that some other aprilia dashes work :)

mini_me
04-25-2009, 02:04 PM
You can use a RSV250, RSV1000 or Falco dash. You will have a different mileage on your clocks after that so be sure to mark down the original mileage on the replacement clock somewhere.

Oh and, WAFO!

Katch
04-25-2009, 03:33 PM
You can use a RSV250, RSV1000 or Falco dash.

I think mini meant to say "Tuono" :burnout:

:happy:
:cheers:
Steve

njl
04-25-2009, 10:03 PM
IF the LCD Panel's gone that side of my original clocks still work, so could have one going for you.

ghostrider71
04-26-2009, 09:58 AM
I would be suspicious of this bike.
That is an ODD malody.

Is the Display out, or just the backlight??? Backlights are EASY (well, sorta) to replace.

My first impression would be that it was replaced with a unit that didn't work or was crashed....but I AM paranoid!!

give that bike a GOOD thorough lookin' over before you jump in feet first.

They CAN be replaced easy, but not necessarily CHEAP. :micah:

gr

RossGuzzi
04-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Gday and WAFO !

Lttlcheeze
04-27-2009, 07:13 AM
Could be something as simple as the PO didn't know what they were doing and pulled the dash apart, and the Ribbon connector off of the LCD screen rather than the circuit board. I accidentally did the same thing with my spare dash while I was working out all the mods before I cracked into my stock one. I don't remember what side I did it to so if it isn't the right side I can send it to you.

Also have you tried doing a Display Test (Hold A + B and while switching on the Ignition)?

piro
06-04-2009, 04:58 AM
Hi njl , the tech at ape reckons that the ribbon that connects the lcd to the circuit board has been shorted , do you still have the clocks available and if so how much do you want , thanks in advance . piro

njl
06-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi Piro

My clocks would only be good for parts - last time I had them together the tacho and right side panel were ok, left side lcd is busted, front and back case is damaged. On the PCB there's a small crack in the board that looks to have a track running through it, don't know if it'd cause a problem. If you think you can make up a good set from it I could see how much to send - pm me your location. I'm working away from home for all of June so opportunities to send out will be limited. I wouldn't be after much for the bit's, I have already robbed a couple of backlight bulbs from them!

piro
06-14-2009, 06:18 AM
Hi Njl

Not sure if the techs need the circuit board or just the ribbon , but its got to be worth a try. I'm actually based in Dubai but have freinds getting married in Cornwall on the 24th of this month and are in the UK now , cheaper to post to them and they can hand carry them back , please advise on how i can get funds to you and what you need . Thanks again for all your help . Piro

mini_me
06-14-2009, 08:52 AM
LMAO a Falco in Dubai? I would love some pics! Shall I put you on the falco riders map?

piro
06-14-2009, 10:12 AM
LMAO a Falco in Dubai? I would love some pics! Shall I put you on the falco riders map?
Hi Mini me

LMAO ? Would love to be put on the map , as far as i know there are only three falcos in the United Arab Emirates and i have the only one in Dubai , pics to follow .

mini_me
06-14-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi Mini me

LMAO ? Would love to be put on the map , as far as i know there are only three falcos in the United Arab Emirates and i have the only one in Dubai , pics to follow .

Great! Ive added you m8.

njl
06-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Hi Piro, Still working away from home, but must make a trip back soon to get post etc, hopefully will be able to grab the clocks if I can find them in the garage while i'm there, once i've got them i'll let you know and see where your guys are in the UK,

njl
06-18-2009, 08:00 PM
Hi Piro, I have what I've got with me now, if you PM me an address and dates suitable for delivery i'll try and get the clocks over to your ppl in the Uk, otherwise they are welcome to collect, (South Glos). If they sort your problem out then feel free to paypal me a few but don't worry until you know it'll get you sorted.

piro
06-20-2009, 06:19 AM
Hi Njl , address to post to is : c/o Will Collins
The Sail Loft
Treath
Helford
Cornwall
UK
TR12 6LB
They're flying back to Dubai in about a week !
Thanks again mate your a diamond .

njl
06-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Hi
That should get to them this morning, hopefully it'll get it sorted for you!

piro
06-29-2009, 03:45 AM
Hi njl
My mates rec'd the clocks and will be flying back with them on 1st , will let you know how i get on .
Much thanks again , your a top bloke !

Falcopops
06-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Doesn't this sort of effort to help each other make you feel all cuddly:lover:

piro
10-17-2009, 03:10 AM
Hi
That should get to them this morning, hopefully it'll get it sorted for you!
Hi njl , the LCD you sent me is now fitted and the clocks seem to be fine , at least now i have temp guage , happy days . Please let me know what you spent on postage and how i can get some cash to you as i don't have access to paypal , maybe i can do it the old fashioned way and send you a birthday card with 20 quid in it . Thanks again mate . Piro

joecrx
10-17-2009, 06:21 AM
another happy ending , :happy:

njl
10-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Good news Piro

Glad your fully functioning at last. Next time you come across a charity box for a good cause, chuck a few quid in it for me, that'll do for me.

piro
10-19-2009, 03:20 AM
Thanks again njl , will do that for you mate and if i'm ever in Swindon i'll be looking you up to buy you a beer or twelve .

Piro