PDA

View Full Version : Gas cap air valve

MickyC51
02-09-2009, 10:07 AM
I lost the venting hose and the little piece that clips onto the gas cap. I assume that was a one way air valve. It looks easy enough to put on a hose and a one way valve, MY question is.....Where do I get a one way valve? I don't want to get another aprilia piece bacause I assume it would always be falling off like the old one did.

BC61
02-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Any bike shop can order the valve for you. Clamp the hose with safety wire to the gas cap to prevent it from falling off.

RXV_Poor
02-09-2009, 05:08 PM
A dab of super glue works also.

crank1000
02-09-2009, 05:41 PM
It was a fairly simple design, and isn't secured in very well from the factory. Mine popped off, and I was lucky enough to see a ball bearing fall out, and onto the ground. Lets air in, but in the event of a tip, I guess it closes the hole it sits in. Anyways, get the plastic insert, and then run a shorty hose like the MXers run, and glue it all together. That way it will be less likely to snag on something and pop off.

john savio
02-09-2009, 07:55 PM
I have been using this brass vent hose combo spinner and check valve for years and it works great at keeping fuel from spilling out should you tip or go down. It is originally from Kevins's Cycle in Noroton Mass. and they probably still sell it. It has been moved from bike to bike over the years. Highly reccomended! :o

Oz215
02-09-2009, 10:39 PM
My eyes hurt.....:eek:

john savio
02-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Sorry about the humgoid photo...It is killing me too!:bond:

brucieboy
02-15-2009, 03:25 AM
be carefull....my bike when I got it second hand had a little red mushroom type cap on the short rubber tube......at some point it must have got pushed down sealing the vent not letting any air in and it popped the valve in the fuel pump breaking it....needed a new pump after that....!