PDA

View Full Version : Winter sun, escape from blighty

bigaprilia
10-06-2008, 06:31 AM
Hi folks,

Work sucks, need to escape on the bike to the sunny bits of Europe in mid November for a week or so. Any ideas, any takers?

Cheers,

Al :)

PaulZX9R
10-06-2008, 08:23 AM
Southern Spain.

Fly in, chill out, warm up.

Then hire a bike in Marbella and explore the roads inland. My personal favourite is to take the road from Marbella to Ronda (A369 I think), Having looked around Ronda carry on past on the A374. Just past Montecorto, turn left onto a minor road down to Zahara. The road takes you around the side of a lake with stunning views in all directions (A-2300). At the t-junction, turn left up in towards Zahara, then follow the road up the mountain. There are some viewing places well worth stopping at, and with a little luck, you should see eagles. When you come back down the mountain, you come to a tee junction. Left is Grazalema and home, right is... if you have the time, go explore...

Dr_Jakob
10-06-2008, 08:51 AM
I'd go for Sardinia. It only has one road on it, but it is said that it's better than the Dolomites. And it stretches all around the island.

bigaprilia
10-07-2008, 06:17 AM
I've found some interesting places to visit on http://www.bestbikingroads.com/ with free sat-nav road books for download.

Cheers,

Al :)