PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got a 34mm Inlet?

alien.46.uk
05-23-2007, 05:34 AM
Hi everyone, i'm in search for a 34mm Inlet manifold for the 34mm Carb. The only difficulty is that i need an angled one for the Pegaso 125/Rally 125/Taureg 125 and possibly the ETX 125.

I know they're available osmewhere but without the ability to speak italien i dont really know where else to look. Plenty of places have the RS125 available and plenty second hand, but no the angled one i need. I've tried the RS125 one, but the carb hits the monoshock.

I hope someone can help as i have been searching for months.

Luke.

PJ ENGINEERING
05-23-2007, 08:28 AM
Hi everyone, i'm in search for a 34mm Inlet manifold for the 34mm Carb. The only difficulty is that i need an angled one for the Pegaso 125/Rally 125/Taureg 125 and possibly the ETX 125.

I know they're available osmewhere but without the ability to speak italien i dont really know where else to look. Plenty of places have the RS125 available and plenty second hand, but no the angled one i need. I've tried the RS125 one, but the carb hits the monoshock.

I hope someone can help as i have been searching for months.

Luke.

Your search is over have just one in stock 47.00. i will add it to our web shop tonight and post a link.

Hope this helps

alien.46.uk
05-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Blimey, that's a heafty price tag for sayin RS125 34mm inlets are around at 34 ... Oh well ...

Anyway, just to double check, it is the same as the one i have taken pics of and attached. Yes i know my current one is covered in gasket material, but for unkown reasons as it's not cracked, lol ...

Cheers,

Luke.

wish
05-23-2007, 01:24 PM
isnt that a 28mm carb u have on there

alien.46.uk
05-23-2007, 01:39 PM
Yup, that was just to check the angle was right as it's diff to the RS striaght inlet.

AndyS_RS
05-23-2007, 02:08 PM
why do you need a new un if its not cracked?

alien.46.uk
05-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Thats (in the pics) the Angled Inlet for a 28mm Carb which wht i am running atm (Pics are from my bike).

I want the 34mm Angled Inlet to allow me to use a 34mm Carb.

HTH lol ...

Luke.

PJ ENGINEERING
05-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Blimey, that's a heafty price tag for sayin RS125 34mm inlets are around at 34 ... Oh well ...

Anyway, just to double check, it is the same as the one i have taken pics of and attached. Yes i know my current one is covered in gasket material, but for unkown reasons as it's not cracked, lol ...

Cheers,

Luke.

Yes That is the right one, Re the price not me putting more on it, it is the price from the factory, they sell more of the std stright ones so the price is cheap.

Here is the link http://www.pjme.co.uk/acatalog/Performance_Parts_no2.html

Hope this helps

AndyS_RS
05-23-2007, 02:56 PM
best thing you wil ever do to that bike is upgrading. I ran an rx engined ktm with both carbs, lifted up on hard accel far better with the 34, it serisoly was like a new bike.

alien.46.uk
05-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Hi There,

Before i go ahead and start the ball rolling, I just need a bit of advice ...

Currently in my 28mm my Main jet is a 140 main, what would i roughly start with in a 34mm, like a starting point ... ?

For the Air inlet i have the stock airbox fitted, would any modeifications have to made for my air box as it's a bit more open that the rs's ?

Is the diameter of the plastic ring on the air inlet side the sam width as the 28? As in if i used the stock airbox would the rubber tube that attaches to both the airbox and carb fit?

What would i seriously gain from a 34mm carb ... ?

Would my Reed's have to be changed? I already have a wierd oblong reed in there that no one's really sure about :P ...

I'm planning on running Denso plugs, will these still be ok?

I'm just trying to get as much info as i can before i plung in and start buying the needed kit.

Thanks,

Luke.

AndyS_RS
05-23-2007, 04:50 PM
stock airbox fits, your bike was built for a 34mm carb. jetting seems high already, start at 160 main and 38 idle emulsifier. reeds are fine as they are, consider changing to rs125 reeds if you're worried.

Gains in accel, torque and throttle response, also cruzes better at high speed and constant throttle

denso plug is fine, but why?

alien.46.uk
05-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Why? Because someone on here is selling Iridium Racing Plugs for Cheap, just waiting on a response, lol ...

I've just realised, i will have to change to standard reeds as the reed i have now requires the inlet to have a smooth base, so the triangle bits that go inside the reed are cut off on my current one, very wierd indeed ...

I've done a lot of work to my bike and plying with carbs and main jets, but not idle imulsifiers ... What one of them? Anything to doing with that Flux Capacitor that you mentioned in another thread :P ?

Luke.

AndyS_RS
05-23-2007, 05:17 PM
the idle emulsifier can be considered like an idle jet, except it has holes up the sides to carry air into the fuel stream and aid vapourisation. don't worry about this unless you have idle and off thottle response problems. There is no idle JET on a 34mm carb.

The triangle nozzle can be cut off the inlet manifold if you want to stick with your current reeds.