PDA

View Full Version : New Member dropping by to say Hi and a ?

toxicdump
05-26-2008, 07:03 AM
Hi All

I just joined, looks like a good forum you have going here.
Long time rider, 35 years or so, I have owned way to many bikes to list but my current ride is a Benelli TNT sport. Awesome ride but I recently got bitten by the SuperMoto bug.
Had a DRZ400Sm and it way too much fun but underpowered. So I came on here looking for info on the SXV 5.5.
I'm just looking for a fun ride to do the odd track day with and to use on the street. The long and short of it is that the TNT is in the shop for a water pump and I am not believing that it will only be off the road for 2 weeks, so in the interim I thought a SXV would be fun.

Having read the sticky at the top of the page and done some researching it appears the SXV 5.5 is a little too prone to maintenance and reliability issues.
I don't want to have both the Benelli and the Aprilia in the shop at the same time.
I don't mind doing the regular maintenance like valve adjustments and oil changes but I don't want to deal with reliability issues.

Is the SXV 5.5 as prone to "issues" as the sticky would seem to indicate?

The other ride I am considering is the Shiver.

Thanks and great forum.

Gary

RXV_Poor
05-26-2008, 02:14 PM
IMHO the RXV/SXV's biggest issue is dealer setup. This will help a lot of the potential problems.

I would buy a 08 and have derestricted before I pick it up and enjoy it.