PDA

View Full Version : rsv race with inline?

jetblack3s
04-23-2008, 11:07 PM
i am wondering if theres a video on the new ape against any new jap inline four 1000cc drag racing. it will be fun to watch... i think i should make one with my friends new 07 gixxer 1000. lol

titan907
04-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Unlikely that we can hang with any of the high end liter class stuff out of japan in a straight line, even with a big bore kit, etc.

derrickhackman
04-24-2008, 07:23 AM
sounds like a boring video to me ...:tired:

in a race with a liter i-4 against a twin .... the i-4 will pull it out when it is on the pipe. the ape will perhaps get the wholeshot and the first 60-100 feet, after that ... it is all jap exhaust in-your-face.

burntout
04-24-2008, 08:14 AM
15/42 gearing will help a little.

jetblack3s
04-24-2008, 12:37 PM
15/42 gearing will help a little.

I just wanna have an idea how far rsv behind n the difference in low end power

mossback
04-24-2008, 12:41 PM
I just wanna have an idea how far rsv behind n the difference in low end power

Start doing track days.

Shibby!
04-24-2008, 12:42 PM
well.. consider the weight, and extra power the inlines have and your setting yourself up for an ugly picture.

20-30HP and 50lbs + less weight.

novos
04-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Start doing track days.

Have you noticed the theme of his threads? He sure didn't buy the bike for how it handles. :rolleyes:

"I want a pretty bike lol!"

At least he's in "the sprot" ;)

Dissident
04-25-2008, 05:11 PM
sounds like a boring video to me ...:tired:

in a race with a liter i-4 against a twin .... the i-4 will pull it out when it is on the pipe. the ape will perhaps get the wholeshot and the first 60-100 feet, after that ... it is all jap exhaust in-your-face.

In the 1/4 mile, I think rider would make just as much difference as the bike. I may take mine to RaceLegal sometime (it's just 1/8th mile) just to see how I do (i surprised quite a few people last time on the 450 :burnout:)

jetblack3s
04-26-2008, 12:35 AM
Have you noticed the theme of his threads? He sure didn't buy the bike for how it handles. :rolleyes:

I love my bike every second i am on it, and i don't want a jap 1000 because they are faster. i just thought it will be fun to race or watch our bikes against one of those japs. i want to see if we have any advantage when take off, because i heard that vtwin have more low end torque. but all of you make it sound like.....

Crazy Horse
04-26-2008, 01:01 AM
The inline 1000's make TORQUE......

I will never understand why people still think the inline 1000's are like the old 600's and only make power in the upper rpms.

The Aprilia might be easier to launch because it isn't as big a fly swatter as the jap inline fours. you can't rev the snot out of an inline and just dump the clutch.

Here is a link to a Dyno graph of a stock then built 2005 Honda cbr 1000rr

http://www.northvalleyhonda.com/documents/CBR1000RR2005TKR.pdf

. It has more torque than my Aprilia which is strong on that Dyno. My bike (04 RSVR) makes 80.98 ft lbs.With 137.38 HP A fellow forum member with a 07 on the same Dyno and same tuner made 119.83 HP and 73.05 ft lbs torque.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1590685&postcount=9

My bike

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1191680&postcount=36

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1191718&postcount=39

I hope this helps some.

jetblack3s
04-26-2008, 01:50 AM
The inline 1000's make TORQUE......

I will never understand why people still think the inline 1000's are like the old 600's and only make power in the upper rpms.

The Aprilia might be easier to launch because it isn't as big a fly swatter as the jap inline fours. you can't rev the snot out of an inline and just dump the clutch.

Here is a link to a Dyno graph of a stock then built 2005 Honda cbr 1000rr

http://www.northvalleyhonda.com/documents/CBR1000RR2005TKR.pdf

. It has more torque than my Aprilia which is strong on that Dyno. My bike (04 RSVR) makes 80.98 ft lbs.With 137.38 HP A fellow forum member with a 07 on the same Dyno and same tuner made 119.83 HP and 73.05 ft lbs torque.

