PDA

View Full Version : Amauri 1060 RSV - **BREAKING NEWS** 100mm Pistons Just Completed

Reubens32
04-27-2008, 11:59 PM
A lot of you will know this is not the 1st time Amauri worked on my bike and now, he recently just completed my 100mm Piston kit and as a result, transformed my bike into a beast. My Revised Thing / Beast wants to “Buck” me off!

Upon initial startup, I immediately noticed a more pronounced exhaust pulses. Bap Bap Bap, Bap…………….The bike sounds different at idle and bit more menacing. Mind you I’ve owned this bike for 3 years and ride her everyday rain or shine and I know when something is changed.

Test Ride Report –

1st gear is very handful and the front wheel is up in the air in less effort than ever before.
Clicking up to 2nd gear continues with this “I will throw you off” attitude and now pulls major power wheelies. (Yes - without the clutch)
3rd gear is pulling forward fast and I can tell the front wheel is off the ground. (I'm leaned forward and really pushing this front end down) Holey shiite!
4th gear – Well I hate to say it but I just finished my freeway on-ramp and I’m outta room. I have to take this to the track.
Canyon Riding this morning – No Freeway Onramp Hooliganism, well Okay just one 2nd Gear roll-on power wheelie. This motor is soooo tractable and pulls 3rd gear corners very smoothly. I was under the impression I was in 2nd but was very surprised to know that I was in 3rd. Very Nice Surprise!
The bike pulls real nice throughout the rev range – very smooth. Kudos to the dyno guy!
There’s just more power everywhere and I having a blast getting to know this New Bike/Amauri 1060 RSV!I anticipate this investment will give more smiles as the days, months and years goes on. Big Thanks to Amauri for the excellent Customer Service, Great Communication and also to Brent at Spectrum Motorsports for the excellent dyno map.
If you have the chance to do it, I highly recommend it. Save your income tax / Rebate Tax / use your credit cards or do whatever necessary. My bike feels awesome!

Here are some pics that Amauri provided during the build and the dyno map.

New Piston is in.
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/reubens32/sP1010088.jpg

All Timing is Spot - On - Amauri mentioned "No Deviation" from the norm.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/reubens32/P1010089.jpg

I had the normal carbon build up and valve train showed lil to hardly any wear at all after 25k miles!

However he did see one valve seal needed replacing. Good thing he takes these heads apart as part of the package!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/reubens32/sP1010087.jpg

Heres the work of Brent @ Spectrum Motorsports and Amauri swears by this guy. Notice the before and after? The Red was my file back from a few months ago when I got the Leo Vince from SCRUB.

Note to self - Order Pizza for Brent and Adrian

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/reubens32/Dynochart.jpg

Reubens32
04-28-2008, 12:04 AM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/reubens32/IMG_8368.jpg

novos
04-28-2008, 12:04 AM
Wow, Reubens... you lucky bastard :cheers:

Congrats on the upgrade :banana:

Reubens32
04-28-2008, 12:08 AM
Wow, Reubens... you lucky bastard :cheers:

Congrats on the upgrade :banana:

ROFL!!! :banana: Ya know.........you're only a few hours away from me and Mr. Amauri is literally 10 mins down South of me. :)

novos
04-28-2008, 12:16 AM
I don't think 714 is actually "hours" away from you ;-)

And I don't think my RSV is worthy of an amauri 1060 kit... rather, it's really not exactly lacking on power that I need (said the man who's never pulled a wheelie on his RSV) I STILL don't trust my bike's electrics.

How much downtime did you have for the 1060 upgrade?

mossback
04-28-2008, 01:16 AM
you had 25,000 miles on engine before the kit? Did you have Amuri go through whole engine?

I talked about getting mine kitted but the was given some warning others about the bottom end.

Excellent results.

DeBenGuzzi
04-28-2008, 01:58 AM
if I keep it long enough I might find a way to get it done when I have some good miles on her, then it'll be like having a brand new bike again, yet so familiar to add a whole bunch more miles too :cheers:

Felix Da Cat
04-28-2008, 07:17 AM
:cheers:Awesome, thanks for that report. She sounds like a wicked package :worship:

rx7tt95
04-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Has anyone gone with, a bit of head work (basic cleanup), titanium rods and a 1060 kit?

