PDA

View Full Version : 2007 RSVR What color to get

peter_sd
05-13-2008, 11:56 PM
I am going to pickup a 2007 RSVR i am trying to decide between the Bol d'Or Replica and the Aprilia Black. I like the way the Bol d'Or looks but my wife cant stand it. Also the wife cant understand the need for multiple bikes i have a bmw 1200 gs adventure but i want a sportbike also. How many of you here have multiple bikes ?

RZRob
05-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Aprilia is synonymous with Black, however I was told Silver was the fastest color. To me though, it's a no-brainer. Buy the Bol d'Or Replica as that's destine to be a classic and the older it gets, the more special it'll be. I would love to have that - even though the Silver is faster.:happy:

RZ Rob

andy3d
05-14-2008, 12:13 AM
I am going to pickup a 2007 RSVR i am trying to decide between the Bol d'Or Replica and the Aprilia Black. I like the way the Bol d'Or looks but my wife cant stand it. Also the wife cant understand the need for multiple bikes i have a bmw 1200 gs adventure but i want a sportbike also. How many of you here have multiple bikes ?

All the dealers I've seen sell the Bol d'Or Replica for more than the others based on it being "unique".
The fact you wife doesn't like proves it's not a girlie bike:cheers:
I only have one bike, but dream of many and will buy other soon!

Morgan
05-14-2008, 12:17 AM
Black black black black BLACK!!!!

Anything else is gayyy!!

twowheelblonde
05-14-2008, 12:25 AM
Love Black! Don't judge all women by your wife's ideas. I've been riding sportbikes for about 12 years and have always had two or three bikes at the same time...one has to be a cruiser. I love the variety of having both styles for different purposes and a metric cruiser is a fun machine to play with around town (no bar hopping)...no I don't wear flipflops to ride, just the same armored sportbike stuff.

peter_sd
05-14-2008, 12:30 AM
All the dealers I've seen sell the Bol d'Or Replica for more than the others based on it being "unique".
The fact you wife doesn't like proves it's not a girlie bike:cheers:
I only have one bike, but dream of many and will buy other soon!

The dealer that i am going to has them all at the same price. My wife actually said that the purple on the bike looks lavander and kind of gay i dont agree with her but ?.

peter_sd
05-14-2008, 12:33 AM
I've been riding sportbikes for about 12 years and have always had two or three bikes at the same time...one has to be a cruiser. I love the variety of having both styles for different purposes and a metric cruiser is a fun machine to play with around town (no bar hopping).

I have ridden sportbikes for awhile but got the BMW GSA for long distance rides and some dirt roads and fire roads. I miss the sportbikes though so i an getting the aprilia. Tried the cruiser and didnt like it as much,

shannon
05-14-2008, 12:35 AM
You can always do what I did, buy the black and then put on the rear section of a Bol d'Or. Just like the lovely twowheel, I also have a warrior for fun around town, as well as a bmw k1200gt for touring.

DeBenGuzzi
05-14-2008, 03:25 AM
I dunno SILVER IS the fastest color, how do you like your GSA? I'm really considering that as my next bike because I want something I can ride anywhere and specifically in rain or shine, plus I sat on one at the bike show and it fit me like a glove :cheers:
silver, definatly silver
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Kegan/73b3260c.jpg

Nosebleed
05-14-2008, 04:25 AM
Dunno, never had a girlfriend complain about receiving 'multiple' anythings before...

2x bikes I'd never heard of before I got here (and kinda wish i had) are the Nera and the Bol d'Or, if I knew then what i know now...

Your wife might think the colour is a wee bit, shall we say, feminine, and same goes for any berks that are milling around your favourite biking spot and having a sly laugh at the 'lavender bike'.
But tell you what fire that bad-boy up and all illusions of Skin Care and Alternative Lifestyles will disappear, like that.
The Bol d'Or's that guys have got on here are hot! or as we say down here - sweet as!

