PDA

View Full Version : New to the Pegaso family

Alf
11-16-2007, 05:41 AM
Hi everyone,

Got my Pegaso Strada last week and still in the process of running it in.

Not the best conditions out there for riding on new tyres, brakes, suspension... but still looking forward to being able to rev it to 5K (only 100 miles to go so hopefully this weekend).

First indications are positive although the front end does feel a bit "floaty" and nervous, but I will reserve judgement until tyres are properly scrubbed in and the tarmac a bit warmer. Build quality seems a funny mixture of very nice and very naff.

The cubby-holes are genious: last Friday came to work with my bits & bobs under the tank cover and my office shoes under the seat! :happy:

I managed to run out of petrol on Saturday with the fuel gauge showing three lines and the fuel light not coming on at all. Guess I'd better get the shop to have a look at the sender during the first service.

Has anybody had any problems with water ingress into the rear numberplate light. I noticed that the design seems a bit iffy, with the top of the light having a gap that you can not close properly (only screws at the bottom).

Looking forward to a winter of fun and games!!!

Strada_photos
11-16-2007, 06:39 AM
Hi, Alf...................got a mate who lives in Swindon!
Anyway, check your tyres pressures. Mine left the dealer feeling a bit vague and found the rear was half a bar too low and slightly too low on the front as well.
I normally run 2 bar up front and 2.2 rear.
I know what it's like trying to break in new tyres in the frosty conditions - just fitted a new set of Conti's. The pirelli's last 5,500 miles (well, the front still has plenty of life left but always change in pairs).

Keep us posted and ride carefully!

keithc
11-16-2007, 07:23 AM
5500 on the original rear tyre ! I must be doing something wrong, mine was down to the wear markers at 3500 miles.
I to suffered a feeling that the front was to light on my Strada. New Avon tyres made this better (120/60 Pro extreme rain front, 150/60 storm rear).
I am still pleased with teh bike after nearly 6000 miles of all weather riding. My riding style doesnt seem to attract the stuttering much as I dont tend to ride on part throttle in the 3-4000rpm rev range.
Enjoy you new bike.

Keith

FUGLY
11-16-2007, 10:26 AM
My trail has just done 13,000 miles, the original back tyre (Pirelli Scorpion) lasted 9000 miles but grip was iffy. now has a dunlop Trailmax that seems to be wearing more quickly.

Its never let me down yet, doesnt seem to stutter much (it does pop and bang a little on shutdown)

I think the front end is a bit imprecise at speed , especially with luggage on the back, but it seems to sort itself out. When overtaking lorries on the autoroute at a highish speed it would wobble about, but I found if I leant forward slightly this would resolve itself.:blah:

Strada_Stu
11-16-2007, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone,

First indications are positive although the front end does feel a bit "floaty" and nervous,

The cubby-holes are genious: last Friday came to work with my bits & bobs under the tank cover and my office shoes under the seat!

I managed to run out of petrol on Saturday with the fuel gauge showing three lines and the fuel light not coming on at all. Guess I'd better get the shop to have a look at the sender during the first service.

Has anybody had any problems with water ingress into the rear numberplate light. I noticed that the design seems a bit iffy, with the top of the light having a gap that you can not close properly (only screws at the bottom).

Looking forward to a winter of fun and games!!!

Hello Alf
As for the floaty feeling may I suggest, as did Strada_Photos, that you check your tyre pressures, also have a read of your manual reference the rear suspension settings, as I tweeked this when I got mine and it made a difference to the wway the whole bike felt. I found it a little washy on the standard settings.

If you have a read of lots of the other posts on here you will find that quite a few people have problems with the fuel gauge being very inaccurate. I would definatly mention it to your dealer but don't get your hopes up, If you fill up every 130 miles you should be ok.

I noticed the rear number plate light didn't seemed sealed, but don't worry it is, the end unit is a sealed unit, why it sits looking half fixed on I don't know.

As for keeping your bits and bobs in your tank compartment, well each to their own I say ! ha ha

Welcome to the forum anyway
Stu:)