PDA

View Full Version : AF1 Racing Aprilia Trackday October 9th -- FREE!!!!

Ed / AF1 Racing
07-07-2008, 04:36 PM
APRILIA IS BACK ON TRACK!!!!

FREE TRACKDAY FOR ALL APRILIA OWNERS!!!!!!

October 9th, gates open at 8AM, we can make noise from 9AM-6PM

Instead of doing an Open House this year, we rented a track for a private trackday. We've been working on this deal a while. We've been to the track, lots of turns, lots of elevation changes, nice pavement, nice people running it too.

Thursday October 9th at Harris Hill Road in San Marcos, about 30 minutes from our shop. http://www.harrishillroad.com/ and http://elitetrackdays.com/

That weekend is also the AMA Supermoto Round in downtown Austin (20 minutes to the track), starts that Friday-Sunday. The Aprilia AMA team has been invited and plans to show up to ride their SXVs to get prepared for that weekend of racing. We will be in Austin that weekend helping out the Aprilia team. We are also inviting the Lloyd Brothers and Ty Howard out with the racing Moto-ST Tuonos. We will be there with all our bikes.

100% FREE to anyone with an Aprilia. We will only allow Aprilias on track. No other brand is allowed on track for any reason. It is 100% free to ride and/or spectate. We will provide beverages and lunch. Depending on how many people show up, we'll run either 1, 2, 3, or 4 groups. The track has a max of about 35 people at any given time. Your bike should be have basic trackday preparations......see http://elitetrackdays.com/ for bike prep rules.

See ya there, no need to email or register......JUST SHOW UP at 8AM with your aprilia at http://www.harrishillroad.com

duc slayer
07-07-2008, 05:11 PM
that is absolutely kick ass :cheers:

mikeyyc
07-07-2008, 05:14 PM
:plus::plus::plus::plus::plus:

JodyH
07-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Rock on!
:cheers:

jandrade
07-07-2008, 05:45 PM
seriously super cool!! lucky guys!!

DeBenGuzzi
07-07-2008, 06:01 PM
damnnnn I might have to ride all night to get there, I mean it doesn't look that far in google maps but in practice whoa. could you imagine 12 hours in the sadle of the RSV? :nutts:

Jupiter
07-07-2008, 06:06 PM
This is so damn brilliant. Gentlemen, you've outdone yourselves.

Everything about this event is good; it's a trackday; it's Aprilia only (don't even think about bringing something else); it's in October and weather should be great; and it's free. Free.

For me, there's just one thing that's not so good. San Antonio is roughly 1,800 miles from Seattle. If AF1 was in, for instance, San Francisco or Salt Lake City, I'd give it a shot. But San Antone is just too far.

But I'll be there in spirit, and wishing I could be there in person. Have a blast!!

Jony2Stones
07-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Dang.....this "open-house" is gonna be RAD!!!

Man I just wish that I could go....(well maybe I can -- I'll def. be on the "market" by then -- might be the perfect time for a roadtrip)

Go luck dudes!!!
:cheers::cheers::cheers:

budoist
07-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Hmm... I have half a year to get my gear together. Do you need a full leather suit for just a track day?

Rokoneer
07-07-2008, 07:07 PM
that is absolutely kick ass :cheers:

You drivin' me down Joe?:happy:

October 9th is my friggin birthday, what a great present it'd be!

benjimon
07-07-2008, 07:08 PM
looks neat. 430miles from baton rouge, but worth the trip I suppose.

Ed / AF1 Racing
07-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Hmm... I have half a year to get my gear together. Do you need a full leather suit for just a track day?

it can be a 2-piece zip together

Bradog
07-07-2008, 07:21 PM
awesome guys. count me in

bobdavis73
07-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Ouch! What a great Idea!!!! I wonder if I can find a way to do it. That would be sooooooooooo cool..... Maybe my son and I can trailer them down.... I have time to work on it at least. Thanks for the great notice. This will be well worth the effort to get there. Dang! I need some new leathers after my last trip down there. :o

Bob

Ed / AF1 Racing
07-07-2008, 08:05 PM
awesome guys. count me in

just show up

its going to be fun......our trackday on Thursday, party in Austin fri and saturday while watching the AMA Supermoto guys race on the streets of downtown Austin. Check out the Supermoto track planned for Austin http://www.armadillosupermoto.com/events/2008pro/track.html

Axecent
07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
OK, I'll be there with the RS '316' Biaggi.....even if Micah says it is a hand grenade waiting to explode. Maybe I should bring it over a few weeks early and have you look it over real close.....

OH, I could bring the 450.....that might be cool. Do we need to formally RSVP?

AXE

Sal Khan
07-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Couldn't make it San Marcos, CA, could you?

Bastards. ;) :D

Ed / AF1 Racing
07-07-2008, 08:21 PM
OK, I'll be there with the RS '316' Biaggi.....even if Micah says it is a hand grenade waiting to explode. Maybe I should bring it over a few weeks early and have you look it over real close.....

OH, I could bring the 450.....that might be cool. Do we need to formally RSVP?

AXE

no RSVP....just show up...we'll figure out the groups by how many people show up....it's our track all day

bring both bikes....its a great track for both....I had a blast on our SXV out there, and our RS50 railed out there too. Think of it like the Cresson small track.

dani
07-07-2008, 08:57 PM
damnnnn I might have to ride all night to get there, I mean it doesn't look that far in google maps but in practice whoa. could you imagine 12 hours in the sadle of the RSV? :nutts:

If you want to carpool, I've got a trailer. :D

This sounds fooking awesome.

shannon
07-07-2008, 09:11 PM
That is truly generous. It's a shame you all don't own every Aprilia dealership.

duc slayer
07-07-2008, 09:20 PM
You drivin' me down Joe?

October 9th is my friggin birthday, what a great present it'd be!

that would be killer, I could def get a truck and trailer or I could even arrange $300- shipping, but then there are two MAJOR issue's for me
1. won't know if work is gonna be slow enough to go, until about the week before
2.I sold the factory and the SXV needs a reseal/rebuild and I is broke ....... could we fool them if I stickered up my super trick rmz 450 with ape/af1 decals :D

rs250slowpoke
07-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Couldn't make it San Marcos, CA, could you?

Bastards. ;) :D

:plus:

Wish I could make it, but that is just too far for me. Have fun guys.

AF1 you guys are truly first class.

billerzal
07-07-2008, 11:41 PM
AF1 back to Austin! I will come down to San Marcos for sure on 10/9. I know it's Aprilia-only but you boys love SV's so much... I will find some RACING/Aprilia stickers for the tank or split sessions with Tedmundo on the RSVR. I'll start hinting to the wife that the weekend of 10/9-12 is blown. I'll try to prepare my liver for the party weekend party here in Austin. What a fun thing to look forward to, it will be great to see everyone here....

Beau1K
07-08-2008, 12:13 AM
You know...there are A LOT of Aprilia owners in SoCal and a really big hole in the Aprilia service scene.

I think it's time for you guys to expand your operation and open up another store in SoCal...I'm sure you would kill it with scooter sales alone!

Sal Khan
07-08-2008, 12:18 AM
You know...there are A LOT of Aprilia owners in SoCal and a really big hole in the Aprilia service scene.

I think it's time for you guys to expand your operation and open up another store in SoCal...I'm sure you would kill it with scooter sales alone!

UGh... Don't remind me. I just had my first and last dealing with GP Cycles in San Diego. I won't be that guy that goes into the details but they certainly got a big "**** off" from me. But from the looks of it, they don't care much about Aprilia there anyway but I've seen that happen at a handful of other places as well (although I'm sure Piaggio had something to do with it... maybe).

I'd much rather let my local independent shop help me with the big stuff than them.

Good call on Scooter sales. There are some small shops down here already selling out of them from what I've read!

kimzx1000r
07-08-2008, 07:11 AM
SWEET GUYS
:worship:

Aprilia13
07-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Dear AF1,
:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:
Sincerely,
Someone who's dreamed of this sort of thing for years.

ChrisRam
07-08-2008, 08:12 AM
That is a very good deal. Does anyone coming through Indiana want to throw my RSVR and me in the back of their trailer? lol

buck000
07-08-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm there, if only to make sure that everyone will have someone they can pass. ;)

AF1. Continually. ROCKS. :worship::cheers:

Micah / AF1 Racing
07-08-2008, 09:53 AM
This event has been months in the making and has only come to fruition through the hard work of all the boys up front, Jon especially. They deserve huge props for getting it together. We missed our opportunity to pull off an open house in May and wanted to do something very different this year as a treat to the faithful anyway. This will be very different and very fun too. Austin is a great party town and the new track between here and Austin is shaping up really well.

It looks like the same energy drink company responsible for Flugtag in Austin will be the title sponsor of the AMA supermoto race so you can bet with their marketing savvy that turnout will be great. Open road racing is not actually new to Austin at all. Back in the olden days there was an event called AquaFest every year that featured among other things all out roadracing action on the streets. Some very famous racers like Kevin Schwantz participated in the early events before the city decided to eliminate the track action from the schedule of events. Hell, they even used to have drag boat racing at the same time and Town Lake does not even normally allow any powered boat in its waters.

Beg or Borrow an Aprilia and get to the track and join us! Get your livers ready for some Central Texas partying and come well rested, the Austin crowd stays up way past my bedtime! I think I need to start hydrating and cross training my body now just for the party.