The Dr.Jon
05-14-2008, 04:37 AM
My wife actually said that the purple on the bike looks lavander and kind of gay....

:plus:

Listen to your wife!:bump:

Kid A
05-14-2008, 09:02 AM
If you tend to get new bikes every few years then get the Black as it will be easier to sell.

The replica is racy cool, but it will be very hard to find a buyer for something that over the top looking later down the road, unless it is an Aprilia fanatic looking for one.

If you keep the bike for more than 5/6/7 years neither will be worth much anyway by then so go for the one you can live with best. I am turning a new leaf and will be trying to keep my bikes from now on because I have regrets about selling my old ones for next to nothing every time I upgraded. Wife says only one at a time but we'll see how it goes in a few years when I'm looking again.

amauri
05-14-2008, 10:16 AM
Black is always in style, here's my 04.

rx7tt95
05-14-2008, 11:56 AM
my vote is black too, easier to match riding gear to and men just don't look right in purple leather. I'm just saying...

AmareAprilia
05-14-2008, 02:27 PM
my vote is black too, easier to match riding gear to and men just don't look right in purple leather. I'm just saying...

Men don't match leathers to their bike's paint anyways.

I'd get the Bol d'Or replica. Who cares if people think lavender is gay ? If you like it, that's what counts.

BigMille
05-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Black is always in style, here's my 04.

How many bikes do you have, I thought you had a Nera?

amauri
05-14-2008, 03:36 PM
03 Caponord
03 Tuono Racing
04 Factory (track only)
04 Nera
07.5 RSVR

DeBenGuzzi
05-14-2008, 04:06 PM
03 Caponord
03 Tuono Racing
04 Factory (track only)
04 Nera
07.5 RSVR

brand loyal are we? :cheers:
geeze I bet if they made an aprilia cheeseburger you'd be first in line :kidding:

peter_sd
05-14-2008, 05:25 PM
I dunno SILVER IS the fastest color, how do you like your GSA? I'm really considering that as my next bike because I want something I can ride anywhere and specifically in rain or shine, plus I sat on one at the bike show and it fit me like a glove :cheers:
silver, definatly silver

Love the GSA it is a great bike does great on the street and not to bad offroad. It is not going to be a great dirtbike but it goes offroad good enough for me.

BigMille
05-14-2008, 05:49 PM
03 Caponord
03 Tuono Racing
04 Factory (track only)
04 Nera
07.5 RSVR

Damn thats nice...

FORREALQUICK
05-14-2008, 05:57 PM
I have the black 2007 Factory RSV. It is for real quick. But the advice I have is buy from Interstate Cycles here in Charlotte North Carolina. They can buy them all day long for $10,000.00 and sell them just as cheep. They are telling the other local motorcycle dealers, Suzuki, Honda etc that most Aprilia dealers are closing shop.

Stan

MASHMAN
05-14-2008, 06:04 PM
No brainer, get the Bol...

amauri
05-14-2008, 07:00 PM
brand loyal are we? :cheers:
geeze I bet if they made an aprilia cheeseburger you'd be first in line :kidding:

Working for the factory race team has certain fringe benefits.
Besides, having multiple bikes that use the same parts makes life easier.

RSV Boy
05-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Get the black. I've got a couple of bikes and want many more!

:cheers:

tinkiwinki
05-15-2008, 12:22 AM
just had to make the same choice and my wife said the same thing, so I went with the bol d ore. my buddys nick named the bike tinkiwinki.(purple telitubbies) But truth be told every were I go every one loves that bike. besides Black is boring and is like an ass hole every one has one.:burnout:

burntout
05-15-2008, 07:25 AM
No brainer, get the Bol...

Mash is right.......if you've got no brain - get the Bol.

Everything black is faster - Nightrider, athletes, Mr T, RSV's.......this is the one universal constant.....like death and taxes!

