PDA

View Full Version : Brrap

Gee
11-14-2007, 06:49 AM
just hit 160KPH (100MPH) at 11000 RPM, i sstarted slowing down as i was in a 30 zone (just entered a village) all of a suden my back whell locks up! So i pull my clutch in and pull over. My engine cut out and evry thing. when i pulled over i got of and checked if it had any compresion. It was finewouldnet budge at all. tryed starting it and it started straight away.

i woundered wat it could be. I just rebuilt her on saturday and ran it in on monday night (300KM) and i'm still taking it steady last night was first time i went any where near redline.

i really dont know what happend, any one got nay ideas?

when it locked up it was under breaking, both fornt and rear so it would take loads of weight of the back and it would lock up easy but i hardly pressed my rear brake at all, i may of hit a wet patch with the rear but then surly the fotn should of gone as i was breaking quite hard!

cheers guys

Nova2006
11-14-2007, 07:04 AM
ya get me i think u likeeeeee wrected ya bike........ yeeee mannnn

Nova2006
11-14-2007, 07:05 AM
heat seize maybe??

the rx done it the other day.. thinking it had blown up we walked it back the 20 odd min walk..

i was sitting on it having a fag wen we got back.. and it started right away..

have u tried starting it again??

DanGPR
11-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Shifting down too early?

Trying to bleed off all that speed and banging it down through the box could easily lock the back wheel.

Nova2006
11-14-2007, 07:09 AM
dan u seen the sxv 450 maybe the 550 rising around littlehampton??

DanGPR
11-14-2007, 07:11 AM
No i haven't!

I want to though haha, i love those bikes.

Shame you have to rebuild them every 48 hours of riding or something stupid like that :eek:

williamr
11-14-2007, 07:18 AM
As you don't know how to spell it's no great surprise that you don't know what happened to your bike either. You were riding the bloody thing. Have you no mechanical sensitivity at all?

If you're stupid enough to enter a 30 zone at near 100 mph you really should be put over mummy's knee and spanked very hard.

Best guess would be rider error of some sort.

Rob

Gee
11-14-2007, 07:32 AM
Didnt change down, the revs just dropped. the bike started again straight away so i dont think it was heat seize. started this morning too.

it isent as much a village its 3 houses on a main road with 2 road signs saying 30 and only one house is acully occupied so yer!

The bike was running same temparature as it always does, but lower at the time when it happend because it was a cold night so it was only running at 60 but went back up to 66 soon as i stopped.

wish
11-14-2007, 07:46 AM
that would be a heat sieze then it happened to me the other night now i think ive fucked the main bearings

dellenty69
11-14-2007, 07:57 AM
As you don't know how to spell it's no great surprise that you don't know what happened to your bike either. You were riding the bloody thing. Have you no mechanical sensitivity at all?

If you're stupid enough to enter a 30 zone at near 100 mph you really should be put over mummy's knee and spanked very hard.

Best guess would be rider error of some sort.

Rob

i agree with the spelling part mate but the mechanical bit was abit out of order, thats what the forum is for, is to help people with no knowledge oh a 2stroke. and at the end of the day, what speeds he was doing or where he was doing them is none of our buisness.

:cheers:

and check compressione too mate, take it for a little spin, see how it rides, and try not to rag the bollocks off it to much, and i would keep out the redline. i change at 10rpm and get 87-90 but i got low gearing.

Gee
11-14-2007, 08:03 AM
last night was the first time i hit 11000 (redline) since the rebuilt then at about 9000 it locked up. But on the way home she rode exacly the same! still kicked back 1,2 and 3. God knows what happend. Tuck the head of last night and its fine no marks on the barrel. wounder if it may of been the gear box or mabey chain?

the-heft
11-14-2007, 08:05 AM
i agree with the spelling part mate but the mechanical bit was abit out of order, thats what the forum is for, is to help people with no knowledge oh a 2stroke. and at the end of the day, what speeds he was doing or where he was doing them is none of our buisness.