Anyway the real reason I posted is to thank all of you who buy stuff from us, without you guys we could never afford to give back to the Aprilia community at this level. Thanks to you all again this year for the support and purchases. Our customer/friend base has made our little website grow into a monster of a business and we are forever in your debt. Come on down and relax on us for a day, you earned it after all!

Now I have some reason to actually build the total loss Shiver 750 we bought into a track bike/toy.

Ted / AF1 Racing
07-08-2008, 10:03 AM
I know it's Aprilia-only but you boys love SV's so much... I will find some RACING/Aprilia stickers for the tank or split sessions with Tedmundo on the RSVR.

*cough (http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=6119)

Leave the SV at home, you're welcome to ride anything in our arsenal. But if you highside the RSVR and I don't have it for the Texas World Speedway round I might be a little miffed (how's the shoulder? http://www.newschoolofphotography.com/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif )

Anyway the real reason I posted is to thank all of you who buy stuff from us, without you guys we could never afford to give back to the Aprilia community at this level. Thanks to you all again this year for the support and purchases. Our customer/friend base has made our little website grow into a monster of a business and we are forever in your debt. Come on down and relax on us for a day, you earned it after all!

Amen! That weekend is going to be an absolute blast, the more of you guys that make it the better.

Now I have some reason to actually build the total loss Shiver 750 we bought into a track bike/toy.

do eeeeeet!

bbneuser
07-08-2008, 10:11 AM
QUOTE:I'm there, if only to make sure that everyone will have someone they can pass.

i'll be fighting ya tooth and nail for last. someone's gotta flesh out the slow group, right? i'm clearing my calendar now for this-missed last year, not passing on this one. for those who haven't been to either af1 or austin, they're both at the top of their games. this is gonna be a blowout!
bb

billerzal
07-08-2008, 10:11 AM
if you highside the RSVR and I don't have it for the Texas World Speedway round I might be a little miffed (how's the shoulder?)

Ugh, don't say the word highside to me! Shoulder is fine.

Ted / AF1 Racing
07-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Ugh, don't say the word highside to me! Shoulder is fine.

Congrats on the endurance win, by the way! I'm looking forward to getting out on the track with you for once, I promise not to pass you too closely.

Seriously everyone, this is going to be great fun, hope to see you all there!

Jet City Racer
07-08-2008, 11:02 AM
If I start starving now, I just might fit back into my leathers by October.

dani
07-08-2008, 11:06 AM

I'm not even considering going if you don't plan on being there. PUT THAT ******* SANDWICH DOWN!!

mskinner
07-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Man, count me in. I am doing a track day in August @ Texas World Speedway, and now I get to go check out H2R. :worship::worship::cheers:
AF-1 is truely a wonderful group of people. My heart is racing already.

bobdavis73
07-08-2008, 12:56 PM
Anyone know a good deal on some good quality leathers. I won't buy Technic leathers but any other brand of quality would be considered.

This is going to be such a cool event.

Bob

wingnut537
07-08-2008, 01:16 PM
:plus: Kick ass !!!!! and just when i was looking for an excuse to buy new gear.

You guys are the best !!! :worship:

dani
07-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Anyone know a good deal on some good quality leathers. I won't buy Technic leathers but any other brand of quality would be considered.

AXO makes some of the best looking stuff I've seen. www.axo.it (click on English in the upper right corner)

Tasunke_sapa
07-08-2008, 02:13 PM
:bangwall:

Sure you wouldn't rather have the trackday in the midwest?

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/Categories.bok?category=LEATHER+SUITS%3A1+piece%3A Gericke+Celtic

I am a fan of these. Crash tested them last fall and they do hold up well.

buck000
07-08-2008, 04:02 PM
i'll be fighting ya tooth and nail for last. someone's gotta flesh out the slow group, right?

Hehe, we can have our own little poseur duel, paying no attention to folks blowing by us on the left and on the right, in the straights and in the corners... :cheers:

Oh, and kudos to that Jon guy for all his hard work on this... ;)

rs250slowpoke
07-08-2008, 05:32 PM
UGh... Don't remind me. I just had my first and last dealing with GP Cycles in San Diego. I won't be that guy that goes into the details but they certainly got a big "**** off" from me. But from the looks of it, they don't care much about Aprilia there anyway but I've seen that happen at a handful of other places as well (although I'm sure Piaggio had something to do with it... maybe).

I'd much rather let my local independent shop help me with the big stuff than them.

Good call on Scooter sales. There are some small shops down here already selling out of them from what I've read!

Sal, I live in SD and have gone to GP for a couple of years now. Those guys are very good and have always taken care of my bikes. That being said, they got out of the Aprilia business (sales and service) last year. So you might feel a bit raw by your experience there, but take it from me they are top notch in SD for Ducati and MV sales and service.

Sal Khan
07-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Sal, I live in SD and have gone to GP for a couple of years now. Those guys are very good and have always taken care of my bikes. That being said, they got out of the Aprilia business (sales and service) last year. So you might feel a bit raw by your experience there, but take it from me they are top notch in SD for Ducati and MV sales and service.

My problem wasn't bike specific unfortunately. It was some very basic service.

Dissident
07-08-2008, 06:06 PM

+1 on my husqvarna experience with them

Man, I would love to go to this, but darn that's far from SD....

DeBenGuzzi
07-09-2008, 07:32 AM

he's not joking, I'm a big guy and he sold me his leathers cause they were too schmall for him :happy:
love the jacket by the way would wear it with some pants to this track day if I had a way to get there :tired:

anthonyk
07-09-2008, 09:07 AM
Aw, hell yeah! I was trying to figure out how to get over to that track while on a budget (i.e. for free). This'll be great!

dani
07-09-2008, 09:29 AM
love the jacket by the way would wear it with some pants to this track day if I had a way to get there :tired:

Read on. (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1891158&postcount=19)

DeBenGuzzi
07-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Read on. (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1891158&postcount=19)

well YEAH but I thought that was just talk, ppl do a LOT of that around here. I could put in for the week off and make it a reality, I would need to be placed in the "SLOW" group, never done a track day and I really really don't want to bin my ride.

doubleup16
07-09-2008, 07:27 PM
1,794 mi about 1 day 1 hour

ugh! so long:bangwall: I wish I could make it out for this. How cool of you guys to put on something like this.

Here's to AF1:cheers:

Ted / AF1 Racing
07-09-2008, 08:08 PM
1,794 mi about 1 day 1 hour

ugh! so long:bangwall: I wish I could make it out for this. How cool of you guys to put on something like this.

You California guys that are all saying it's too far should all get together and rent an RV + trailer and make a week long vacation out of it. That's what I would do.

Just sayin.

ilVoce
07-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Bitchin'!

dani
07-09-2008, 10:51 PM
well YEAH but I thought that was just talk, ppl do a LOT of that around here. I could put in for the week off and make it a reality, I would need to be placed in the "SLOW" group, never done a track day and I really really don't want to bin my ride.

Dave (aminionshere) hasn't ever done a track day either... Just saying.

I want to go for sure. I definitely want to meet everyone and check out AF1's shop. And maybe have a little party hardy time Thursday night, too! :cheers:

Dissident
07-10-2008, 10:26 AM
How many bike can we fit in one of those PODS? lol.. Ship them out and fly there....

MilleKneeDown
07-10-2008, 05:40 PM
i did nine on the Mille to AL..... we could meet up in IL and ride our soon to be 'baboon-asses' down there together:bitchslap!!

Dependant
07-10-2008, 10:18 PM
From deep in South Texas, me and my Capo will be there! Austin 2
:plus::plus::plus::plus::plus:

Aprilia13
07-11-2008, 03:32 PM
That weekend is also the AMA Supermoto Round in downtown Austin (20 minutes to the track), starts that Friday-Sunday. The Aprilia AMA team has been invited and plans to show up to ride their SXVs to get prepared for that weekend of racing. We will be in Austin that weekend helping out the Aprilia team. We are also inviting the Lloyd Brothers and Ty Howard out with the racing Moto-ST Tuonos. We will be there with all our bikes.

So . . . am I to understand that we'll be sharing sessions with actual, bonafide, flying-by-at-unreal-speeds professionals? Or are they riding on a different day? I mean, even if none of them are in my session, it'd still be a blast to watch!

spaz_666
07-11-2008, 03:59 PM
QUOTE:I'm there, if only to make sure that everyone will have someone they can pass.

i'll be fighting ya tooth and nail for last. someone's gotta flesh out the slow group, right?
bb

I'll slaughter both of ya' for that slowest track newb trophy!

Seriously, I won't even leave the pits - I'll be too paranoid about getting in everyone else's way & causing an incident.

Need any corner workers? Or I could sit up in the tower running stopwatches with all your girlfriends? :D

Ed / AF1 Racing
07-11-2008, 04:06 PM
So . . . am I to understand that we'll be sharing sessions with actual, bonafide, flying-by-at-unreal-speeds professionals? Or are they riding on a different day? I mean, even if none of them are in my session, it'd still be a blast to watch!

groups will be by experience and how many people show up.....yes, there will be real pros on track same day, they'll be offering instructing and helpful tips along the way...

dont worry, they wont run over the new guys in teh slow groups......they are pros, and its just a trackday, not a race.

buck000
07-11-2008, 04:52 PM
dont worry, they wont run over the new guys in teh slow groups......they are pros, and its just a trackday, not a race.

shyah, until 2 or 3 of 'em go out together... ;) :burnout:

All I'm saying is, just hold your line, and don't get freaked if they pass you on the inside in the corner, they won't hit you...

