PDA

View Full Version : R sticker

shetland woody
01-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Hi guys, please forgive my ignorance but i notice on some of the falcos they have an SLR logo on the rear seat cowl. I was just wondering what the difference is between an SLR model and the Sl. Perhaps this is a daft question.
Cheers Woody

venturaII
01-15-2008, 04:25 PM
Hi guys, please forgive my ignorance but i notice on some of the falcos they have an SLR logo on the rear seat cowl. I was just wondering what the difference is between an SLR model and the Sl. Perhaps this is a daft question.
Cheers Woody

I'll skip the temptation to reply about the increased male endowment that the SL-R brings, and just say that the difference is 100% cosmetic. Different paint scheme, different frame and fork leg color - that's about it.

shetland woody
01-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Thankyou for your quick reply Ventura. Thats cleared that up for me i thought perhaps they were up on power via a different ecu map or something etc etc
Cheers Woody:)

twinkiethekid
01-15-2008, 04:39 PM
The SL1000R is the V4 model! ;) ;) ;)

D-Rider
01-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Thankyou for your quick reply Ventura. Thats cleared that up for me i thought perhaps they were up on power via a different ecu map or something etc etc
Cheers Woody:)

Yeah - a US market embellishment to boost riders egos :D

(runs for cover)

RossGuzzi
01-15-2008, 05:40 PM
The diffrent fork colour is in fact a diffrent brand of fork. Marzzochi (gold)instead of the Showa (black) Of corse gold is better !!:eek::eek:

venturaII
01-15-2008, 05:45 PM
The diffrent fork colour is in fact a diffrent brand of fork. Marzzochi (gold)instead of the Showa (black) Of corse gold is better !!:eek::eek:

Nope. My mid-production '03 has gold Showas. The Marzzochis didn't show up till late into the '03 production season (at least, for US bikes).

D-Rider
01-15-2008, 06:09 PM

..... although the Marzocchis come in both black and gold - depending on which colour scheme bike they were fitted to.
We also got them outside the USofA / Aus but without the ego-boost "R" mark.