:cheers:

and check compressione too mate, take it for a little spin, see how it rides, and try not to rag the bollocks off it to much, and i would keep out the redline. i change at 10rpm and get 87-90 but i got low gearing.

I disagree, if he said I was doing 100mph in a national speed limit I very much doubt Rob would of said anything. The fact hes admitted to doing 100mph while entering a 30mph is pretty fucking stupid.

Stanley_Aprilia
11-14-2007, 08:17 AM
you really should be put over mummy's knee and spanked very hard.

Hoooooo spankage!

Gee
11-14-2007, 08:24 AM
i should maby of put it different i was just cuming upto a 30, as i pulled up about 10meters behind the sign so by the i were in the 30zone i was probs not even going 20 and me engine were of like!

williamr
11-14-2007, 08:29 AM
last night was the first time i hit 11000 (redline) since the rebuilt then at about 9000 it locked up. But on the way home she rode exacly the same! still kicked back 1,2 and 3. God knows what happend. Tuck the head of last night and its fine no marks on the barrel. wounder if it may of been the gear box or mabey chain?

If the chain had jammed it would stay jammed. I assume it's adjusted correctly? If it was a real lock up then it sounds like a heat seize. You'd see the marks on the piston rather than the barrel.

Couple of points - the guy who can't be bothered to use a spell checker is likely to be the guy who can't be bothered to check an adjustment or use a torque wrench. This is a rider forum. Anyone riding irresponsibly puts us all in a bad light. It's the business of all of us to either make the idiots behave or stop them from riding, before all bikes get banned.

Rob

djay
11-14-2007, 08:33 AM
doing 100 entering a 30 zone ........... just a shame it didnt spit you over the bars

it's morons like you that cause all other bikers to get a bad name

:spankie:

dellenty69
11-14-2007, 08:40 AM
If the chain had jammed it would stay jammed. I assume it's adjusted correctly? If it was a real lock up then it sounds like a heat seize. You'd see the marks on the piston rather than the barrel.

Couple of points - the guy who can't be bothered to use a spell checker is likely to be the guy who can't be bothered to check an adjustment or use a torque wrench. This is a rider forum. Anyone riding irresponsibly puts us all in a bad light. It's the business of all of us to either make the idiots behave or stop them from riding, before all bikes get banned.

Rob

i totaly understand what your saying and i actualy agree, im just trying to say that saying stuff like that is what causes arguments, gets the forum banned etc etc (especialy what djay just said), im just saying that hes asked for advise, and we should give him the answer. you under stand what im saying.

by the way this isnt a dig or having a go at anybody! :D

djay
11-14-2007, 08:44 AM
hes asked for advise, and we should give him the answer.

i agree to a certain extent.
there's a diff though between someone asking for advice (which we all need from time to time) and some moron coming on here, saying he was doing 100 entering a 30 zone and thinking ppl will think "wow, thats cool"

its a pity his IQ doesn't match the cc of his bike

Stanley_Aprilia
11-14-2007, 08:47 AM
Aye, we probably didnt need those details about the zones etc but its done now. Might as well forget about it etc :)

Steffman
11-14-2007, 08:52 AM
doing 100 entering a 30 zone ........... just a shame it didnt spit you over the bars

it's morons like you that cause all other bikers to get a bad name

:spankie:

Soo? I to go way too fast in 50km/h (~30mph) zones all the time. Allthough the little 125's aren't very fast...

Gee
11-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Yes fair enough I was being an idiot, however I know the road well go down it nearly every day its in the middle of no where, and the village does only have one occupied house (two are abandoned). No one goes 30 through it, few weeks ago I followed traffic police and he was doing 50 through it.

So is it pretty likely to be a heat seize? The thermostat was not reading unusually high (was running bit colder if anything)

It also still runs fine now :S

ismell33
11-14-2007, 12:34 PM
I had a heat seize and the symptoms were very similar to yours. Slowing down from 60 into a thirty zone and for no reason at all the back wheel locks. Several hours later after i get picked up by the recovery truck the bike starts again and i go for a quick spin around the block. However after looking at the piston and barrel i realised it was shagged. So yeh basically it sounds like a heat seize but it maybe completley unrelated. Strip her down and have a look thats the only way you will know.