Dissident
07-11-2008, 07:58 PM
I've been on the track with pros more than a few times. With a few (VERY) few exceptions, mostly by wanna be pros and not actual sponsored riders, you have much to less to worry about from then than anyone else on the track

hank
07-11-2008, 08:19 PM
I've been on the track with pros more than a few times. With a few (VERY) few exceptions, mostly by wanna be pros and not actual sponsored riders, you have much to less to worry about from then than anyone else on the track

:plus: They blow by so fast you don't even have time to entertain the thought of possibly following their lines...

Aprilia13
07-12-2008, 08:59 AM
.....yes, there will be real pros on track same day, they'll be offering instructing and helpful tips along the way...

Pros? Huh! Good gawd y'all, this just keeps getting better and better.

.....hmmm... except for the fact that I'm starting to figure out that it's going to be nearly impossible to make this trip for under a grand .... ouch.
Unless I ride down :rolleyes: and ship a small crate down there with track gear and my extra set of wheels/tires . . . anybody want to accept a hundred pound crate and bring it to the track?

JodyH
07-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Vacation scheduled.
Tires ordered.
Ohlins and Acculigns installed (Thanks AF1, that "blemished" Ohlins looked like new).
Test and tune has commenced.
My "pit crew" is in place (poor bastard owns a Duc).

I'll be making the 500 mile drive down that Wednesday afternoon.

Ed / AF1 Racing
07-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Pros? Huh! Good gawd y'all, this just keeps getting better and better.

.....hmmm... except for the fact that I'm starting to figure out that it's going to be nearly impossible to make this trip for under a grand .... ouch.
Unless I ride down :rolleyes: and ship a small crate down there with track gear and my extra set of wheels/tires . . . anybody want to accept a hundred pound crate and bring it to the track?

send the crate to our shop...

azoomm
07-13-2008, 12:57 PM
This is going to be fun, isn't it? :cool:

I love you guys....

wingnut537
07-13-2008, 01:36 PM
So wheres everybody staying. maybe if we all settle on one hotel we can get a group rate going.

Norrin Radd
07-14-2008, 03:31 PM
:bangwall:

Was all excited getting a plan together to get to TX and just realized that I am going to be in Korea that whole week :mad:

How is it possible that this falls on the one week that I have had scheduled for 7 months and cannot reschedule? :whiner:

gyges_1
07-14-2008, 04:40 PM
Tell you what guys...If Alvaro Bautista is one of the pros there...and is willing to show me how to rail my 250 right proper, I'll rent an RV and provide a ride to TX for ANY Cali guy that needs one!

:burnout:

fnfalman
07-14-2008, 05:55 PM
I would love to ride my Tuono out and hit the track, but dammit, I can't get away from work:bangwall:

Ted / AF1 Racing
07-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Vacation scheduled.
Tires ordered.
Ohlins and Acculigns installed (Thanks AF1, that "blemished" Ohlins looked like new).
Test and tune has commenced.
My "pit crew" is in place (poor bastard owns a Duc).

I'll be making the 500 mile drive down that Wednesday afternoon.

^Everyone pay attention, that's how it's done.

Added the official announcement to the home page: http://www.apriliaforum.com/?p=20

Here's a 3d rendering of the track if you haven't seen it:
http://apriliaforum.com/uploads/render2.jpg

mattlikesbikes
07-15-2008, 12:52 PM
I think I am gonna come check this out. But I'll keep the scooter off the track.

wingman03
07-15-2008, 01:46 PM
Any room for an old slow guy on a Capo? Unless I happen to get the Fut down there.

Ted / AF1 Racing
07-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Any room for an old slow guy on a Capo? Unless I happen to get the Fut down there.

I don't see why not, as long as it meets the requirements found here (http://elitetrackdays.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11&Itemid=25). Your main concern will likely be your tires.

I've taken our Capos out in the twisties several times and despite their heft they actually rail quite nice! Heck, I may even hop on one of our Capos and go for a spin with you.

CBar
07-15-2008, 02:07 PM
I don't see why not, as long as it meets the requirements found here (http://elitetrackdays.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=11&Itemid=25). Your main concern will likely be your tires.

"Both front and rear brakes must be operational"

Rear brake? :confused:

:kidding: Mine works, always has. This is going to be AWESOME!!!

jandrade
07-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Tell you what guys...If Alvaro Bautista is one of the pros there...and is willing to show me how to rail my 250 right proper, I'll rent an RV and provide a ride to TX for ANY Cali guy that needs one!

:plus::plus::plus: Ditto! im going pending funds are available and the us economy doesnt plummet like its the 1920's! :D

DeBenGuzzi
07-15-2008, 02:43 PM
:plus::plus::plus: Ditto! im going pending funds are available and the us economy doesnt plummet like its the 1920's! :D

thats 1930's, the 20's were known as the roarin 20's of high livin,

but I did see this on the list of rules
"Must not leak fluid of ANY kind" good those R/SVX's would just get in the way

Dissident
07-15-2008, 03:13 PM

If you are serious, I call shotgun!

knfusion24
07-15-2008, 05:42 PM

I've taken our Capos out in the twisties several times and despite their heft they actually rail quite nice! Heck, I may even hop on one of our Capos and go for a spin with you.

They don't allow FUR, no way am I takin my beloved fur off my Falco to ride a track day, FREE OR NOT!! :bump:

Talking to the Girlfriend as we speak trying to figure out a way to get her and I out there. Looks like Aroyo Seca has a track day the weekend before if people coming through AZ the weekend before want to meet up there and test bikes prior.

Ty

jandrade
07-15-2008, 06:03 PM
thats 1930's, the 20's were known as the roarin 20's of high livin,

oops i mean 1930s...wrong button ;)

10pointjames
07-18-2008, 05:49 PM
I will definitely be coming for this track day and supermoto racing. It should be free with all the money I spend w/ AF1 online.:bond::cheers::cheers:

JodyH
07-19-2008, 09:52 AM
Here's a 3d rendering of the track if you haven't seen it:
http://apriliaforum.com/uploads/render2.jpg
Clockwise or Counter?

Ed / AF1 Racing
07-19-2008, 10:53 AM
Clockwise or Counter?

counter clockwise....

going up that long hill right hander is awesome, as you crest the hill (almost all blind), it quickly does the left hand u-turn back down the hill......very fun

duc slayer
07-19-2008, 10:55 AM

insert giant "flaming" middle finger ............... here ........

JodyH
07-19-2008, 11:48 AM
counter clockwise....

going up that long hill right hander is awesome, as you crest the hill (almost all blind), it quickly does the left hand u-turn back down the hill......very fun
Cool.
Time to GoogleEarth and study the lines.

Ted / AF1 Racing
07-21-2008, 10:03 AM
Cool.
Time to GoogleEarth and study the lines.

Search 'Harris Hill Road' on youtube and you can watch some vids of other guys learning the lines too.

tuono07
07-21-2008, 10:19 AM
You guy's rock!! not wait you suck!!!!!!!! no rock, suck, rock, suck!!!

Great idea, bad weekend anniversary and all

Have fun

QTR LTR
07-24-2008, 08:47 PM
I will have to RSVP for this, as it's on my b-day! That will be good times, a road trip (from CA) and a free track day. Count me in :peace:

Scott

abouc
07-25-2008, 02:10 PM
My Sport City 250 meets all the safety requirements. Is there a super-slow class? ;)

Axecent
07-26-2008, 06:19 AM
Ed,

Would you guys be amenable to freshen up my 316 motor beforehand, ticking time bomb that I hear it is? If so, I think I can make it.

AXE

cajunpriller
07-27-2008, 09:29 PM
looks neat. 430miles from baton rouge, but worth the trip I suppose.

We might be able to go halfs.

wingnut537
07-27-2008, 09:46 PM
We might be able to go halfs.
pick me up on your way through:bond: Then we can go thirds

fire_2869
07-30-2008, 05:47 AM
Question....

And it may have already been asked, but if I bring my mille, can I also bring my 636 that is my true trackbike?
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/fire_2869/At%20the%20Track/DSC02148.jpg

Ed / AF1 Racing
08-05-2008, 11:17 AM
only aprilias will be allowed on track at all times....

Question....

And it may have already been asked, but if I bring my mille, can I also bring my 636 that is my true trackbike?
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/fire_2869/At%20the%20Track/DSC02148.jpg

Suns_PSD
08-07-2008, 09:25 AM
I'm thinking I could get some Ape stickers to fit my KTM 'tard pretty easily. :kidding:

Great idea guys. I'll probably come down and watch for the day since I can't ride on my Katoom. :(

Dragon Slayer
08-07-2008, 03:15 PM
:plus: to AF1 for putting this on... I wish more groups were able to do something like this for its members.

Hey Paul... Since they won't let me take the zx10 on the track, if i talk david into going i may have to borrow your factory for this...you should have your other RSV by then anyways :)

Ted / AF1 Racing
08-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Question....

I'm thinking I could get some Ape stickers to fit my KTM 'tard pretty easily. :kidding:

Great idea guys. I'll probably come down and watch for the day since I can't ride on my Katoom. :(

As much as we'd like to open it up to Aprilia lovers riding any bike, it would get way out of hand too quickly. We'd have hundreds of people showing up with Jap bikes professing their love for Aprilia just to get some free tracktime. This event is a big "Thank You" to those that actually own an Aprilia, and we want to make sure our guys get as much tracktime as they can handle.

