PDA

View Full Version : Shiver with screen & Leo's installed

Shiverdevil
08-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Finally: some new pics as promised of my Shiver with screen and Leo's Installed.Let me tell you what a huge difference the Leo's make on this bike.
Just the weight difference of removing that huge hog of a muffler (I swear I heard the bike say "thank you" when I pulled that pig out of there),and they make the bike even snappier then it already was.To say the least,I am definately impressed with the performance and how much lighter the bike feels.

octavio3311
08-06-2008, 10:05 AM
Bike looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheers:

captiva
08-06-2008, 10:09 AM
What's your take on how loud the cans are, Shiverdevil? Enough to attract the law?

I fitted a full carbon setup to my old Ducati and it actually made me slower, as I had to keep the revs down to avoid getting arrested.

mkraft
08-06-2008, 10:54 AM
What's your take on how loud the cans are, Shiverdevil? Enough to attract the law?

I fitted a full carbon setup to my old Ducati and it actually made me slower, as I had to keep the revs down to avoid getting arrested.

Speaking from the state of Michigan in the US of A - The cans would never come close to having the law give you trouble.

mk

MediaTrash
08-06-2008, 11:04 AM

you should be alright with the baffles in. I've been riding with them in London for 4 months without attracting the attention of plod.

@ Shiverdevil - great pics and :plus: on the difference the Leos make

ShiverSoon?
08-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Call me crazy, but does anyone out there think the stock pipes look great as they are? They may not have the same performance characteristics and sound, but I think they accentuate to the aggressive lines of the bike.

But what do I know, I'm still not a Shiver owner yet . . . :whiner:

Sike
08-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Call me crazy, but does anyone out there think the stock pipes look great as they are? They may not have the same performance characteristics and sound, but I think they accentuate to the aggressive lines of the bike.

If you want me to call you crazy, I'll have to bill you.

I do like the look of the stock pipes, but I like the look of the Leo's better. However, without the heat shield, it would be pretty hard to put my saddle bags on with the Leo's on. I would like the better sound. With regards to the power issue, there is never enough power (kind of), so a couple of horsepower isn't worth a $1000 (however, better looks, better sound, lighter bike, and a couple of horsepower is worth a $1000).

Later, Steve

Grandia
08-06-2008, 12:22 PM

Lipstick is riding with a pair of Akra's (:confused:) that follow the lines of the bike a lot more. Unfortunately he hasn't been sharing any info about them...

Tifftiff
08-06-2008, 12:22 PM

I think the stock cans on the Shiver are fantastic compared to other standard cans, but if given a choice I would go with the Leo's, I just can't afford them (the wife would notice the missing funds).

One of the reasons I bought a Shiver though was because of it's looks and the back end does look the dogs b*****k's!

exly
08-06-2008, 12:27 PM
I think the stock cans on the Shiver are fantastic compared to other standard cans,

:plus:

I'm a big fan of the stock pipes. They are one of the main reasons I bought the bike, just loved the look.

However, I am keen about these other aftermarket exhausts primarily to lower the bike's weight.

I reckon I can wait a year or so to see what other vendors (if any) come up with.

In the meantime, I have no qualms about riding around with my stock pipes :)

trance-mission
08-06-2008, 12:47 PM
I agree, sexiest stock cans I have heard. I don't know how people ride naked bikes, but the way I ride mine, just around town and to work, the stock one's sound decent with a deep low end, way way way better than the screaming, screeching japanese bikes. Just my opinion, but Leo's take away the personality a lil bit.

ILAMtitan
08-06-2008, 12:51 PM
My Leo's should be here today, but I rode the test bike at AF1 with the titaniums on. As far as police here in Texas, they never payed any attention to my Suzuki Intruder 1500, with Cobra Shotgun pipes, and that was a LOT louder. I think they have to put up with a lot of big trucks with loud pipes here too though.

I do prefer the look of the stock too, but the performance gains are too much to pass up. The Leo's ascetic appeal is close to stock, so there isn't much to loose.

burty
08-06-2008, 01:09 PM
In my opinion, as a rider, most of the noise you hear when riding the bike with the stock cans, is induction noise, not from the cans. That's why it sounds so good, and still passes sound tests even though it sounds like it shouldn't. It looks to me like Aprilia put a bit of effort in on that front.

