PDA

View Full Version : Fuchs dyno......

clarkie49
11-14-2003, 09:01 PM
dont worry not starting a fight :rolleyes:

what i would like to know is what model fuchs dyno you or your dealers in europe have.

and what accessories/novelties are installed, eddy brake, gas analyser etc

clarkie

duczilla
11-15-2003, 08:08 AM
clarkie check out the Superflow Cycledyn units they are by far the most sophistcated and well thought out of all the units i've used eddy brake gas analyzer wheel slip yada yada yada
you can program in your favorite road if you want to.
www.superflow.com

clarkie49
11-15-2003, 08:47 AM
cheers duczilla,

i already have some info abour the mustang, superflo, land & sea, dynojet and mjp dynos.

i want more info about what is being used by places like renegade etc.

the fuchs 'might' be the best option but i cannot find a us importer and i dont want to make overseas calls for tech support.

all the others i have listed are sold/imported here in the us but i want to give the fuchs operators a chance.

this isnt a loaded thread at all.

the mustang, superflo, land & sea and dynojet all have their advantages and disadvantages (lets not get into them), they all run around $25,000 with all the bells and whistles but the mjp so far is the best of them all and will run around $5000 less. $5000 is a dyno room and a couple of pizzas.

i am not looking for 'cause its the best and the other suck' or 'its the most acurate' i am looking for what specific model of fuchs the poms are using.

cheers,

clarkie

powermaster
11-15-2003, 02:00 PM
The most common used is the 251, the 261 is eddy current and fairly new, the 251 can be upgraded. Some people use the basic set up due to cost, we have extra fans, gas and weather station, starter and a few other bits and pieces. I doubt if you would be calling them for back up support, I never did as all updates are sent via internet. I also looked at Superflow but chose the Fuchs as I felt it was a better package, price and easy to use.
As i said, send an email to Steve at shadowfax and he will email you a lot of info on both models.
Jim Fish had the full fuchs program maybe he could send you the discs for you to have a play with the software.
The great thing about the Fuchs has their accuracy between models. Steve in one day did 16 runs on 16 different dynos on his CBR and the differences were less than 1%.

clarkie49
11-15-2003, 09:32 PM
jorge - thanks, i am still concerned about there not being an importer here in the us. you may not think that is an issue but i do. i gotta yell at someone when shit brakes :D

the other thing is freight, its a long drive from france or england

clarkie