And for those of you sticking around for the AMA Supermoto round in Austin that weekend, they've changed venues and expanded the schedule. It's now a full weekend event and they're doing amateur races on Saturday, which means you guys can come laugh at Jon, Kirk and me trying not to kill ourselves while jumping SXVs with slicks on. Should be fun!

Here's a link to the new supermoto track design:

http://www.armadillosupermoto.com/events/2008pro/track.html

dougan
08-08-2008, 10:30 AM
which means you guys can come laugh at Jon, Kirk and me trying not to kill ourselves while jumping SXVs with slicks on. Should be fun!

If you can hold yourselves together in the dirt.... that should be a good track for the SXV. Have Fun...!!

Axecent
08-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Ed,

Would you guys be amenable to freshen up my 316 motor beforehand, ticking time bomb that I hear it is? If so, I think I can make it.

AXE

One more try.....

Can you work me in on the schedule prior to track day?

John

billerzal
08-08-2008, 11:23 AM
HA, run that 316 bike, it may not blow (but then again it might). Pull in the clutch at the very onset of the horrible grinding sounds and you will likely save the bottom end. Or, keep it pinned until she locks up for a dramatic finish and be assured the entire motor is cratered.:)

Micah / AF1 Racing
08-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Axcent, run it as it is. It uses Yamaha snowmobile pistons so getting those, or at least the right ones may not be so easy. Does it run now? Bring it on, if it pops you can roll one of our bikes.

Suns_PSD
08-08-2008, 04:13 PM
As much as we'd like to open it up to Aprilia lovers riding any bike, it would get way out of hand too quickly. We'd have hundreds of people showing up with Jap bikes professing their love for Aprilia just to get some free tracktime. This event is a big "Thank You" to those that actually own an Aprilia, and we want to make sure our guys get as much tracktime as they can handle.

I completely understand although weird little 'tards like my 690 SMC from Euro manufacturers kind of all fall into the same category!

Will the track day be mostly tards or several sportbikes as well? How tight is this new track? In the photos it looks like the Autobahn where as the 'tards are suited for the really tight tracks IMO.

Either way, I look forward to having Micah get my SMC all dialed in for me as soon as the PC is available and joining some other 'tard guys for some track days soon!

Axecent
08-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Axcent, run it as it is. It uses Yamaha snowmobile pistons so getting those, or at least the right ones may not be so easy. Does it run now? Bring it on, if it pops you can roll one of our bikes.

Oh, it runs great. My paranoia increased after the last time we talked about the 'efficacy' of those kits and the few still running.

It only has a few hundred miles on it since last top end. I'll bring the 450 for backup.

See you there.....

Ted / AF1 Racing
08-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Will the track day be mostly tards or several sportbikes as well? How tight is this new track? In the photos it looks like the Autobahn where as the 'tards are suited for the really tight tracks IMO.

Either way, I look forward to having Micah get my SMC all dialed in for me as soon as the PC is available and joining some other 'tard guys for some track days soon!

I'd imagine we'll have a pretty good cross section of everything Aprilia has to offer. RSVRs, Tuonos, Futuras, SXV 450/550s, maybe a Caponord, and sounds like a 250 or two is gonna make it.

It's not a huge track, but much much bigger than a supermoto track. The slowest turn is ~40mph and for the most part the rest of the turns are a mix of high speed sweepers, kinks and horseshoes. Very smooth and flowing lines, plenty wide and excellent pavement everywhere.

The RSVR has enough room to start stretching its legs but the SXVs really scream around that track. The SXVs do quite well because of their power/weight ratio but nowhere did we feel it necessary to back it in or put a foot out. Which probably has to do with my complete lack of supermoto skills, so hopefully the Factory Aprilia AMA Supermoto team will show us a trick or two.

cajunpriller
08-17-2008, 09:06 PM
Will camping be allowed at the track? I would like to come in with the hauler the afternoon before and leave the morning after. Is this ok?

jandrade
08-17-2008, 10:02 PM
I am hoping i can make it :)...

Dr. Thrillride
08-18-2008, 11:25 PM
Ping LeoXX...

care to trailer the bikes...? I know last time was a pain, especially since I flew down and left all the hard work to you! sorry dude! Maybe I should trailer them down this time...:bangwall:

in fact, are there any other guys from Vancouver or BC that want to go down? We've got room for 4 bikes, or maybe six if Leo wants to take 2 in the back of his truck. That is, if he wants to go...again...

Then again...are novices allowed out at the supermoto track? Leo and I cannot pass for amateurs on our SXV4.5's (unless we're growing huge balls in the next month or so). If they are, that'd be us and we'd bring the RSVs and the SXVs.

doh, where do you post images now? sorry, haven't been around much. Old pic posting site no longer exists...

On the 'aprilia only' thing...good for you guys to keep it that way. Leo and I went down to Oregon for an 'italian twin' only trackday and were disappointed to see 90% jap crap same old same old.

here's a group lollygagging around at the hills. Only m/c video I could find

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Harris+Hill+Road&btnG=Search+Google+Video&hl=en#

Ted / AF1 Racing
08-19-2008, 03:05 PM
Will camping be allowed at the track? I would like to come in with the hauler the afternoon before and leave the morning after. Is this ok?

Let us get back to you on that, we're working on it. 90% sure it will be a 'yes' though...

I am hoping i can make it :)...

You better.

Then again...are novices allowed out at the supermoto track? Leo and I cannot pass for amateurs on our SXV4.5's (unless we're growing huge balls in the next month or so). If they are, that'd be us and we'd bring the RSVs and the SXVs.

The last we heard was that there will be amateur races on Saturday and the pros race on Sunday. Last year Jon entered the unlimited amateur class and took 3rd, we both plan to enter this year. You should definitely bring both the RSVs and SXVs, I think you'd have a blast at the trackday and the amateur race in Austin.

doh, where do you post images now? sorry, haven't been around much. Old pic posting site no longer exists...

Try imageshack or photobucket.

bobdavis73
08-19-2008, 05:28 PM
I have not replaced my leathers yet and I don't know if I'll have the time and money to do that before the track day. Will there be a rental outfit there like they have at some tracks to rent them?

Bob

Ted / AF1 Racing
08-19-2008, 06:31 PM
I have not replaced my leathers yet and I don't know if I'll have the time and money to do that before the track day. Will there be a rental outfit there like they have at some tracks to rent them?

Bob

No, no rentals. But if you commit to coming down we'll definitely work something out for you to make sure you can ride.

Radiclus
08-20-2008, 09:39 AM
I plan on showing up and participating, but it looks like its going to cost me about $1000 just in gear, and around another $800 for "the trip".

And that's not including a "second service", I only have a little under 4000 miles though so I guess I could wait til after.

I guess what I am saying is that it better not rain.

cajunpriller
08-20-2008, 12:43 PM
Bob, Just use duct tape that's what its for! They even have tape in colors now to match your leathers.

Bob

wingman03
08-21-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm booked to be down there. I'm 50/50 on taking a new Capo that I've only got a thousand miles or so riding time on to the track with stock tires. If I wimp out any problem with stopping by to hi to everyone?

Ted / AF1 Racing
08-21-2008, 09:57 AM
It's absolutely free to come spectate, no gate fee. And it's absolutely free for Aprilia owners to take their bikes on the track. Win/win either way.

jrflanne
08-21-2008, 10:58 PM
So, as one who has never went around the track, as a complete novice, just what equipment does one need to do so? Just asking because I always wanted to buzz around a road course. Thanks.
Jack

Riddell
08-21-2008, 11:54 PM
I just learned I might actually be able to make this.
My command just decided my leave date, I will be flying home around the 26th.
So it looks like I will most likely be there enjoying everything but the track (No track bike, nor is the new street machine even beginning to be prepared for the track)

APRILIA IS BACK ON TRACK!!!!

FREE TRACKDAY FOR ALL APRILIA OWNERS!!!!!!

October 9th, gates open at 8AM, we can make noise from 9AM-6PM

Instead of doing an Open House this year, we rented a track for a private trackday. We've been working on this deal a while. We've been to the track, lots of turns, lots of elevation changes, nice pavement, nice people running it too.

Thursday October 9th at Harris Hill Road in San Marcos, about 30 minutes from our shop. http://www.harrishillroad.com/ and http://elitetrackdays.com/

100% FREE to anyone with an Aprilia. We will only allow Aprilias on track. No other brand is allowed on track for any reason. It is 100% free to ride and/or spectate. We will provide beverages and lunch. Depending on how many people show up, we'll run either 1, 2, 3, or 4 groups. The track has a max of about 35 people at any given time. Your bike should be have basic trackday preparations......see http://elitetrackdays.com/ for bike prep rules.

See ya there, no need to email or register......JUST SHOW UP at 8AM with your aprilia at http://www.harrishillroad.com

tasty danish
08-22-2008, 04:59 AM
I'd love to go for the track day/race weekend but would need to ride with someone.

anyone passing through Kansas city or Columbia MO with room for a couple and a tuono? I'll help with gas (obviously). PM please.

buck000
08-22-2008, 08:25 AM
So, as one who has never went around the track, as a complete novice, just what equipment does one need to do so? Just asking because I always wanted to buzz around a road course. Thanks.
Jack

Check out this link, it should answer most of your questions: http://elitetrackdays.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=category&sectionid=3&id=7&Itemid=25

tasty danish
08-27-2008, 06:04 PM
I need to plan this if I'm going to go, does no one want to car pool?