With a free-er flowing air fiter it might even sound better for the rider.

octavio3311
08-06-2008, 02:56 PM
I also like the look of the stock cans. But I do want a bit more bark. I just can't justify buying the only exhaust available. I want my options - wheather it be the Leo's, Akro's or Arrows. Ultimately - I'd like to find an exhaust that follows the stock cans lines a bit more than the Leo's. Don't get me wrong - the Leo's look great - but I've seen Arrow build stock looking cans for the Ducati's, so I hope they'll do the same for us.

makrand
08-06-2008, 04:31 PM
I still get people telling me how nice the bike sounds as I rock up which is nice. So the standard exhaust must sound good to others too.
But here in Aus. the stock cans remind me (and probably others) of Dame Edna Everages glasses and I find them a bit too flash.

I love the way the Leo's look on the bike and don't understand why you guys think they don't fit as well as the Akras which are too long IMO.

Nice pics BTW and great to hear how much you love the difference. I'm gagging to buy some meself but have to wait for some money to turn up.

Brackstone
08-06-2008, 04:48 PM

I'm the same way,

I won't change my pipes because of the way they look. If anything I'd upgrade to the MIVV but if they don't offer any performance enhancement I won't.

burty
08-07-2008, 07:58 AM
I still get people telling me how nice the bike sounds as I rock up which is nice. So the standard exhaust must sound good to others too.
But here in Aus. the stock cans remind me (and probably others) of Dame Edna Everages glasses and I find them a bit too flash.

I love the way the Leo's look on the bike and don't understand why you guys think they don't fit as well as the Akras which are too long IMO.

Nice pics BTW and great to hear how much you love the difference. I'm gagging to buy some meself but have to wait for some money to turn up.

I'm with Makka on this. I don't really like the Dame Edna look of the stock cans, & I would like a little more noise. I would have bought the Leos, but it's a lot of money and I wanted to wait for other options, which I expected to be available sooner than they have been. Now as the Akrapovics are not yet available it means waiting until the end of the summer, which probably means that I might as well wait until the winter, or early next year. I also will consider more seriously other options like whatever Arrow might produce or that entail bespoke fitments, like the Quill cans, purely because I can, and it makes it a little different.

octavio3311
08-07-2008, 08:38 AM
I wanted to wait for other options, which I expected to be available sooner than they have been.

Ain't that the truth!!!!!! Unfortunately, I'll have to wait till next spring as well. The $$$ I had set aside for the exhaust - well - the wife found it and decided it should be used on other things! Bitch!!!:kidding: So hopefully by then, I'll have plenty of options. I'm sure we'll see options galore with the release of the Dorsoduro.

MediaTrash
08-07-2008, 11:37 AM
I agree, sexiest stock cans I have heard. I don't know how people ride naked bikes, but the way I ride mine, just around town and to work, the stock one's sound decent with a deep low end, way way way better than the screaming, screeching japanese bikes. Just my opinion, but Leo's take away the personality a lil bit.

eh?! have you heard the Leos in the flesh?

First time I heard them on mine I danced around giggling like a school girl

ILAMtitan
08-07-2008, 01:03 PM
eh?! have you heard the Leos in the flesh?

First time I heard them on mine I danced around giggling like a school girl

That's about the same reaction I had when I heard them on the test bike. Then again, my whole trip to AF1 I was kinda giddy.

octavio3311
08-07-2008, 01:05 PM
I danced around giggling like a school girl

YEAH!!!!!! Can you post a video?????:bump:

trance-mission
08-07-2008, 01:35 PM
YEAH!!!!!! Can you post a video?????:bump:

:plus: hilarious!

makrand
08-07-2008, 04:31 PM
no please don't.

However a schoolgirl dancing around like a schoolgirl would be good.
Got any teenage daughters?:)

Sjon
08-08-2008, 03:46 AM
lol shouldnt i get first dibs on teenage daughters since i am a teenager ?

octavio3311
08-08-2008, 08:49 AM
lol shouldnt i get first dibs on teenage daughters since i am a teenager ?

Absolutely NOT! The teenage gals are reserved for us older guys.

trance-mission
08-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Absolutely NOT! The teenage gals are reserved for us older guys.

when we were teenagers, we all wanted the mature ones, but as they say, what goes round comes around.

octavio3311
08-08-2008, 09:59 AM
when we were teenagers, we all wanted the mature ones, but as they say, what goes round comes around.

I work at a New York State University - 10,000 kids - to see sooooooooo many teenage girls everyday is NICE - especially in the warmer months - but so very painful!!!!!!!

kritikos44
08-08-2008, 03:51 PM
I work at a New York State University - 10,000 kids - to see sooooooooo many teenage girls everyday is NICE - especially in the warmer months - but so very painful!!!!!!!