I think Chris needs to make up some stock looking RSVR1060 decals to replace the OEM RSVR1000 decals!

danman
04-28-2008, 10:52 AM
I did major head work to my 01....I swear 2 lbs of aluminum came out of each head, it was a full deck and port job and clearancing all the little things that mattered along with port matching the intake boots and TB's to the intake runners. The first runs on the dyno were OK...not inspiring as it had problems with a cam chain tensioner that took a shit at 10K rpm. We were in the upper 60's for torque in the midrange but the top end was falling off just after 7,500. After a little more discovery work we found out that the front exhaust cam was at 131, added to the failing tensioner retarding the front cylinder cams. Fixed that issue, made a set of manual cam chain tensioners, and retimed the rest to where they needed to be...and then it all went to shit when the ECU decided it had enough and burnt the EPROM out of the socket.

Reubens32
04-28-2008, 04:49 PM
I don't think 714 is actually "hours" away from you ;-)

And I don't think my RSV is worthy of an amauri 1060 kit... rather, it's really not exactly lacking on power that I need (said the man who's never pulled a wheelie on his RSV) I STILL don't trust my bike's electrics.

How much downtime did you have for the 1060 upgrade?

Ahh - I thought you were in Norcal in San Jose area. My mistake sorry.

6 days but that was expected because he is doing this on his own time.

Cheers novos :cheers:

Kid A
04-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Congrats Reubens! Welcome to the club. I know exactly what your talkng about.:cheers:

Reubens32
04-28-2008, 04:54 PM
you had 25,000 miles on engine before the kit? Did you have Amuri go through whole engine?

I talked about getting mine kitted but the was given some warning others about the bottom end.

Excellent results.

Cheers Moss!

Just the kit and the bottom end was left intact. My bike's history is pretty spoiled and its only been to track 3x since I've owned her. I'm taking a chance but her history is pretty impeccable.......except for the occasional California Rain.

She does get ridden everyday....but only as commuter to work and back.

:cheers:

Reubens32
04-28-2008, 04:59 PM
Cheers Ben & Felix!

If you ever make it down SoCal - you guys are more than welcome to try her .

Reubens32
04-28-2008, 05:01 PM
Has anyone gone with, a bit of head work (basic cleanup), titanium rods and a 1060 kit?

I think Chris needs to make up some stock looking RSVR1060 decals to replace the OEM RSVR1000 decals!

On its way sir - I just got my approval from Amauri and its a go.

I hope Chris accepts my request of creating "Amauri 1060 RSV" from this template.

http://www.drippinwet.com/ebay/aprilia_racing.jpg

Reubens32
04-28-2008, 05:03 PM
Congrats Reubens! Welcome to the club. I know exactly what your talkng about.:cheers:

Cheers M8 and I do like your exhaust sir! :burnout: Whats your home addy again? :happy::happy:

ckruzel
05-01-2008, 07:49 AM

I hope Chris accepts my request of creating "Amauri 1060 RSV" from this template.

no problem i got your emails, i will do them up for you, i did some 1060 decals for another forum member also, havent seen any pics of them on the bike though

Reubens32
05-01-2008, 09:50 AM
no problem i got your emails, i will do them up for you, i did some 1060 decals for another forum member also, havent seen any pics of them on the bike though

Shoot Ya know me and my photos - If it was me.......I'll have em up within minutes and shown in the WWW. :) and Thanks again!

voxosonic
05-01-2008, 10:06 AM

Here are some pix. I posted them a few weeks back.
Regarding the bucking bronco 1060? Oh Yeah! I have had a chance to put the spurs to mine the last few weekends and it has been quite an adjustment from the 00.5 R. Thank God for steering dampners.

Reubens32
05-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Regarding the bucking bronco 1060? ROFL! That is the perfect analogy!! :happy:

barmherzigkeit
05-01-2008, 10:34 AM

Yeah Chris,
I'd like a nice sticker design too for my 1060 Tuono done by Bill Himmelsbach

Nosebleed
05-02-2008, 03:44 PM
voxosonic: i loove the 'blueing' on those exhausts!

voxosonic
05-02-2008, 04:35 PM

At first they were purple (and obviously I am OK with purple). It will be interesting to see how they change this summer with even more heat!

Reubens32
05-03-2008, 01:33 AM

Thats one of the reasons why I luv that dudes bike! That bike is one of the reasons why I invested on this big bore kit! Add INTUNE's bike as well.....game over and $$$ is spent! :happy:

Reubens32
05-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Big Thanks Chris!

Here's the Custom Sticker request - its Very Subtle but gets the message across.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h78/reubens32/L1060RSV001Large.jpg

zx6racer
05-28-2008, 04:40 AM
Love the flag !

NeoGeniX
05-28-2008, 05:44 AM
I don't get the MS logo though... Its a sigarette brand.