Riddell
09-02-2008, 09:32 AM
What will be happening after the track day?
Where will people be planning on staying while in austin?
Can anyone recommend a good hotel near all the action?

Thanks,
Riddell~

Dissident
09-02-2008, 12:52 PM
So seriously, anyone from Cali going?

Jet City Racer
09-05-2008, 08:58 PM
So seriously, anyone from Cali going?

Sure, if you're driving. :plus:

xrfupa
09-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Coming from KC,KS. Anyone else near this area? Might be trailing down 1 bike and have room for 2 more. Let me know asap. I have a truck but 3 people in it would be rough. Gas money/hotel split/or camping. If not just riding down on the bike. See you there.

Ed / AF1 Racing
09-15-2008, 12:28 PM
if you are attending, please see the "Roll Call" thread, so we can plan properly

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161690

cajunpriller
09-15-2008, 09:02 PM
I'm out, Gustav and Ike ran off with my track day budget.

tasty danish
09-17-2008, 10:53 AM
Coming from KC,KS. Anyone else near this area? Might be trailing down 1 bike and have room for 2 more. Let me know asap. I have a truck but 3 people in it would be rough. Gas money/hotel split/or camping. If not just riding down on the bike. See you there.

I keep PM-ing you but you don't reply. I want to go!

wsmc99
09-19-2008, 06:01 AM
Wow! That is really cool AF1 guys!

Too bad TX is so far away from San Diego.

I've got a trackday to run on the 3rd, my birthday is the 8th and I race the next weekend. That would make 3 consecutive weeks at the track!

Maybe for those that can't make the AF1 date I could offer a discount to our day at Buttonwillow on the 3rd?

http://www.velocetrackdays.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=70&products_id=198

xrfupa
09-19-2008, 06:29 AM
Sorry just checked Pm. Ill pm you once back from work

EVLTWN
09-21-2008, 07:39 AM
Anyone from Florida planning to attend ?

CathanCruz
09-23-2008, 07:13 PM
Ed, could this a yearly event? I would love to go, but my bike won't be done in time :(

oneadamjerry
09-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Too expensive & time consuming to haul the bike 1300 miles, but I found a great airfare so I'm in as a spectator. (unless Avis rents Apes)
Sounds like too good of a party to miss
See ya
1aj

fire_2869
09-29-2008, 08:52 AM

And for those of you sticking around for the AMA Supermoto round in Austin that weekend, they've changed venues and expanded the schedule. It's now a full weekend event and they're doing amateur races on Saturday, which means you guys can come laugh at Jon, Kirk and me trying not to kill ourselves while jumping SXVs with slicks on. Should be fun!

Well, since I can't bring the 636 I guess I'll just bring my new SXV that I picked up two days ago. :cheers:

Ted / AF1 Racing
09-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Well, since I can't bring the 636 I guess I'll just bring my new SXV that I picked up two days ago. :cheers:

Nice! You're gonna love the SXV on that track.

ilVoce
09-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Nice! You're gonna love the SXV on that track.

+1
The SXV is absolutely a license to get retarded at H2R!

fire_2869
09-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Now I know that I have talked to you guys at Hallett before, and since it's my home track (about 30miles and know the owners) I have run my mille there extensively. I see that your track is 1.8 miles also, so how is it on the RSV?

I've had the SXV on JRP Raceway in Tulsa EVERY DAY since I got it and should be ready for ya'll!

Ted / AF1 Racing
09-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Now I know that I have talked to you guys at Hallett before, and since it's my home track (about 30miles and know the owners) I have run my mille there extensively. I see that your track is 1.8 miles also, so how is it on the RSV?

Kind of similar, good elevation changes, and there is a faster version of the Bus Stop (not really, but close), but I would say this track is more flowing with only 1 real straight for the RSVs to start to stretch their legs. The real bonus is this pavement is smooth, patch-free, and you'd be hard pressed to find a bump.

bigzona
09-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Are we going to be going CW or CCW?

Ed / AF1 Racing
09-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Are we going to be going CW or CCW?

CCW direction is the only way they run bikes....cars go the other direction

bigzona
09-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Cool....thanks.

billerzal
09-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Edmundo y' Tedmundo, I am waiting for you to open this up for AF1-tuned SV's.

Ted / AF1 Racing
09-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Edmundo y' Tedmundo, I am waiting for you to open this up for AF1-tuned SV's.

Feel free to trade your busted SV650 in on an RSVR at your leisure. Well, don't trade it in with us. Just buy the RSVR from us.

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-01-2008, 08:16 PM
add one
David ---- Spectator Austin, Texas -- bringing MP3

also to clarify, there are no demo bikes at this trackday event (bring your own Aprilia), we'll be riding all our own bikes ourselves, we might be able to trade bikes with you a session or two, but thats a maybe.

Come to the shop any other time to ride our demos, all cool with us.

bigzona
10-01-2008, 08:26 PM
add one
David ---- Spectator Austin, Texas -- bringing MP3

also to clarify, there are no demo bikes at this trackday event (bring your own Aprilia), we'll be riding all our own bikes ourselves, we might be able to trade bikes with you a session or two, but thats a maybe.

Come to the shop any other time to ride our demos, all cool with us.

What will you be riding?

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-01-2008, 09:48 PM
we'll have for us

2007.5 Tuono Factory trackbike
2004 AF1 RSVR racebike
2004 Tuono street
2007 Tuono street
2008 Shiver street
2008 Mana 850 street --- shopuld be fun to rip around with auto transmission
2000 RS50/70 racebike --- it'll be lapping lots of you
SXV 550 racebike -- if the engine gets back in chassis in time

Shiver racebike --- should be ridable in some form, we want to test our prototype Penske shock, still need some other parts made, but should be ridable.

new RS125 --- should have them by Friday, might have to take 2 out there and lap all of you guys.

Steve-AF1 might be getting a new Aprilia 125cc racebike this weekend ---- and we'll give him a pass on his 2 Derbis (brand owned by Piaggio/Aprilia) if he wants to bring them

and who knows.....whatever else we can come up with...

wicho
10-01-2008, 10:22 PM
any one know where I rent some leathers for the track day?

MaKuono
10-02-2008, 07:02 AM
CCW direction is the only way they run bikes....cars go the other direction

Excuse me for the ignorant question...But why is it that cars and bikes go different directions (at different times...i know that)

MaKuono
10-02-2008, 07:07 AM
That is truly generous. It's a shame you all don't own every Aprilia dealership.

...Even overseas! :bump:

Be sure you post some good pics of the event. Thanks.

bigzona
10-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Speaking of pics, does anyone have aerial shots of the track? The home page has a good 3D pic, but an aerial shot would be nice as well.

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Excuse me for the ignorant question...But why is it that cars and bikes go different directions (at different times...i know that)

cars and bikes run-off tracks differently....

strfish7
10-02-2008, 03:51 PM

I'd like to know this too...been trying to locate some for purchase, but this is difficult because of the sizing and the limited time left for shipping. I suppose this is what's standing in my way of participating, although I'm not real sure about tracking the RSVR when it's still in the break-in period.

fire_2869
10-02-2008, 04:21 PM
What is this "Break-in Period" thing that you speak of?

I've got 2 RSV's and broke both of them in like I stole them, one has 35,000 miles on it and still not had any work done except the most minor maintenance.

StefanJ
10-02-2008, 10:11 PM
There are multiple philosophies in regards to break in!

My recommendation is to stick with manufacturers "break in" procedures.

buck000
10-03-2008, 08:07 AM

http://www.texastrackbikes.com/track_gear.html

http://www.trackleather.com/ , but you might have to go through Houston to get 'em / drop 'em off.

strfish7
10-03-2008, 09:22 PM
What is this "Break-in Period" thing that you speak of?

I've got 2 RSV's and broke both of them in like I stole them, one has 35,000 miles on it and still not had any work done except the most minor maintenance.

I know you smarties don't do break-in periods...but it's my first brand new bike, I'm just a little cautious. The price tag was also a factor...

JodyH
10-05-2008, 04:47 PM
I'd like to know this too...been trying to locate some for purchase, but this is difficult because of the sizing and the limited time left for shipping. I suppose this is what's standing in my way of participating, although I'm not real sure about tracking the RSVR when it's still in the break-in period.
I'll have a new size 46 AGV Forza 1 piece suit there for sale, it'll fit someone 6' 200# or so.

Radiclus
10-06-2008, 09:29 PM
I'm this excited:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2415/2240865924_8765d3bdb5.jpg?v=0

jeffs2200
10-06-2008, 09:43 PM
I was wondering if anyone who was coming to the trackday might have an extra rear stand they want to sell. If so let me know. A stand is on my list of wants but with all the money I have spent on everything to get ready for the trackday I do not want to spend the money on a new one.

fire_2869
10-07-2008, 06:29 AM
I might have a set of stands for sell, it just depends on how much of my stuff I am able to get ready today. A buddy of mine is selling off all of his racing gear, but I may not be able to go get it before the drive down.

jeffs2200
10-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Thanks, I will send you a pm.

TALK2ME
10-07-2008, 08:40 AM
Hi ..hi ..hi

bigzona
10-07-2008, 11:50 AM
I hope there will be a photographer taking some shots from the corners. That would be great!