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1590685&postcount=9

My bike

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1191680&postcount=36

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1191718&postcount=39

I hope this helps some.

thanks man, do you happen to know the hp on the big four jap bikes? 600 and 1000 stock? it will be very helpful to my research.

putty
04-26-2008, 04:56 AM
i ran with a buddy of mine on an 07 gsxr 1000 while i was home, back woods ga roads. I used to ride my 03 gsxr with him on his 06, we are about the same skill lvl. I had no problems running with him at all 0-150+ at about 150 he would walk away, in the corners i found my self filling up his mirrors and wishing he would push it a bit harder, and i didn't know the roads as well as he did, and hadn't ridden in a year. To me that says something. My factory is going to be a street bike for a while, so the fact i would get spanked by an i4 at 150 plus doesn't matter much to me at all, most the street guys that are still alive and riding don't take it past that on the street anyway, on my gsxr i can only think of a few times i ran it up past that, and it was never a smart thing to do, so it matters little to me. I love the twin, i love the looks, the sound, the ohlins, the brembos. An i4 in the same trim would be fun on the track though. Then again, i ran my 03 in wera, and to tell you the truth, i cant ride all that bike, running novice in that class, i felt in the way of the experts.

DeBenGuzzi
04-26-2008, 09:14 AM
i ran with a buddy of mine on an 07 gsxr 1000 while i was home, back woods ga roads. I used to ride my 03 gsxr with him on his 06, we are about the same skill lvl. I had no problems running with him at all 0-150+ at about 150 he would walk away, in the corners i found my self filling up his mirrors and wishing he would push it a bit harder, and i didn't know the roads as well as he did, and hadn't ridden in a year. To me that says something. My factory is going to be a street bike for a while, so the fact i would get spanked by an i4 at 150 plus doesn't matter much to me at all, most the street guys that are still alive and riding don't take it past that on the street anyway, on my gsxr i can only think of a few times i ran it up past that, and it was never a smart thing to do, so it matters little to me. I love the twin, i love the looks, the sound, the ohlins, the brembos. An i4 in the same trim would be fun on the track though. Then again, i ran my 03 in wera, and to tell you the truth, i cant ride all that bike, running novice in that class, i felt in the way of the experts.

other than the track days I need to look into, you took the words right out of my mouth and they also just upped the state laws in MN that if you go over 100mph for any reason you can lose your license for a year which would be Really Really Really bad for me. With my job and the laws the way they are I might end up on a cruiser before I wanted to, but at least I'll have the RSVR to look back on and smile :cheers:

Ian_XX
04-26-2008, 09:19 AM
To answer your last question, a new inline liter bike makes anywhere from 145rwhp-155rwhp depending on the dyno(maybe even above 160rwhp). Torque I believe is ~78-80 ft-lbs.

Of course the liter bikes wet weights are close to what an Aprilia weighs dry. That makes as large of a difference as the power.

There is no chance to keep up, so don't try. Learn how to ride well in the corners, leave the straight line stuff to the poseurs who are looking to loose their licenses.

I'm sure Aprilia's new V4 will keep up, and their big bore twins will fare better, but not a liter Vtwin.

Felix Da Cat
04-26-2008, 10:16 AM
It has a lot to do with setup as well. I have dragged mine at the strip for fun... it wheelies off the line which messes up the launch.

You will not hang with an 1k I-4

Still fun trying though ;)

zx250r
04-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Still fun trying though ;)

haha, i agree and i think that is his point.

zx250r
04-26-2008, 12:05 PM

wow, you really like mocking people huh? who cares why he bought it? over 80% of sportbikes will never see the track(even greater percentage for exotic cars etc), that's a lot of poseurs huh? he also just said it would be neat to see a real world comparison, nothing wrong with that.

jetblack3s
04-27-2008, 10:56 PM
wow, you really like mocking people huh? who cares why he bought it? over 80% of sportbikes will never see the track(even greater percentage for exotic cars etc), that's a lot of poseurs huh? he also just said it would be neat to see a real world comparison, nothing wrong with that.

i got back up now matherfugers!!! :bond:lol.

novos
04-27-2008, 11:26 PM

Wow 19 posts, you sure sling a lot of fuckin' attitude for a new guy, don't you :)

Guess you're just a bag and a half of cocks, aren't you? :rolleyes:

Why don't you go tinker on your bike, shadetree. This time don't forget to loosen the engine mounting bolts to bleed the clutch, eh? :cheers:

mossback
04-27-2008, 11:55 PM
Wow 19 posts, you sure sling a lot of fuckin' attitude for a new guy, don't you :)

