PDA

View Full Version : One less Falco in the world....

jdanhires
05-20-2007, 09:05 AM
So, I was out enjoying the curvy roads in Kentucky yesterday, and then I did something stupid. Went wide in a turn to avoid some gravel, and decided not to finish the turn. The Falco briefly turned into a dual-sport before it spit me off and went tumbling down the embankment.

The right side is pretty rashed. The can is destroyed, the Mille swingarm is dented to hell, and the fairing bracket is destroyed. Rear brake lever got sheared off as did the right side clip on. Sigh. At least the left side looks good. Insurance company is coming out tomorrow,and I fear the worst.

My first street crash in 13 years of riding on the street. Well, at least I'm not hurt.

John

ZeroTwoRSV
05-20-2007, 09:53 AM
John,

your last line says it all. Perhaps the Falco is salvagable? If not, you've made my bike that much closer to a collector's item :D

JCG
05-20-2007, 10:49 AM
That sucks!! I have noticed a large amount of gravel/trash in the roads lately around here. Lots of grass from lawnmowers too! I think the country folk are putting shit in the road to F%ck with us or we just need a good hard rain. I actually gauge how hard I am going to ride based on how recently it has rained and therefore how clean the roads will be. I had a buddy go down a few weeks ago on gravel. Glad your OK! Sounds like your bike is in the same condition mine was when I bought it (Everything on the right side trashed). With that in mind, I know you can get the bird back to her good looks.

If I didn't already donate all my spare parts, I would help you out.

jdanhires
05-20-2007, 11:41 AM
If I didn't already donate all my spare parts, I would help you out.

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it.

Does anyone know how State Farm is about repairing motorcycles?

John

sabestian
05-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Sh1t. Glad you're fine.

Bottom line is: FIGHTERISE!

FalcoPilot
05-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Glad you are okay!!!!

SoulDaddy
05-20-2007, 02:44 PM
I've always heard good things about State Farm so you should be ok, but put up a diplomatic fight if they try to low-ball you -- they can be negotiated.

If you have aftermarket parts on it and they want to total the bike, make sure you swap the parts out with the stock ones first unless you plan to buy the bike back from them.

If your bike is real low miles or something else makes it unique you might just want to take the money and buy another bird as there are quite a few really nice ones out there for stoopidly low prices, imho. You could probably come out well into the black.

Must have been a nasty experience, glad you're alright. :cheers:

Gio52
05-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Never say never.

Glad you're ok tho.