DTA76114
10-07-2008, 03:22 PM
I know Brenda is planning on taking a ton of pics in the corners...

Jupiter
10-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I want to come. :crybaby: An entire track full of Apes? Schweeeet!

Have a great time, y'all. :banana:

strfish7
10-07-2008, 03:58 PM
If you guys will permit another newb question, what sort of tape would you use to tape the mirrors and lenses, as the track requires? Or do you remove all this stuff?

Ted / AF1 Racing
10-07-2008, 04:14 PM
I hope there will be a photographer taking some shots from the corners. That would be great!

I'll have all my gear, but I can't promise I'll be shooting more than riding. But I will have 2 video cameras aboard the RSVR.

Budoist is planning to take photos only, and I'm sure Micah will bring his camera too.

If you guys will permit another newb question, what sort of tape would you use to tape the mirrors and lenses, as the track requires? Or do you remove all this stuff?

Blue painter's tape is the best, don't use duct tape. We'll try to bring extra.

StefanJ
10-07-2008, 09:05 PM
I'll have all my gear, but I can't promise I'll be shooting more than riding. But I will have 2 video cameras aboard the RSVR.

Budoist is planning to take photos only, and I'm sure Micah will bring his camera too.

Blue painter's tape is the best, don't use duct tape. We'll try to bring extra.

Can we pull the fuze for the lights on the Ape?

I'm trying to get my wife to let me buy rearsets from you guys. My wife is going to check the account and let me know but if all goes well what the ability to bring a pair of black acculines for an 05 Factory to the trackday??

Radiclus
10-07-2008, 11:39 PM

I'm trying to get my wife to let me buy rearsets from you guys. My wife is going to check the account and let me know but if all goes well what the ability to bring a pair of black acculines for an 05 Factory to the trackday??

Don't know what model you have, but on my tuono...

I just unplugged the headlights at the harness right before the bulb. It's just right there, and if you're extra paranoid you can tape the powered side of the harness up with electrcal tape. There is a little rubber loop the wire should already be secured into (so the wires aren't loose) and so you shouldn't have a problem with them dangling.

Ted / AF1 Racing
10-08-2008, 08:47 AM

I don't have to ask my wife to buy rearsets... http://www.newschoolofphotography.com/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Sure, no problem. PM me with how you plan to pay and I'll grab a set out of inventory today.

I just unplugged the headlights at the harness right before the bulb. It's just right there, and if you're extra paranoid you can tape the powered side of the harness up with electrcal tape. There is a little rubber loop the wire should already be secured into (so the wires aren't loose) and so you shouldn't have a problem with them dangling.

That works too, probably better than baking on tape to your headlights.

rdgarza
10-08-2008, 09:49 AM
That works too, probably better than baking on tape to your headlights.

i thought taping up the lights was also to keep them together in a crash?

muratd
10-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Can I bring my 5 1/2 year old daughter? I will be a spectator.

Ted / AF1 Racing
10-08-2008, 10:50 AM
i thought taping up the lights was also to keep them together in a crash?

Yes, you'll still need to tape them but by unplugging them you won't bake the tape on.

bbneuser
10-08-2008, 11:44 AM
will there be any tire changing capabilities at track?

Ed / AF1 Racing
10-08-2008, 12:12 PM
will there be any tire changing capabilities at track?

sorry, none

StefanJ
10-08-2008, 06:43 PM
I don't have to ask my wife to buy rearsets... http://www.newschoolofphotography.com/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Sure, no problem. PM me with how you plan to pay and I'll grab a set out of inventory today.

That works too, probably better than baking on tape to your headlights.Its what I get for letting my wife handle all the bills and the accounts when I'm deployed! She worries that I will spend all our money and we won't be able to pay the bills.

I can't get her on her cell!!!
Will someone be in the shop? Maybe if I get approval I can call in my CC# and do it that way (if the wife finally gives approval).
I really want to say screw it, but then I'd never hear the end of it.

Ted / AF1 Racing
10-08-2008, 09:31 PM
I have your rearsets stashed away in the RV. If you decide you want them we can work out payment details tomorrow.

See you at the track!

StefanJ
10-08-2008, 09:40 PM
I have your rearsets stashed away in the RV. If you decide you want them we can work out payment details tomorrow.

See you at the track!

Thanks!!! You are the man!

Stefan

Ted / AF1 Racing
10-08-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm no expert, but if you're in Arkansas shouldn't you be on the road by now?

StefanJ
10-08-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm no expert, but if you're in Arkansas shouldn't you be on the road by now?

I'm on temporary duty at Fort Hood TX

ladyrednb
10-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Just in case you guys do not already know, I just found out last night late, the Austin SuperMoto round has been canceled by the promoter. It only appeared today on their website, www.armadillosupermoto.com , which sort of sucks for all you guys driving a LONG way and hoping for more entertainment than just the track day tomorrow. Maybe the AF1 boys can help make the weekend a little more interesting.

bigzona
10-09-2008, 10:04 PM
The event was awesome! A special tanks to AF1 Racing, you guys did it again.

DallasApe
10-09-2008, 10:49 PM
We made it back to Dallas a few hours ago, and I just wanted to say 'THANK YOU' again to the good people of AF1 for putting on this awesome event, and to David (DTA76114) for the ride to & from HHR, as well as the great company!

I had a blast at the track today; you guys rule! :worship:

Best regards,

Lars

Ape Man 2007
10-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Any pictures ???

fnfalman
10-10-2008, 07:36 AM
This may sound slightly macabre, but tell us about the crashes!!!

rdgarza
10-10-2008, 09:28 AM
This may sound slightly macabre, but tell us about the crashes!!!

luckily (or unluckily) there was only one. i didn't hear any details except that he went off in the last turn coming on to the front straight and got slammed down doing about 30mph or so out in the grass runoff area. he ended up right across from pit-out so we all could see him as he lay there obviously hurt. fairly sombering reminder that what we do is dangerous as well as fun. nice looking tuono factory but don't know his name. ambulance took him away but hopefully he's alright.

ladyrednb
10-10-2008, 09:34 AM
That was Roger, or Ilvoce (may be spelled wrong) is his screen name.

buck000
10-10-2008, 10:20 AM
luckily (or unluckily) there was only one.

There was one other one, at the end of the 2nd-last session. A nice guy from San Antonio (I chatted with him in the lunch line) went off the exit of the turn at the top of the hill, trashed his RSVR Factory pretty well. He was up and walking, though.

i didn't hear any details except that he went off in the last turn coming on to the front straight and got slammed down doing about 30mph or so out in the grass runoff area.

Someone reported that a rider in front of him checked up on the last turn before the front straight, and he ran off to avoid that person. I was the next bike behind him, and watched him managing pretty well. In fact, I was waiting to see if he would make it back on track, but then he went down, hard.

Hope he's OK.

fnfalman
10-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Ouch!!!

backbone11
10-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks AF1!!!

Had a blast on the 250 and it was nice talking to you guys.

See you next time!!!

Keith Hertell

budoist
10-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Any pictures ???

There are two threads of pics going right now that I've seen. This is mine (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163763) here in the News and Product forum. Here is one (http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=163764) by MuratD in the OBB.

Murat, I think I know which photographer you were while there. I think I've figured it out now (did one of your lenses have a side cutout?). I'd have definitely popped by to say hi.

budoist
10-10-2008, 11:32 AM
Also wanted to drop a line to say thank you to AF1 for a truly great time. They were insanely busy through the day and still managed to answer questions and keep us entertained.

bbneuser
10-10-2008, 11:50 AM
is there no doubt why af1's considered the top of the heap, in terms of dealership, support, service, racing, trackdays, this type event, and on and on? this is absolutely the BEST dealership/consortium of folks i've ever dealt with, top to bottom. thanks for a great afternoon. ready to do it again!
bb

CBar
10-10-2008, 12:26 PM
There was one other one, at the end of the 2nd-last session. A nice guy from San Antonio (I chatted with him in the lunch line) went off the exit of the turn at the top of the hill, trashed his RSVR Factory pretty well. He was up and walking, though.

The guy behind him said that he had been dragging his sidestand and he took a different/sharper line when he grounded out and lowsided. Pretty easy crash until the bike caught something and flipped.

bozack
10-10-2008, 12:57 PM
yeah, thanks to AF1!!! Always classy hanging out with everyone. I have met alot of great people in person. It seems all the douches just stay online in the drama threads, LOL.

I had the twin boys out there and it was their first time out at the track too and they loved all the twins and Aprilia's out there.

Roger (Ilvoce) last we heard had all his x rays come back negative, no chest tube or anything required as initial reports were possible collapsed lung, broken ribs and maybe head injuries. Haven't had 100% confirmation but seems like the last reports at the end of the day were looking up for him. Shame as he just picked up that 08 Tuono Factory. He was checking hus tire pressure right before I headed out and Buck mentioned it, someone checked up at the last turn. Not sure who he was behind but instead if crashing them he took to the grass and seemed to ride it out till something impacted his front wheel and sent him and bike up in the air.

Yeah, the last wreck just sucked. I was behind him most of the session. he was riding great and turning great lines and lan angles and was dragging his kickstand 4-5 laps at least. I backed off a bit just because the little bits of asphalt was kicking up to my face shield each time but the last lap when the flag was out we were headed in and he just turned it in a bit more and the stand just hit like an anchor and threw him down. No time to even try to save it on his knee or anything.

