PDA

View Full Version : Removing The Flapper Solenoid?

Monstaman
05-15-2008, 07:45 PM
K, did a search but could not find anything, I am wanting to to remove the total vacuum hose and plug it at the injector body, I want to disconnect and remove the air solenoid as well and I can see why it would cause trouble but I have been told the bike won't run or run properly.

Has anyone else disconnected this or simply looped it back in?

Just wondering what effect it will have if any?

Many thanks Andi

DaveRSVR
05-16-2008, 05:58 AM
Check out this thread over at RSVZone: - http://www.rsvzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1571&highlight=flapper

Fairly sure that it was this forum that I read that this mod won't make any difference for road riding though, just for info.

amauri
05-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Check out this thread over at RSVZone: - http://www.rsvzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1571&highlight=flapper

Fairly sure that it was this forum that I read that this mod won't make any difference for road riding though, just for info.

Different think altogether.

He's talking about removing the solenoid and bypassing the EFI error you will get when the ECU detects that it has been disconnected.

Using an Ohmmeter, measure the resistance across the two leads on the solenoid, as I recall it is about 28 ohms.
All you have to do is go to the electronics store and buy a 28 ohm resistor, ˝ watt should do.
Connect that resistor onto the wire that you unplugged from the solenoid, now the ECU will be “fooled” into thinking that the solenoid is still there.

I can understand you doing this to clean up the wiring on a track bike but for a street bike, it is best left connected and functional.

DeBenGuzzi
05-16-2008, 09:12 AM

He's talking about removing the solenoid and bypassing the EFI error you will get when the ECU detects that it has been disconnected.

Using an Ohmmeter, measure the resistance across the two leads on the solenoid, as I recall it is about 28 ohms.
All you have to do is go to the electronics store and buy a 28 ohm resistor, ˝ watt should do.
Connect that resistor onto the wire that you unplugged from the solenoid, now the ECU will be “fooled” into thinking that the solenoid is still there.

I can understand you doing this to clean up the wiring on a track bike but for a street bike, it is best left connected and functional.

I'm gonna just run any future hack and slash mods by amauri or knurl from now on, good thing its not a big loss(or gain)

Bullitt133
05-16-2008, 08:43 PM
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124914

Monstaman
05-17-2008, 02:20 AM

Yes amauri you are onto it however the clean up is because I am nakedising my RSVR to a T so minimalistic is needed.

Many thanks for your help as well :worship::worship:

Bullitt133, perfect many thanks will be the correct resistor and bang it in line. :cheers:

theknurl
05-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Bullitt133; thanks for posting a link to my thread... was reformatting my laptop and couldn't get to my bookmarks.
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124914
it was Amauri's idea for the resistor
Noel-theknurl

v90junkie
05-20-2008, 03:22 PM
I also 'tuono-ized' my RSVR. Followed noel and amauri's instructions on the mod. works great and neat.

Monstaman
05-20-2008, 04:29 PM
I also 'tuono-ized' my RSVR. Followed noel and amauri's instructions on the mod. works great and neat.

Heya v90junkie, do you have any pics?, what did you do with all your wiring on the RHS etc.

Any chance of posting pics or ping some to me at andi@delisqs.co.nz would be sweet.

I am getting all the gear together currently then will start her most probably this weekend.

Rugbydawg13
07-27-2011, 11:28 AM

What is Tuono-izing?

madbrad16
07-27-2011, 11:41 AM
The tuono is the naked version of the rsv... so tuono-izing is nakedizing it, and cleaning up a bunch of stuff that is usually hidden under rsv fairings

Rugbydawg13
07-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Ah, thought so. Mine had all the electronics moved to the rear by the previous owner so I suppose it's been Tunon-ized already.