I pity the fool who gets the Bol Dor! :burnout:

Also, it solves the problem of matching leathers with bike, but then again, if you roll a matt leathers, lid and boots you'll
1. never look like a frikkin power ranger
2. always look cool no matter what paintjob your bike has.
3. maintain a little more ambiguity from the old bill.....you'll stick out a bit if you've got "Big Dave" written accross your race hump on your bright purple leathers!!!! :bump:

mad
05-15-2008, 08:28 AM
I have the black 2007 Factory RSV. It is for real quick. But the advice I have is buy from Interstate Cycles here in Charlotte North Carolina. They can buy them all day long for $10,000.00 and sell them just as cheep. They are telling the other local motorcycle dealers, Suzuki, Honda etc that most Aprilia dealers are closing shop.

Stan

All their on-line ads say MSRP. You gotta call or what? :confused:

MASHMAN
05-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Mash is right.......if you've got no brain - get the Bol.

Everything black is faster - Nightrider, athletes, Mr T, RSV's.......this is the one universal constant.....like death and taxes!

I pity the fool who gets the Bol Dor! :burnout:

Also, it solves the problem of matching leathers with bike, but then again, if you roll a matt leathers, lid and boots you'll
1. never look like a frikkin power ranger
2. always look cool no matter what paintjob your bike has.
3. maintain a little more ambiguity from the old bill.....you'll stick out a bit if you've got "Big Dave" written accross your race hump on your bright purple leathers!!!! :bump:

Now then, there's a flip side to that. You can pick up black plastics relatively easily, primarily as they're more common than Prilas of different colours (because there's an assumption that they're the fastest colour or something :spankie:... we all know the sliver ones are the fastest)... Anyway, may as well get the Bol as they'll keep a better resale, exclusivity etc...

Quoting Mr T, that black - gold combination... and ohhhh how we all love that in an Aprilia..........

1. Only a posing fairy is gonna worry about matchin their
leathers to the colour of the bike... :crowbar: wake up, smell the coffee

2. Who cares how cool you are... Just don't go around quoting Mr T...

3. "Big Dave" speaks from experience there... And translated means: "Old Bill", my former cell mate, and Daddy, tattooed his name into my ass while introducing me to a real race hump, which in turn left my leathery purple tattooed ass bright enough to see from space..."

Get the Bol and should you feel the need to coordinate, tis easier than going "the otherway" (just like burntout apparantly...)

:kidding::kidding:

Monstaman
05-15-2008, 08:41 PM
Fluo RED ... glo in the dark :bump:

DaineseUSA
05-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Bol d'Or Replica all the way.
The bike will last longer than your wife! :)

Ha ha!
Amauri, You are SO cool!
Lets grab Josh and the gang and do some Thai soon.

Mike

burntout
05-16-2008, 05:51 AM
Now then, there's a flip side to that. You can pick up black plastics relatively easily, primarily as they're more common than Prilas of different colours (because there's an assumption that they're the fastest colour or something :spankie:... we all know the sliver ones are the fastest)... Anyway, may as well get the Bol as they'll keep a better resale, exclusivity etc...

Quoting Mr T, that black - gold combination... and ohhhh how we all love that in an Aprilia..........

1. Only a posing fairy is gonna worry about matchin their
leathers to the colour of the bike... :crowbar: wake up, smell the coffee

2. Who cares how cool you are... Just don't go around quoting Mr T...

3. "Big Dave" speaks from experience there... And translated means: "Old Bill", my former cell mate, and Daddy, tattooed his name into my ass while introducing me to a real race hump, which in turn left my leathery purple tattooed ass bright enough to see from space..."

Get the Bol and should you feel the need to coordinate, tis easier than going "the otherway" (just like burntout apparantly...)