I JUST HATE YOU :bump:

Lavaspit
08-08-2008, 07:26 PM
You took of the coolest part of the bike.

trance-mission
08-08-2008, 07:27 PM
You took of the coolest part of the bike.

:plus: true, atleast looks wise.

ILAMtitan
08-09-2008, 04:50 PM

Sorry, got you beat. I attend (and work at) Texas A&M University, 40,000 students, and it's always warm here :)

This thread really stayed on topic...

kritikos44
08-09-2008, 06:22 PM
Sorry, got you beat. I attend (and work at) Texas A&M University, 40,000 students, and it's always warm here :)

I HATE YOU TOO
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

trance-mission
08-09-2008, 11:05 PM

In a way I think I got you beat too. I attend University of Chicago business school. Even though there are only 200, but you cant beat hot, sexy, young professional women in a suit. With a big ego. From all over the world.

But then again, nothing beats an eager teen trying her best to please you. hehe, I don't mean to come along as a pervert.

Sike
08-09-2008, 11:18 PM
But then again, nothing beats an eager teen trying her best to please you. hehe, I don't mean to come along as a pervert.

Dear Perv.....:happy:,

Sorry to break it too you, but us older folks have it even better. At an age much older than you, like me, you find out women get really, really horny and actually have experience to match those desires. It really is an amazing thing, even if I'm getting old and tired..........:burnout: Well, older...

Later, Steve

PS--- It sure is nice though to look at the younger ones!!!

trance-mission
08-09-2008, 11:45 PM
At an age much older than you, like me, you find out women get really, really horny and actually have experience to match those desires.

Well, I do have some experience with an older one. Only lasted a very short while, a few weeks maybe. But yes Sir, it was an experience of a lifetime.

If you look at it, all guys like women half their own age + 8 to 10 years.

When you're 16, you like 16/2 = 8 + 8 = 16 to 18 = your classmates and your highschool seniors

When you're 26, you like 26/2 = 13 + 8 or 10 = women aged 21 to 23

When you're 36, you like 36/2 = 18 + 8 or 10 = 24 to 26

When you're 46, you like 46/2 = 23 + 8 or 10 = 30 or early 30's

When you're 56, you like 54/2 = 27 + 8 or 10 = mid to late 30s.

and so on...

Do I have too much free time?

-TM

mkraft
08-11-2008, 06:06 PM
Well, I do have some experience with an older one. Only lasted a very short while, a few weeks maybe. But yes Sir, it was an experience on a lifetime.

If you look at it, all guys like women half their own age + 8 to 10 years.

When you're 16, you like 16/2 = 8 + 8 = 16 to 18 = your classmates and your highschool seniors

When you're 26, you like 26/2 = 13 + 8 or 10 = women aged 21 to 23

When you're 36, you like 36/2 = 18 + 8 or 10 = 24 to 26

When you're 46, you like 46/2 = 23 + 8 or 10 = 30 or early 30's

When you're 56, you like 54/2 = 27 + 8 or 10 = mid to late 30s.

and so on...

Do I have too much free time?

-TM

That is pretty funny...

Now here is an idea...plan a Shiver ride that visits all top nominated college universities? And by top rated, I don't mean for educational services. :)

desmoface
08-16-2008, 02:02 PM
Where in Ohio are you? Do you work at a dealership? They just opened a new dealership near me http://www.ftymotorsports.com/default.asp

I was up there today looking at the shiver, it's mighty tempting.

Steve
05 st3
00 sv6fity

Finally: some new pics as promised of my Shiver with screen and Leo's Installed.Let me tell you what a huge difference the Leo's make on this bike.
Just the weight difference of removing that huge hog of a muffler (I swear I heard the bike say "thank you" when I pulled that pig out of there),and they make the bike even snappier then it already was.To say the least,I am definately impressed with the performance and how much lighter the bike feels.

Pawel750
08-16-2008, 03:37 PM
What kind of screen is that?

makrand
08-16-2008, 04:21 PM
Where in Ohio are you? Do you work at a dealership? They just opened a new dealership near me http://www.ftymotorsports.com/default.asp

I was up there today looking at the shiver, it's mighty tempting.

Steve
05 st3
00 sv6fity

How come your sig box knows so much about my computer?
It's a bit worrying.

desmoface
08-16-2008, 05:00 PM
I'm harmless, really.

Steve
05 st3
00 sv6fity

makrand
08-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Yeah but how does it do it?

No, belay that. I've checked the danasoft web site.

Good to know how easy it is to collect that data.

No more bestiality sites for me. :)