Stuart

Scott221
11-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Brrap

Fucking Prat!

Davido
11-14-2007, 04:19 PM
The other day I did a wheelie past a remembrance day parade, whilst swearing at the old people and my tracksuit bottoms got caught on my footpeg.

What's wrong with my bike?

Sheene7
11-14-2007, 04:21 PM
Prick ^^^ :)

Steffman
11-14-2007, 04:21 PM
What's wrong with my bike?

Don't know, mabye you've flipped too many stoppies on it?

Scott221
11-14-2007, 04:23 PM
The other day I did a wheelie past a remembrance day parade, whilst swearing at the old people and my tracksuit bottoms got caught on my footpeg.

Dats qlty bruv, If you were dwn in B90 id send some fockin rizzla your way blud, big up yaself! BRAP BRAPPP!!

matty49
11-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Dats qlty bruv, If you were dwn in B90 id send some fockin rizzla your way blud, big up yaself! BRAP BRAPPP!!

Rofl pal.

I think too many people here watch Channel U.

V6jules
11-14-2007, 04:44 PM
"The thermostat was not reading unusually high"

you mean temperature gauge? which gets its reading from a temperature sensor

the thermostat is a heat operated valve which opens and allows water through the radiator when the water surrounding it heats to a certain temperature, i think car ones use a cylinder full of wax that melts and expands pushing the sprung loaded valve open.

on a different note does anyone know what temperature the RS one is supposed to open at?

jameskrs50
11-14-2007, 04:52 PM
dont ride it, take the exhaust off, look up the port, and see if the bore or piston is scored, if it is then it needs replacing im afraid. if u go ride it again u may b doin more damage and hitting ur pocket harder

PingSpike
11-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I've clearly been living up a mountain for too long. What the fuck does "Brrap" mean!?

jameskrs50
11-14-2007, 05:16 PM
i live with 80,000 alcholics clinging to a rock, i know the feeling

Scott221
11-15-2007, 04:42 AM
What the fuck does "Brrap" mean!?

I think its like an act of chav hardness. They shout brap brap as in a gun firing...

I dont really know..

dellenty69
11-15-2007, 07:41 AM
would make more sence saying bang bang then wouldent it :happy:

Davido
11-15-2007, 07:49 AM
Yeah but an uzi doesn't go BANG BANG.

it goes braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap.

That's what my bb gun does anyway. I carry it round with me and wear a te towel round my face because I'm gangsta.

rs125 thrasher
11-15-2007, 08:52 AM
loool

brap was the worst word to use on here
its chavvy

Gee
11-15-2007, 10:16 AM
I think its like an act of chav hardness. They shout brap brap as in a gun firing...

I dont really know..

its the noise i make when i shit myself! Hardly a chav concierign i wear skinnys!

Nova2006
11-15-2007, 10:18 AM
sooo ure like emoo?? dudeee

Sheene7
11-15-2007, 11:10 AM
Emmmooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Devs1979
11-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Tryin not to sound dumb !! but wtf does Brrap mean :|

Smoky
11-15-2007, 11:19 AM
oh no! somehow an emo snuck its way on here... KILL IT! or at least abuse it. alot.
lol:kidding:

rs125 thrasher
11-15-2007, 12:35 PM
i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself

ismell33
11-15-2007, 12:52 PM
on a different note does anyone know what temperature the RS one is supposed to open at?