Was just bad luck with that stand as he would have made the corner otherwise. It was funny though cause as he was sliding off the track you could see him zero'd in on his bike just watching it. Bike was good till it went off track then caught and flipped. His Mille actually turnes out pretty good, Rogers Tuono was folded up pretty bad though.

Thanks for all the people kicking in and helping, photographers etc. I know there should e some good p ics floating out there soon.

bozack
10-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Update for anyone and anyone in Austin feel free to go pick up Roger's spirits

He is right now at Brack - six broken ribs and a partially collapsed lung. At first they said overnight - now saying a few more days.

He is up for visitors - room 803. Just don't make him laugh, or sneeze or fart.

gyges_1
10-10-2008, 05:59 PM
Update for anyone and anyone in Austin feel free to go pick up Roger's spirits

He is right now at Brack - six broken ribs and a partially collapsed lung. At first they said overnight - now saying a few more days.

He is up for visitors - room 803. Just don't make him laugh, or sneeze or fart.

Jesus....my best to ilvoce (Roger).
Was he wearing a stitch suit rather than leather or was is a pretty vicious crash? Six ribs and lung means a pretty big initial impact (I would think).

Heal up Aprilia brethren!

bozack
10-10-2008, 06:01 PM
no, he had full gear on (The Aprilia leathers etc)

Just a bad end of end and either landed bad (he isn't a small guy) or the bike landed on him.

jeffs2200
10-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Man that sucks. I am pretty sure he was wearing full leathers. If you look at the area of the track where he ran off you can see the terrain is pretty rugged. From what it looked like he most likely hit a big rock or something in the grass that sent him flying. The front tire was flattened I do believe.

I hope he makes a speedy and full recovery. It made me think a little more each time I went out on the track after that. Once you get used to the track you can carry a lot of speed through that section.

bobdavis73
10-10-2008, 07:20 PM
The guys of AF1 have done it again. Truely a stellar event! The weather was perfect and the bikes were amazing. Thanks Micah and Ed for putting this all together. If you didn't make it, whatever you do, don't look at the photos ! You'll be pissed!

Sorry the two riders wrecked. Been there, done that, and hope the recovery and repairs go well.

We just gotta do more of this type of thing. I better start working on a track day at Putnam. I wonder if we could put enough guys together to make it reasonable????

I'll do some calling on it.

AF1 ROCKS

Bob

Axecent
10-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks AF1!!!

Had a blast on the 250 and it was nice talking to you guys.

See you next time!!!

Keith Hertell

You were flyin, dude!

Thanks to Micah and the rest of the AF1 gang for making a really nice day for all of us!

backbone11
10-11-2008, 10:21 AM
counter clockwise....

Thats the funnest turn out of ANY track I've ever been to. The RS250 would get some wheelies cresting the top. Fun Stuff!!!

gyges_1
10-11-2008, 10:54 AM
So the real question is...who was the quickest guy out there?

JodyH
10-11-2008, 09:46 PM
So the real question is...who was the quickest guy out there?
The last session I average 69mph over the entire 30 minute session with a top speed of 127mph.

One of the AF1 guys (on the Tuono) and myself had a pretty fun 3-4 lap run at the end of the last session that was pretty damn fast.
We kept upping the pace and had a blast, too bad the fun had to come to an end.

backbone11
10-11-2008, 09:56 PM
1:28's b4 lunch on the RS250
25's after lunch and geometry /damping change

75 -76 MPH ave.

JodyH
10-11-2008, 10:00 PM
1:28's b4 lunch on the RS250
25's after lunch and geometry /damping change

75 -76 MPH ave.

You were on the yellow 250 correct?
If so I was running similar times to you.
I was on the black Tuono with the black A* leathers and silver Shark helmet.

kawibikeman
10-11-2008, 10:19 PM
yeah, you guys were hauling ass, i feel good that i didnt get lapped! I never pushed more than 70% the whole day, as it was the first track day on my mille, and was trying to work out bugs with the suspension, and was running some street tires. Props to you guys for the being the fastest.

JodyH
10-11-2008, 10:25 PM
I never pushed hard enough to risk losing the front, but I did occasionally break the rear loose, especially out of turn 1 (sharp left, immediately after the pit lane exit). I was on Pirelli Diablo Corsa III's (that are now pretty much trashed).
Once I found my rhythm on the track it was a blast!

fire_2869
10-11-2008, 11:17 PM
I think I had more fun on the 550 than I have ever had on any of my other bikes...

That thing was awesome.

It was definately a great day and we need to do it again.

rdgarza
10-12-2008, 04:30 PM
You were on the yellow 250 correct?
If so I was running similar times to you.
I was on the black Tuono with the black A* leathers and silver Shark helmet.

were we running similar times? i never came up on you (although i did pass a tuono like yours) but you said you were running behind me towards the end of the day (during the 3pm advanced session?). i never use my lap timer...can't figure out why. too much happening to even think about pulling the trigger button, i guess. i need to try it sometime.

JodyH
10-12-2008, 06:48 PM
were we running similar times? i never came up on you (although i did pass a tuono like yours) but you said you were running behind me towards the end of the day (during the 3pm advanced session?)
Yea... I was behind you by 100 yards or so for a few laps, we were lapping about the same times.

Gone_Ape
10-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Well the Mings regulars invaded Brackenridge Hosp this am @ 0900....Even Fai was with us !!!

Roger was up, and talking to his parents when we barged in...

He's in pretty good spirits although it seems reality is starting to settle in...still in insane pain, hooked up to Morophine, and it kills him to move and of course, laugh...

He has not had computer access but was very pleased and greatful for the love expressed by everyone on all the boards/visitors....and curious as to who it was who checked up in the final turn....I think he's been analyizing it to death and looking for closure.

By the time we left, there was still no decision from the docs whether or not he would be released.....it's still down to the o2 level thing in his blood....I offered to bring him a keg so he would be kicked out because he broke the rules!!

Translation: he wants to go home.....

bozack
10-12-2008, 07:53 PM
Ape,
Good update
I may try to swing by tomorrow if he is still there

DTA76114
10-13-2008, 01:27 PM
Great to hear he is better!! Keep up the spirits Roger!!!

blueday955
10-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Any more pix of this guy? Man, he was looking awesome out there.... :happy:

photofool
10-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Oops wrong photo..lol
http://mindaproductions.smugmug.com/photos/391009198_f9oSq-S.jpg

I think I may have gotten you photo'ed up on the hill. You will have to look through the 600 + thumbnails to find it. But you can feel free to right click and save. ;)

www.mindaproductions.smugmug.com

THX,
James

photofool
10-13-2008, 06:40 PM
Here you go.. :)
http://mindaproductions.smugmug.com/photos/391044704_2eLpY-M.jpg

And:

http://mindaproductions.smugmug.com/photos/391071594_yVfZ2-L.jpg

And:

http://mindaproductions.smugmug.com/photos/391126265_uRsqb-L.jpg

blueday955
10-14-2008, 09:18 AM
Thank you James!

bozack
10-14-2008, 10:39 AM
James,
Glad to find out who that was that got some of myself and the twins.
I may drop you a line to see about buying the higher res pics since my wife thought they were all cute.

BTW, you got some good ones of my on track too (blue bike with 58 on it)

ilVoce
10-14-2008, 12:09 PM
Hey guys. Thanks for the kind words you've posted up here. I got out of the hospital late yesterday morning and am staying with my folks for the next several days. As has been reported, I ended up with six broken ribs and a partially collapsed lung, all on the right side. I've also got several ugly bruises and knots on my body, knees, shoulders, etc. that hurt like a bitch. I've had bigger crashes and come away with less bodily injury, but that's just how it goes. I'm on some strong meds that keep the pain and muscle spasms under control, but as you can imagine I have a tough time doing things for myself.

I had both my RSV-R Factory and Tuono Factory on hand, but spent most of the day on the R-Fact in the advanced group. I hopped on the T-Fact because I wanted to work with Paul, Greg, and Mike who were riding in the intermediate group (I instruct at Harris Hill). The crash itself happened coming out of the right-hand kink that leads onto the front straight. I was behind someone who either rolled-off the throttle or applied brakes unexpectedly, chopping my line. I stood the bike up to avoid running into the other rider and broke as hard as I could before exiting the track surface. I thought I was going to be able to ride it out until I hit something immovable, and then I went down hard. One theory from observers is that I slammed into the bars before hitting the ground, and I guess that would cause some hurt. I'm not certain exactly what happened, I just know when I stopped tumbling I was in the worst pain of my life and I couldn't breathe worth a damn.

In any case, it's over now and I'm recovering. I haven't touched base with AF1 to see what the damage total is yet, but it can't be good. This is the price we pay for the sport, though.

Cheers.

DTA76114
10-14-2008, 12:17 PM
Glad to hear you are at least out of the hospital! Just relax and let it all heal.

Dang what is it about AF1 parties and totaled Tuonos? One bit the dust last year too! hmmmmm

blueday955
10-14-2008, 12:35 PM
I had both my RSV-R Factory and Tuono Factory on hand, but spent most of the day on the R-Fact in the advanced group. I hopped on the T-Fact because I wanted to work with Paul, Greg, and Mike who were riding in the intermediate group (I instruct at Harris Hill).

