PDA

View Full Version : Please use the 'Search' function *before* you post questions ...

irie
07-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Most of the questions have already been asked and answers provided.

If you don't know where the 'Search' function is, here's a picture:

king karl
07-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Yes mum :worship:

WATTY
07-30-2008, 02:54 PM
sorry i did not now you were a moderator on here :plus:

irie
07-30-2008, 03:42 PM
sorry i did not now you were a moderator on here :plus:

Lots of questions have recently been posted which I know the answers to but simply can't be arsed to reply to simply because the posters haven't bothered to check beforehand if their questions have already been asked and answered.

Choelbrennau chan bynciau ca 'n ddiweddar been bostiedig a Adwaen 'r atebiadau at namyn 'n annichellgar all t bod arsed at ateb at 'n annichellgar achos 'r furlenni aberfa t blinedig at atalfa ymlaen llaw ai 'n hwy bynciau ca eisoes been archedig a atebedig.

:bump:

duc slayer
07-30-2008, 03:45 PM
well then I guess that makes you an ARSE for not trying to help, who gives two phucks whether they've searched or not. Either help them or piss off

WATTY
07-30-2008, 03:46 PM
:happy::tired:

lookaught
07-30-2008, 03:56 PM
I think every forum in the world except maybe an off topic forum eventually turns into a bunch of regulars repeatedly posting STFA while at the same time they typically have conversations about endless ramblings that are not even tangential to the topic of the board. I try searching before I post questions, but many times I just don't get the right phrases and cant find the info, even if it's been posted 10 times before.

People asking quesions over and over adds to the knowledge base because it adds new keywords for searching. If you get upset because you see a repeat its because you either dont care about the question or already know the answer. If you dont care, dont click. If you can help, post. That's the point of the forum, right?? :whiner:

Alice Racing
07-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Little eiffel, little eiffel.

irie
07-30-2008, 04:13 PM
... If you get upset ...

I don't get upset, I just pour a glass of white wine and do something more interesting. :)

spencer
07-30-2008, 04:17 PM
well then I guess that makes you an ARSE for not trying to help, who gives two phucks whether they've searched or not. Either help them or piss off

:eek:Someone urinate in your wheaties this morning???:eek:

irie
07-30-2008, 04:21 PM
:eek:Someone urinate in your wheaties this morning???:eek:

C'mon, don't be unkind to him. :(

duc slayer
07-30-2008, 04:22 PM
thats not something you really wanna ask me today ........ of all days

Someone urinate in your wheaties this morning???

WATTY
07-30-2008, 04:34 PM
:plus::plus::plus::plus::plus:

PallOlavsson
07-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Duc.. I noticed you sayed something somewhere about you having some..
personal problems? or something like that.. Just something you had to deal with..

Do you mind me asking what this was?

Cheers.
-Páll Ólavsson

RXV_Poor
07-30-2008, 06:40 PM
thats not something you really wanna ask me today ........ of all days

Hang in there Duc. It will get easier. If it will make you feel any better you can tell me off. It don't bother me none.

Rokoneer
07-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Duc.. I noticed you sayed something somewhere about you having some..
personal problems? or something like that.. Just something you had to deal with..

Do you mind me asking what this was?

Cheers.
-Páll Ólavsson

I'll answer in his absence. His best friend passed away recently and I believe that the funeral was today.

ajw_888
07-30-2008, 10:54 PM
I'll answer in his absence. His best friend passed away recently and I believe that the funeral was today.

Good on yah mate!

I have often come across threads with real gems of information, that are often off topic of the original question. These are hard to search for, when I know they are there, guessing the topic, subject etc generally gets the right result.

I agree that using search, especially the advanced search should be done first as you would be suprised what you can find.

But be gentle on the newbies. I still have the odd dumb question too.

RXV_Poor
07-31-2008, 09:41 AM
I'm not a noob although I ask questions like one. Don't sweat it.

JCSUPERMOTO
07-31-2008, 11:29 AM
I gotta say that this post is a rude old "Tw@t section

People ask questions wether or not they search for them!!

You really need to get a life and while we are at it,who the hell gave you the magic wand?

You really are coming across as a old funny duddy w@nker!