:kidding::kidding:

:blah: keep talking :blah:

:happy:

FORREALQUICK
05-16-2008, 06:17 PM
Mad:

Don't even look at their web page. They will take your money if you let them. If you need to check with other dealers who they have told this too call Extreme Motorcycles in Salisbury or Tony who works at Greensboro Harley Davidson. They both got the same information. That was who told me. Don't let Intersate fool you. They will sell them as cheep as a 2007 GSXR 1000.

Stan

kenny d
05-18-2008, 04:26 PM
BLACK! it goes with everything.my truck is black and my other bike is black.owning two bikes can become a bit expensive [tires maintanance etc.] but really cool.the ape is for twisties and track and the duc st-3 for 2 up riding as well as long distance.and about "unique" color combo's had a honda shadow 1100 sabre that was orange with orange flames.what a great cruiser.the paint was as loud as the pipes.but was hard to sell cause some peps don't like loud colors.and 50k on a 4 years old bike freaks people out too,sometimes.just my 2cents:)

EVLTWN
05-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Let's see, they made how many Bol d'or's? Twowheelblonde said it best, make sure one is a cruiser. Multiple bikes, I have A R1, 2-ZRX 1100, SXV and of course a Bol d'or. Looking for a Duc next. One can NEVER have too many bikes. ( Ever think about getting a new wife?):kidding:

Cajun
05-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Bol d'or = ghastly. Your wife must have fine taste so get the black!

Beau1K
05-19-2008, 08:18 PM
I like this one:

http://www.aprilia.com/upload/modelli/road/p01642_0065.jpg

Jobu137
05-19-2008, 09:52 PM
I like black.

MASHMAN
05-20-2008, 12:51 AM
I like this one:

http://www.aprilia.com/upload/modelli/road/p01642_0065.jpg

Absolutely Lovely...

Beau1K
05-20-2008, 01:02 AM
Absolutely Lovely...

INNIT!!!

That's what I want...now make it in a factory!!!!!

MASHMAN
05-20-2008, 04:00 AM
INNIT!!!

That's what I want...now make it in a factory!!!!!

MMMM, what gives with not factorising that thing... it's one of teh best looking ever... why not dress it up and put a pdded seat on the back for the ladies... Maybe a visit to Chris in decal town is in order.

burntout
05-20-2008, 06:53 AM
hang on, I'm confused. I thought that was a factory - or at least, it's running Ohlins front and rear and those wheels dont look the 5 spokers on my 04......I suspect I may have missed what updates have occured to the new "base" model.....:bangwall:

please, enlighten me?!

Apeboy
05-20-2008, 12:51 PM
I think RED looks the best. But I'm bias!:)

MASHMAN
05-20-2008, 04:12 PM
hang on, I'm confused. I thought that was a factory - or at least, it's running Ohlins front and rear and those wheels dont look the 5 spokers on my 04......I suspect I may have missed what updates have occured to the new "base" model.....:bangwall:

please, enlighten me?!

Ohhhhh ok then... Well the only way I can really tell the difference is to look at the black body work. It's not carbon fibre... I think since 06 > they all have cast multi-spoked wheels and Ohlins front, apart from the mechanical changes I think that's about it cosmetically, oo maybe the clocks look slightly different too. I think the shock in the picture is the Sachs, that familiar flat silver end gave it away, as I think the Ohlins has a bevelled gold end... Definately an R though on the basis of the bodywork... And bloody delicious to boot...

voxosonic
05-21-2008, 01:18 AM
Imho!

burntout
05-21-2008, 12:02 PM
Ohhhhh ok then... Well the only way I can really tell the difference is to look at the black body work. It's not carbon fibre... I think since 06 > they all have cast multi-spoked wheels and Ohlins front, apart from the mechanical changes I think that's about it cosmetically, oo maybe the clocks look slightly different too. I think the shock in the picture is the Sachs, that familiar flat silver end gave it away, as I think the Ohlins has a bevelled gold end... Definately an R though on the basis of the bodywork... And bloody delicious to boot...