Glad to see you back online, Roger. Hope you get to feeling better soon (bikes can be repaired or replaced, you cannot ;) ). I know I will be back to H2R to ride again in the near future (such an awesome track) and I look forward to getting some feedback from you next time. :cheers:

buck000
10-14-2008, 01:15 PM
The crash itself happened coming out of the right-hand kink that leads onto the front straight. I was behind someone who either rolled-off the throttle or applied brakes unexpectedly, chopping my line.

I was the next bike after you, and had been marvelling at how smoothly you were negotiating the corners after passing me a bit earlier :worship: . I came off that kink, and saw you off-track. I slowed down and target-fixated nicely, but mainly was thinking that you'd be re-entering the track, and wanted to leave you room. Next thing I know, you went right over.

Heal fast. Glad you're on the mend. :cheers:

photofool
10-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Glad to hear you are in recovery mode and you will be OK after much healing Roger. Get better soon friend.

And thank you Greg and bozack. On the smugmug, if you put you curser over the larger image the selection of viewing sizes will come up. Click on original and it will load the highest res. I had available. You can right click and save to get the image. If you can take your favorite images to Ritz on a flash drive or other media card you can select what sizes available to enlarge it to. Some times you can select one or two sizes up from recogmended and it will still print nicely. The Ritz guys that work at the Parmer and IH35 store are pretty good with helping.

Bozack, I'll sort through and find your photo. I'll see if I can link the original size to this page.

photofool
10-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Bozack, sorry, the links only allow for 3X image, not origional. But, you can still save the origional like in previous post instructions.

http://mindaproductions.smugmug.com/photos/391023434_HgDyM-X3.jpg

http://mindaproductions.smugmug.com/photos/391024091_3kVa9-X3.jpg

http://mindaproductions.smugmug.com/photos/391184956_xadnb-X3.jpg

http://mindaproductions.smugmug.com/photos/391186244_NwXHo-X3.jpg

http://mindaproductions.smugmug.com/photos/391213610_LLz8u-X3.jpg

http://mindaproductions.smugmug.com/photos/391221802_GuWk2-X3.jpg

Sorry, that's all I could find of you in my images. I hope to get more and better ones next time.

bozack
10-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks again James. Didn't know it was you out there shooting. Been awhile since some of the TSBA rides.

Roger, glad to hear you are doing better. I was feeling [retty bad as I knew you were checking your tire pressures on the T to go out and play with us in the Intermediate group.

I did have someone do the same thing to me coming out of that last corner. They threw their hand up just as they were headed to the pits and I was committed all the way on the gas. Luckily I was next to them and not behind them as I was able to save both of us by diving through the pit road or it would have been ugly too.

Gone_Ape
10-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Roger....JAIL BREAK!!!! (AC/DC over dub inserted here- Bon Scott of course)

Everybody here is pumped you broke out....but from what I saw of the staff @ the Brack, uh, "exemplary "hottie" aint comin' to mind....could've been the weekend shift !!!

Man, the GUILT the GUILT...if I hadn't bugged you, in that chair you would've stayed....forgive me please....

Anything you need brotha, call.....

Paul

redws6
10-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Glad to you're recovering and thanks for letting me follow you around.....I think I was your first student that day with the dealer temp tags.

bobdavis73
10-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Hey guys. Thanks for the kind words you've posted up here. I got out of the hospital late yesterday morning and am staying with my folks for the next several days. As has been reported, I ended up with six broken ribs and a partially collapsed lung, all on the right side. I've also got several ugly bruises and knots on my body, knees, shoulders, etc. that hurt like a bitch. I've had bigger crashes and come away with less bodily injury, but that's just how it goes. I'm on some strong meds that keep the pain and muscle spasms under control, but as you can imagine I have a tough time doing things for myself.

I had both my RSV-R Factory and Tuono Factory on hand, but spent most of the day on the R-Fact in the advanced group. I hopped on the T-Fact because I wanted to work with Paul, Greg, and Mike who were riding in the intermediate group (I instruct at Harris Hill). The crash itself happened coming out of the right-hand kink that leads onto the front straight. I was behind someone who either rolled-off the throttle or applied brakes unexpectedly, chopping my line. I stood the bike up to avoid running into the other rider and broke as hard as I could before exiting the track surface. I thought I was going to be able to ride it out until I hit something immovable, and then I went down hard. One theory from observers is that I slammed into the bars before hitting the ground, and I guess that would cause some hurt. I'm not certain exactly what happened, I just know when I stopped tumbling I was in the worst pain of my life and I couldn't breathe worth a damn.

In any case, it's over now and I'm recovering. I haven't touched base with AF1 to see what the damage total is yet, but it can't be good. This is the price we pay for the sport, though.

Cheers.
I was at AF1 on Saturday and saw the bike up close. I think the shop was unanamous in it's view that it was a total loss. I know what you mean by the spasms. You try hard to stay still and not move and your body just decides you need a taste of pain. I sneezed about a week into recovery and felt all 5 of my broken ribs re-break. It put me on the foor. This too shall pass. Get better and buy a track whore for the track days. Those factories are too nice to toss on the tarmak.

Bob

blueday955
10-17-2008, 04:55 PM
I was at AF1 on Saturday and saw the bike up close. I think the shop was unanamous in it's view that it was a total loss.

Bob
Dayum....that's harsh! sooo sad.

BTW, It was good to meet you, Bob. I'll probably try Texas Red's again. :)

ilVoce
10-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Well, it seems the mystery of what I hit has been solved. A friend of mine on another board tells me that investigation at the track has identified a log as the culprit. That definitely explains how badly the front wheel got tacoed and how quickly/forcefully I went down.

I've had a rough few days after leaving the hospital, my principal problem being how the hell to sleep with six busted ribs, some of which are broken in more than one place. I seem to have gotten that one under control, thankfully, and sleeping definitely makes everything else better. My chest is still swolen and one break in particular is right under my arm so it hurts to stand, walk, etc. because my arm brushes against my chest when I do so. Other than that, I'm a picture of health! :D

Thanks again for the kind regards and well-wishes, folks. They are definitely appreciated.

ledwrist
10-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Glad to hear you're doing better! I broke 4 ribs in a streetbike accident a few years back and I can relate to how difficult it is trying to sleep. Wouldn't have been able to do it without the drugs..

The guy I was pitted next to was going to introduce us so I could get some riding advice but the accident nixed that deal. Maybe next time?

Hang in there and get well soon!

Steve

bobdavis73
10-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Well, it seems the mystery of what I hit has been solved. A friend of mine on another board tells me that investigation at the track has identified a log as the culprit. That definitely explains how badly the front wheel got tacoed and how quickly/forcefully I went down.

I've had a rough few days after leaving the hospital, my principal problem being how the hell to sleep with six busted ribs, some of which are broken in more than one place. I seem to have gotten that one under control, thankfully, and sleeping definitely makes everything else better. My chest is still swolen and one break in particular is right under my arm so it hurts to stand, walk, etc. because my arm brushes against my chest when I do so. Other than that, I'm a picture of health! :D

Thanks again for the kind regards and well-wishes, folks. They are definitely appreciated.

I slept best in a lazyboy recliner. I had 5 busted ribs, a snapped off collar bone, and my scapula had three fractures in it. There was really no good side for me to sleep on. The recliner became my best friend. Give it a shot and see if it helps.

This next piece of advice will really not sit well. Don't take the pain medicine. I know that sounds insane but I have had broken ribs three times in my life and these healed the fastest when I could tell when I was screwing with them. Normal rib fractures take about 6 months to heal. My 5 were fixed in about 8 weeks. Pain is there for a reason. You can't listen to what your body is telling you if you put on the ear muffs.

Bob

Bob

ilVoce
10-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Sheesh, Bob. You win the injury contest!

Yep, I went out and bought a fancy recliner from Relax the Back last week and it is the only way I've been able to get any sleep. I've also quit taking the prescription pain meds and switched to plain ol' ibuprofen. It seems to be working.

bobdavis73
10-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Sheesh, Bob. You win the injury contest!

Yep, I went out and bought a fancy recliner from Relax the Back last week and it is the only way I've been able to get any sleep. I've also quit taking the prescription pain meds and switched to plain ol' ibuprofen. It seems to be working.

Sux to be busted up but when your back on the mend it makes for good conversation. :cigar:

Everyone likes to hear about someone elses injury. It's like watching NASCAR just to see the crashes. :nutts:

Bob:crowbar:

ilVoce
11-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Quick update. Tomorrow will be five weeks and I'm healing up nicely. I'm strong enough to do normal day-to-day things on my own but obviously still have to be careful not to overexert myself, lift anything too heavy, bump into anything, etc. It will easily be another couple of weeks before I'm fully healed, and let me tell you I am really looking forward to riding again! My new helmet and combo chest/back protector should arrive today. :D

The T-Factory was a total loss. Just about everything was bent or broken to some extent. It's okay, though. I'm already working on plans to replace her with one even sweeter than before. It's only money, right?

Thanks for the well wishes and words of encouragement, folks. It seems there are too may of us banged up right now, and I'm definitely not the worst off of the bunch. In light of what some other members of our community are dealing with, I'm humbled that anyone has taken the time to follow up on my injuries.

budoist
11-12-2008, 12:18 PM
Great to hear you're doing better!

DTA76114
11-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Great to hear you are healing nicely..... take it easy!

blueday955
11-17-2008, 03:29 PM
+1. It is very good to hear that you are doing so well. Looking forward to riding with you soon. :D