70 degrees celsius

kd sweety
11-15-2007, 03:02 PM
i did the same thing on a CG125, was tucked in revving its nuts off at 72mph (lol) and well, i hadn't even had the RS otr legaly and in my "engine braking madness" i went strainght into 1st and well, i'll put it this way, SCREEETCH, AHHHH! (almost sideways), SMOKE, SMELL, SMOKE, CLUTCH IN before shit comes out, that bike had a fuck off flat spot after that lol

jameskrs50
11-15-2007, 03:03 PM
i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself

rofl, brilliant. u gotta love kids who wear skinny jeans, thats a long way to go for fashion, to castrate urself with a pair of trousers is a real commitment, not like them lazy goths!

rs125 thrasher
11-15-2007, 03:07 PM
loool:plus: remember kids its down the road not across the street

PingSpike
11-15-2007, 03:21 PM

I honestly can't answer that...

Devs1979
11-15-2007, 03:53 PM
Oi..... There be some of them Goths readin this :crowbar:

jonesy46
11-15-2007, 04:18 PM
first of all this thread is brilliant

second "Brap"to me sounds like im a total tosser who hasnt got a very good vocabulary and want to prrove im "ARD"

thirdly mate dont run that bike , if you seized it at that speed which it did seize then you need to change your piston, your engine will do more damage to itself with an engine in the state its in now, i cant remember who said it but take you exhaust off and have a peek inside, the only way of getting piece of mind is to take your top end off. idealy buy a new piston and rings

V6jules
11-15-2007, 06:48 PM
i did the same thing on a CG125, was tucked in revving its nuts off at 72mph (lol) and well, i hadn't even had the RS otr legaly and in my "engine braking madness" i went strainght into 1st and well, i'll put it this way, SCREEETCH, AHHHH! (almost sideways), SMOKE, SMELL, SMOKE, CLUTCH IN before shit comes out, that bike had a fuck off flat spot after that lol

chuckles... friend was thrashing the poor nuts of their hyosungwangalang cg125 replica and the head just dropped off one of the valves. not being very clever he didnt pull the clutch in and let the bike turn the engine over untill he came to a stop. end result was a hole in the top of the piston and bits of ally everywhere from the cylinder head and piston. stupid twat ;)

Gee
11-16-2007, 03:38 AM
nah not emo lolz. I ride alot of BMX fashion in BMX is like tight jeans etc. Certainly not emo though haha.

naggy
11-16-2007, 04:31 AM
oh no! somehow an emo snuck its way on here... KILL IT! or at least abuse it. alot.
lol:kidding:

never seen the URL for my myspace have ya. EMO, scene kid or worse NEW RAVE

matty49
11-16-2007, 10:32 AM
first of all this thread is brilliant

second "Brap"to me sounds like im a total tosser who hasnt got a very good vocabulary and want to prrove im "ARD"

thirdly mate dont run that bike , if you seized it at that speed which it did seize then you need to change your piston, your engine will do more damage to itself with an engine in the state its in now, i cant remember who said it but take you exhaust off and have a peek inside, the only way of getting piece of mind is to take your top end off. idealy buy a new piston and rings

Don’t take the exhaust off and peak inside, just take the whole off the top end off and have a proper look at it, inspect it through and through.

Does your engine die and rear wheel lock up the minute you try and go above 45-50mph also??

Matty!

jonesy46
11-16-2007, 11:44 AM
he wont be able to tell sod all by loocking at the top of the piston tho:confused:

if you really want to have a good look take your hole top end off or if u wana save time take you zoorst off n peak inside

matty do you live near abingdon park by n e chance ?

matty49
11-16-2007, 11:46 AM
I meant take the whole top end off, sorry was in a world off my own. And no me mates do though. I live in Desborough.

Matty

jonesy46
11-16-2007, 11:47 AM
I ment take the whole off the top end off, was in a world off my own. And no, Desborough!

ooo fair enuff fella, just i see a yellow mito around there no worries

matty49
11-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Proberly was me, no more yellow no more tho.

Matty

V6jules
11-16-2007, 01:03 PM
it doesnt hurt to have a quick look up the exhaust port though. the port is quite big on the rs and you can see quite a bit through it, take the plug out and stick a mag light down it without the diffuser on it and its well lit up inside too and you can check one side of the piston and the oposite side of the barrels.