Why don't you go tinker on your bike, shadetree. This time don't forget to loosen the engine mounting bolts to bleed the clutch, eh? :cheers:

LOL:happy:

zx250r
04-28-2008, 04:33 PM

yeah, sorry i don't get bent outta shape about rambos behind a keyboard, especially ones that think 2 posts is a lot of attitude haha. i just don't get why you have to try to put others down when you are so obviously badass. make fun of me all you want, i love my life and wouldn't change it for the world...just leave a guy alone about what he likes.

zx250r
04-28-2008, 04:40 PM

nice george bush impersonation. can't justify your lame comment so you try to make fun of the person calling you out. gotta do your job and get them thar terrists for amurika :gunner: haha

ps - did you ever run the bikes and make the vid yet? i'd like to check it out. can ya'll do it at a 1/4 mi track with decent riders? i beat this guy that had just got his zx10r on a bandit 1200s. a good rider on an rsv could take a half ass'd rider on a i4. also you gotta do a track comparison. i can't wait to take the rsv out there. come out to jennings with us:
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm182/setablazebyyou/DSC00328.jpg
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm182/setablazebyyou/DSC_8501.jpg
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm182/setablazebyyou/background.jpg
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm182/setablazebyyou/duc2.jpg
after some racing at bike week
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm182/setablazebyyou/biketoberfest2007.jpg

Dissident
04-28-2008, 05:49 PM
a good rider on an rsv could take a half ass'd rider on a i4.

:plus:

All other things being even, a literbike would smoke the RSV, but all things other things are NEVER even. Even in drag racing the rider makes more differeance than people realize... In fact, there are few things more satisfying than PWNing someone on a way faster bike.

zx250r
04-28-2008, 06:22 PM

All other things being even, a literbike would smoke the RSV, but all things other things are NEVER even. Even in drag racing the rider makes more differeance than people realize... In fact, there are few things more satisfying than PWNing someone on a way faster bike.

i sure won't do it more than once (race, not own as i'm usually owned in all racing lol). everyone says bike clutches don't hold up to it well. i used to drag race my trans-am with a twin disc...then the damn rear end went lol. i love watching, and riding along, but i'll leave it to the pros! (now a little friendly roll-0n is all good)

Magi
04-29-2008, 12:48 AM
all things being unequal - if you run with someone whos good at what he does - you might find your bikes a dog and so are you.

just another schmuk cast aside in the process of natural slection.

d magi

hope to see you at jennings sometime.

jetblack3s
04-29-2008, 02:30 AM

:WTF: daynn pal, you don't have to be like a fucking ass just because you on a thread, i bet you won't say shit to anyone like this in person....

jetblack3s
04-29-2008, 02:37 AM
i was so close getting the 1098, i had both ape and duc park side by side and test rode both of them at my local dealership. i picked the ape because of the way it look and the way it handle over the duc's "POWER." so NO, i never look back and say i wanted a faster bike, i just ask if anybody know there is a video of our bike against a gixxer or any newer jap inline 4 on a straight drag race. and some of our "expert" here with the IQ score below average starting to :blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::bla h::blah::blah::blah: calm the fuck down, and if you got nothing good to say..... then STFU :happy:

Roadless
04-29-2008, 05:37 AM
Since there are no tracks over here, making a video of a good race could provide mister poliveman with much wanted evidence.
BUT, so far the RSVR will catch up and pass anything with enough curves on the road, if road surface is uneven and/or lots of dips the RSVR will catch up and pass even quicker.
I4 will then pass on the longer straights, unless road surface has the suspension really busy, then the I4 stays behind.

My dream is a little more power to the RSVR, so the I4 bugger canīt pass so easily on the straight line, thus keeping said bugger in a state of sadness and despair AND behind me.

Why I want this is beyond me to explain.