thats what I figured - I want those wheels in that case....they look much sharper than my 5 spokes. not so fussed about the ohlins forks - I'm not good enough to notice the difference!

fastnfat
05-21-2008, 01:10 PM
That's what I thought(not good enough to notice difference). I had a 05 RSV with Showa forks which felt great after the VTR1000. Now I've gotta Factory with the Ohlins stuff and what a difference, pure quality ride and handling.
p.s. this colour is the fastest
fnf

DeBenGuzzi
05-21-2008, 03:16 PM
That's what I thought(not good enough to notice difference). I had a 05 RSV with Showa forks which felt great after the VTR1000. Now I've gotta Factory with the Ohlins stuff and what a difference, pure quality ride and handling.
p.s. this colour is the fastest
fnf

DUDE OMG someone vandilized your poor bike, ...... wait ..... no I guess that appears to be stock paint :happy:

burntout
05-21-2008, 03:25 PM
DUDE OMG someone vandilized your poor bike, ...... wait ..... no I guess that appears to be stock paint :happy:

I think he had a front ender and replaced the stock white plastics with those black ones by mistake! :kidding:

DeBenGuzzi
05-21-2008, 04:15 PM
IMAGINE how fricken SWEET that would look if you took off your mid and upper then had them resprayed white and put the stock stickers back on, THAT is the factory they should have made not this abortion of probably something like this
luigi - "I got the factory tail and tanks ready in white how did the front end plastics turn out in white mario?"
mario - "white? uh-oh speghettio's"

fastnfat
05-22-2008, 12:58 PM
The problem is that certain people in the good 'ol US of A think they are the only one's with taste! ah ah very funny not

DeBenGuzzi
05-22-2008, 02:02 PM
The problem is that certain people in the good 'ol US of A think they are the only one's with taste! ah ah very funny not

BS!!! that factory is alright looking but it clashes, anyone from any culture can see that, plus WHITE is the new black. Finally from coast to coast america is almost as diverse as the EU generalities are becoming obsolete, but yes yes I know, no one has accused the british of having taste, I mean have you tried their food? :fangs:

FORREALQUICK
05-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Get a 2007 Suzuki GSXR 1000, yellow and sliver and blow everyone's mind.

fastnfat
05-23-2008, 02:59 AM
BS!!! that factory is alright looking but it clashes, anyone from any culture can see that, plus WHITE is the new black. Finally from coast to coast america is almost as diverse as the EU generalities are becoming obsolete, but yes yes I know, no one has accused the british of having taste, I mean have you tried their food? :fangs:

lol, remind us all,Where did McDonald's originate from?

DeBenGuzzi
05-23-2008, 10:23 AM
lol, remind us all,Where did McDonald's originate from?

name sounds scottish to me :cheers:

Speedy
05-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Both my Ape's , previous and new one :worship:

soberman001
05-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Absolutely Lovely...

Very very nice. Sophisticated. Unlike most of the riders:happy:

Mine is an 04 Silver Factory and I really like the color. I have had 2 black Apes also.. So.. like women.. get what you want and deal with everyone's elses jealousy.

enjoy no matter what you get.

EVLTWN
05-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Both my Ape's , previous and new one :worship:

That's a nice looking 07

Britten
05-25-2008, 01:04 PM
I just ordered a new 2007 RSVR in black. Chose it over all other colors including BolDor. Like the BoldDor but it adds $2K to cost

Speedy
05-26-2008, 01:46 PM
That's a nice looking 07
Well thank you , next one is on me :cheers::burnout:

burntout
05-27-2008, 07:06 AM
Like the BoldDor but it adds $2K to cost

...and yet reduces resale value by a similar amount! :nutts::)

aprsv2007fl
05-31-2008, 08:14 AM
Men don't match leathers to their bike's paint anyways.

naaa, i have never seen any color matching around this forum.
i will reserve strong language for fear of banning
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z212/RayBanJockey/IMG_1488-k.jpg