PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Aprilia SR50

Michael_Hill
12-31-2008, 12:24 PM
My customized Red/Black Replica SR50 was jacked last night....Denver, CO. If anybody sees a scooter like this for sale....shoot me a message! Its pretty unique....Aprilia, Shift, Oakley decals on the undertray....shaved tail with rear mounted aftermarket signals. Heres an old pic....

http://www.pbase.com/michael_hill/image/81404562

extrashot
01-09-2009, 04:12 PM
so sorry to hear that man... any update?

Michael_Hill
01-23-2009, 05:05 PM
No sign of it! And replacing it won't be easy...it'll be a long trip to pick one up I am sure! Thank god I have a moto-tote.

Here's hoping the check from the insurance company is reasonable...considering it was in excellent shape with new Pirelli tires and brakes....with an Arrow exhaust.

Michael_Hill
02-17-2009, 03:12 PM
FOUND! Score one for the good guys!

I was out walking my dog this morning and saw a scoot covered under a big black piece of plastic..and recognized the color of the undertray. I walked over and pulled back the plastic to find my Oakley/Shift/Aprilia decals! Called the cops and the insurance company and the salvage company will come get it since my insurance company now technically owns it! Hopefully I can buy it back at auction!

Unfortunately the battery compartment cover...the VIN cover...a mirror...and the decorative plastic pieces on the front are missing. Looks like the guy was doing some stuff to it to repaint it before it could be noticed!

Now I just gotta make sure the same asshole doesn't try and steal my other one!

William the Third
02-18-2009, 01:31 AM
Now I just gotta make sure the same asshole doesn't try and steal my other one!
Did they arrest him?

Michael_Hill
02-18-2009, 01:59 AM
No legal action. But some girl came out to the car that was in the parking spot next to the scooter. She played stupid while the cop laid into her with questions. I am sure she left there and called him right away! Karma is a bitch...and I am quite sure that since they live only a couple blocks away...other things might get to them too.

The cop said there was nothing they could really do....because they could just claim that the scooter appeared in their space. The funniest fuckin part...is as I tried to drag it down the alley with the cop covering me....the dipshit theif's little cable lock broke from the tire sliding. Funny...you think a thief would know how to BETTER secure property.

RZRob
03-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Considering it wasn't in an assigned parking spot, this is one time I would've just done some surveillance then taken the law into my own hands - and kicked the frecking crap out of the guy - and taken my scooter back. Bad advice, but guarantee you'd have felt better.

RZ Rob

The_Reaper
03-15-2009, 01:21 PM
:plus:

RSVRFACTORY
03-16-2009, 11:23 PM
glad you got it, now get that jask a$$ back somehow.

sr70cat
04-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Hey michael Hill,
My 2003 sr has the same body, I got it from Scootopia.
However the engine is currently being rebellious.