The Dr.Jon
04-29-2008, 05:42 AM

Fact is I had an RSVR for 6 months and I've had the R1 for one weekend (750 miles in a couple of days) and the R1 smokes the RSVR in every department, except maybe the feel of the Brembo brakes. And get this....it handles better in the corners too! :burnout:

ARAIHEAD
04-29-2008, 05:47 AM
Fact is I had an RSVR for 6 months and I've had the R1 for one weekend (750 miles in a couple of days) and the R1 smokes the RSVR in every department, except maybe the feel of the Brembo brakes. And get this....it handles better in the corners too! :burnout:

..................................:blah::blah::bla h::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::ban::ban::b an::ban::ban:

The Dr.Jon
04-29-2008, 05:49 AM
..................................:blah::blah::bla h::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::ban::ban::b an::ban::ban:

Yeah that would be right.....ban a guy for stating some hard facts.....:rolleyes:

ARAIHEAD
04-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Facts! facts!........ fact is you couldn't hack the high pressure of TUOLDO ownership, weren't accepted into the rsvr fraternity so turned to the yamaha family & were obviously rebuffed by them & now you're just left in bike-limboland with no friends so NAFF OFF LONER !!! :eek:

The Dr.Jon
04-29-2008, 07:02 AM
:tired: :blah::blah: Whilst you were polishing the stabilisers on yer Firestorm (:happy:) I was riding to Slovenia and back on my Tuoldo Mr Newby. :rolleyes:

ARAIHEAD
04-29-2008, 07:17 AM
:tired: :blah::blah: Whilst you were polishing the stabilisers on yer Firestorm (:happy:) I was riding to Slovenia and back on my Tuoldo Mr Newby. :rolleyes:

In actual fact ( cos yer like facts) at that time i had my 1st R1 & was at the time thinking to myself " must get something that is fun rather than just a missile"!:happy::bump:

ThisEndUp
04-29-2008, 07:22 AM
.....and another Dr. J / Araihead battle commences.

Sit back and enjoy, fellow forum members.:)

You two crack me up.

The Dr.Jon
04-29-2008, 07:30 AM
In actual fact ( cos yer like facts) at that time i had my 1st R1 & was at the time thinking to myself " must get something that is fun rather than just a missile"!:happy::bump:

Moving from a "missile" R1 to a Tuoldo had nowt to do with you being a cat funt then, eh?:happy:

I had lots of fun on the R1 in Wales at the weekend, just ask WelshTuono, a.k.a Flyin' Brian, and el MongOoOo.:burnout:

Plus....if the Tuoldo is so much fun, how come you've never ridden it further than London and you COCKED OFF this years Euro Hoon to the Alps and the Nurburgring??:rolleyes::bump:

foskamink
04-29-2008, 07:30 AM
I love my bike every second i am on it, and i don't want a jap 1000 because they are faster. i just thought it will be fun to race or watch our bikes against one of those japs. i want to see if we have any advantage when take off, because i heard that vtwin have more low end torque. but all of you make it sound like.....

you talk asif you just pick up the bike for the first time and never ride before

get on the twisty roads where all the fun is, and see the inline 4 left for dead

The Dr.Jon
04-29-2008, 07:33 AM
get on the twisty roads where all the fun is, and see the inline 4 left for dead

Oh yeah....'cos i4s can't go round corners.....:blah::blah:. Sorry fella but ......:bs:.

foskamink
04-29-2008, 07:34 AM
Oh yeah....'cos i4s can't go round corners.....:blah::blah:. Sorry fella but ......:bs:.

:bond: just cause u cant ride

ARAIHEAD
04-29-2008, 07:36 AM
Plus....if the Tuoldo is so much fun, how come you've never ridden it further than London and you COCKED OFF this years Euro Hoon to the Alps and the Nurburgring??:rolleyes::bump:

Its obviously nowt to do with the bike then eh???????????? More like the company!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::bump::happy:

ARAIHEAD
04-29-2008, 07:38 AM

:plus::plus::plus::plus::plus: Go on m8 you tell him!!:cheers:

The Dr.Jon
04-29-2008, 07:39 AM

Mmmm....see you on the Deutsche Alpen Strasse in May then. Meet up near Lindau?:burnout:

By the way....I see you have a Gixxer 600, presumably that's just for straightline drag racing then, eh?:confused:

ARAIHEAD
04-29-2008, 07:42 AM
Mmmm....see you on the Deutsche Alpen Strasse on the Monday 26th May then. Meet up near Lindau?:burnout:

.....What about the HELMSLEY TT or HARTSIDE or BORDERS RUN this weekend????????:burnout::bump::happy:

The Dr.Jon
04-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Its obviously nowt to do with the bike then eh???????????? More like the company!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::bump::happy:

No reason for you not to ride further than London, seeing as you love yerself, you'd be happier on yer own?:happy:

zx250r
04-29-2008, 10:45 AM
haha you guys are great, funny but still civil. i'd love to see a vid of you two "discussing" bikes more than you racing lol! seriously it would be neat to check out you guys goin at it, got a bike cam? i might be going to deutschland or uk for law school study abroad next summer, hopefully i can meet up with yall then. i want to ride an rs250 :worship:

foskamink
04-29-2008, 11:01 AM
Mmmm....see you on the Deutsche Alpen Strasse in May then. Meet up near Lindau?:burnout:

By the way....I see you have a Gixxer 600, presumably that's just for straightline drag racing then, eh?:confused:

sorry may is booked out, i gotta watch lyons last game, to see them 7 years running champions of france, then i gotta go to the film festival and then i got moto gp later in month, possibly we can drag in a straight line at end of may, better yet ill put u down in the twisties on my 125

foskamink
04-29-2008, 11:04 AM
haha you guys are great, funny but still civil. i'd love to see a vid of you two "discussing" bikes more than you racing lol! seriously it would be neat to check out you guys goin at it, got a bike cam? i might be going to deutschland or uk for law school study abroad next summer, hopefully i can meet up with yall then. i want to ride an rs250 :worship:

i want a rs250 sooo bad, but i cant find one.

everyone knows a good rider on a 600 will beat most riders in the twisties....

rsv is faster in the corners then the gixxer 1ks.

but gsxr eat the rsv up on the straight.

but to be honest after the 2008 testing in france, on a few tracks the rsv was just 1.5 seconds slower then the gsxr1k, shows how narrow the gap is, even since everyone complains the gsxr1ks eat them in a straight line.

end of the day, skill is what gets u faster lap times

pbas
04-29-2008, 04:21 PM
To answer your last question, a new inline liter bike makes anywhere from 145rwhp-155rwhp depending on the dyno(maybe even above 160rwhp). Torque I believe is ~78-80 ft-lbs.

Of course the liter bikes wet weights are close to what an Aprilia weighs dry. That makes as large of a difference as the power.

There is no chance to keep up, so don't try. Learn how to ride well in the corners, leave the straight line stuff to the poseurs who are looking to loose their licenses.

I'm sure Aprilia's new V4 will keep up, and their big bore twins will fare better, but not a liter Vtwin.You're likely to see even higher numbers than that I reckon.
A mate of mine running a -05 zx10r with a yoshi can and PCIII showed 167 rwhp.
On the same dyno an -05 RSV with airbox, EVO6 and PCIII reached 132 rwhp.

As expected the diff is pretty irrelevant in the twisties but in roll-on or standing start it's inialation every time...

Dissident
04-29-2008, 04:27 PM
You're likely to see even higher numbers than that I reckon.
A mate of mine running a -05 zx10r with a yoshi can and PCIII showed 167 rwhp.
On the same dyno an -05 RSV with airbox, EVO6 and PCIII reached 132 rwhp.

As expected the diff is pretty irrelevant in the twisties but in roll-on or standing start it's inialation every time...

But there's a big difference between roll-ons and a quarter mile! Actually LAUNCHING (and putting all of that power to the ground) a bike takes quite a bit more skill than people realize until they actually get on the line for the first time.... I wouldn't put money on it either way, but I'd bet I could take plenty of 4s in the quarter mile

foskamink
04-30-2008, 05:35 AM
But there's a big difference between roll-ons and a quarter mile! Actually LAUNCHING (and putting all of that power to the ground) a bike takes quite a bit more skill than people realize until they actually get on the line for the first time.... I wouldn't put money on it either way, but I'd bet I could take plenty of 4s in the quarter mile

is ur dog wearing ur helmet

MaKuono
04-30-2008, 05:57 AM
Moving from a "missile" R1 to a Tuoldo had nowt to do with you being a cat funt then, eh?:happy:

I had lots of fun on the R1 in Wales at the weekend, just ask WelshTuono, a.k.a Flyin' Brian, and el MongOoOo.:burnout:

...Maybe itīs sooooooo fun that with time starts to hurt...:bump:

The Dr.Jon
04-30-2008, 07:19 AM
better yet ill put u down in the twisties on my 125

:funnypost You've been sitting in a room full of cuckoo clocks all going off at the same time my friend!:funnypost